• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Man Who Walked Around the World

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Simon Hattenstone in The Guardian, 11 April 2023 describes the 7 year walk completed by Tom Turcich from New Jersey, USA, as he searched for meaning in life and happily found it one step at a time.
Thank you
brilliant article
so many doing these journeys now

this is another guy cycling for charity from Alaska to Argentina A742947D-8800-45A4-8BA8-E00837E593F3.png

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Around the World on 80 Dollars by Robert Christopher publishef 1953 helped start me dreaming of adventure travel when a teenager.

Reading guides like that led to the first European trip in 1959 at 20 biking from London to Rome in 4 months on a Raleigh 3 speed bike!! ... What exhaustion! What memories!!

Last edited:
Around the World on 80 Dollars by Robert Christopher publishef 1953 helped start me dreaming of adventure travel when a teenager.
Amazing that anyone knows of the book, nevermind have read it. It's been about 60 years since I read it but there has been a good number of times when I thought it deserved a re-read. I really only remember the author being brought in the back of a truck into Afghanistan by smugglers and his breaking into an office in Burma to stamp his own passport.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I've been following Australian Alexander Campbell on Instagram as he walks around the world. He started a year ago, and is currently in Bangladesh.

Most read last week in this forum

An article in the weekend edition of the Irish Times. I hope it can be accessed. If not, just follow the website above. Go n-éirí an bóthar leat, Credit for Gaelic version, @wayfarer...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back