• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Lush shampoo bar review thread

My wife and I brought Montalbano and Seanik in the end from lush and as someone suggested too sample cases we asked for and given free...
I also asked for some of the toothpaste tablets shop assistant offered 2 varieties free to see if we like them which is good ...
Thx nodarosa for your advice

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Linda,do you mean that using the Ligget’s, you don’t have to use conditioner? Or that you have never had to use conditioner so can get away with just using the Ligett’s shampoo bar.
Before using this shampoo bar, I always used conditioner. Do not seem to need it anymore. Am not a chemist, but perhaps it is because there are no chemicals in the product and your hair returns to a naturally healthy state. Ever read the ingredients on your shampoo bottle? Sodium Laurel this etc. At any rate, it works for me at home and certainly while travelling - no heavy bottles and healthy hair:)

I put my wet Lush (the citrus one) soap bar in that little mesh bag that you buy 3 heads of garlic in. Then i safety pinned that to my travel towel when I hung the travel towel over the end of the bunk to dry. Dried nicely. After drying, I put it in the metal container. I would not use this soap again as the bar fell apart and did not last more than 3 weeks. It was only used for hair and body washing. My husband’s lasted even less time.
Me too! Just let it air dry a bit b4 putting it away.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I formulated my own shampoo bar that is harder and longer lasting than the Lush bar. It's basically the same components as the Lush bar, except I use powdered or melted ingredients so there aren't those "noodles" that crumble with use. It also means the ingredients and pH are consistent throughout the bar. I hang them on the laundry line by my clothes to dry.

Last edited:
I formulated my own shampoo bar that is harder and longer lasting than the Lush bar. It's basically the same components as the Lush bar, except I use powdered or melted ingredients so there aren't those "noodles" that break down.
I can recommend @JillGat's shampoo bars and especially her conditioner bar.

Dr. Bronner's bar soap worked for me and much less expensive!

Lush is ~$12 for 2 oz.
Dr. Bronner' is ~$5 for 5 oz.

That's $24/ounce vs. $1/ounce.

-Paul
I admit to being mathematically challenged, but if something is $12 for 2 oz, isn't that $6/ounce?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks for that tip! I've got myself some now and it's like they were made for Lush bars. Perfect! Medium size is the one people need.
I live quite rurally so had never been to a Lush store until a year ago when I was visiting Seattle. At that time they told me that in a few months, Lush was going to be coming out with a container made of bamboo (as well as their tins). Supposed to help keep the bars from 'melting.' Did they ever market the bamboo containers does anyone know?

I live quite rurally so had never been to a Lush store until a year ago when I was visiting Seattle. At that time they told me that in a few months, Lush was going to be coming out with a container made of bamboo (as well as their tins). Supposed to help keep the bars from 'melting.' Did they ever market the bamboo containers does anyone know?
I like these GoTubbs to store my bar shampoo. I use the medium size. You can open them with one hand, which is handy in the shower. I put a thin sponge at the bottom to absorb moisture.

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.