• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The magic bank

P

PANO

The following has been on the mailing circuit for a while so please forgive me to post it here nevertheless, because it is so matching with the camino spirit, I think.

Magic Bank Account
Imagine that you had won the following *PRIZE* in a contest:
Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 in your private account for your use. However, this prize has rules:
1. Everything that you didn't spend during each day would be taken away from you.
2. You may not simply transfer money into some other account.
3. You may only spend it.
4. Each morning upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another $86,400 for that day.
5. The bank can end the game without warning; at any time it can say, “Game Over!". It can close the account and you will not receive a new one.

What would you personally do? You would buy anything and everything you wanted right? Not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for. Even for people you don't know, because you couldn't possibly spend it all on yourself, right? You would try to spend every penny, and use it all, because you knew it would be replenished in the morning, right?

ACTUALLY, This GAME is REAL ...
Shocked ??? YES! Each of us is already a winner of this *PRIZE*. We just can't seem to see it.

The PRIZE is *TIME*
1. Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life.
2. And when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is Not credited to us.
3. What we haven't used up that day is forever lost.
4. Yesterday is forever gone.
5. Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time WITHOUT WARNING...

SO, what will YOU do with your 86,400 seconds?

Those seconds are worth so much more than the same amount in dollars.
Think about it and remember to enjoy every second of your life, because time races by so much quicker than you think. So take care of yourself, be happy, love deeply and enjoy life!
Here's wishing you a wonderful and beautiful day. Start “spending”....

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I like this.
And I'm trying to spend every € every single day, not always successful but I'm trying :D

You've made my day so I guess few of your € well spend ;)

Thanks!

Beautiful, PANO, thank you. How do we spend out time indeed?
More to the point how do we give? Because after a while you can only 'buy' so much for yourself.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I just spent 180 replying to this great thread and giving you a LIKE. Thanks PANO :)

Uh this is rather clever and interesting - thanks for posting it! i've had cancer a few years ago which threatened the closure of my bank account - to my great surprise - until then i was heading for "great old age - or 120 " hehe - and please don't feel bad or sad for me - i'm just saying it because of the surprise point - don't prolong or wait for a better chance - do it, say it, celebrate it - TODAY :D

i'd love to use the magic bank account for a christian youth camp in the summer - would that be ok? x

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Uh this is rather clever and interesting - thanks for posting it! i've had cancer a few years ago which threatened the closure of my bank account - to my great surprise - until then i was heading for "great old age - or 120 " hehe - and please don't feel bad or sad for me - i'm just saying it because of the surprise point - don't prolong or wait for a better chance - do it, say it, celebrate it - TODAY :D
i'd love to use the magic bank account for a christian youth camp in the summer - would that be ok? x
What a lovely post, Butterfly! And PLEASE go ahead to clean-up your account every day, that camp will appreciate, but then they don't know that you'll actually do it all for yourself, hehe ;)

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back