A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

The Meseta

Hello All, we are coming for Ireland and wondering if we could walk from burgos to leon in 5days?? its 170km/105miles. It seems to be one of the best parts of the camino frances. Are there many hills or is it flat??

Many thanks

Marty

Tough, kind of monotonous (or looking at it another way, a fair amount of solitude) but do-able if you're fit and enjoy walking and certainly Burgos and Leon would make two fine bookends

The map I'm looking at says it's 184km - it took me 4.5 days but then I walk pretty quickly - and it's basically flat apart from short climb out of Castrojeriz

Minkey

To be perfectly honest, I doubt it. If you want to do it comfortably I reckon probably nearer 7 days...

Personally I think the nices part of the Camino is from St Jean Pied de Port to Burgos, but that's just me!

thats great thanks a million guys, it looks like we'd have to walk 10hrs a day probably, and to be fair i think we want to push ourselves a little anyway, we've just finished a mountian challenge here in ireland! the 12bens of connemara, i would highly recommend it. thanks again for your time, take care

Minkey

Spursfan walks... lots...!

I quite liked that climb out of Castrojeriz. Some amazing views from the top.

In fact, I'm deliberately walking through Burgos to stop at Tardajos just so I can stop off in Castrojeriz as it's a lovely town.

Ulysse

marty.moloney said:
Hello All, we are coming for Ireland and wondering if we could walk from burgos to leon in 5days?? its 170km/105miles. It seems to be one of the best parts of the camino frances. Are there many hills or is it flat??
If I can give you my personal impression the best part of the CF is from StJPdeP to Logrono, some stages from Burgos to Leon and Galicia.
Sure you can run from Burgos to Leon; there are some hilly parts but it is mostly desert with huge wheat fields.
I prefer vineyards in Navarra and Rioja and the green of Galicia, even tough it rains like hell. :wink:

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%