• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino The mob on the Mozárabe

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We are here in Almería! A few forum members have left already, but here we have @marilyn van graan , @glauder@xtr.co.nz, @Ninja , @Krimpa, three Asociation volunteers, Percy, @peregrina2000 . @mla1 , @Magwood, @C clearly
. View attachment 41180
All smiles !!
I’ll be watching you ‘having fun’ and it will be interesting to watch your little sub groups develop as you move along at your own comfortable pace.
Looks like you’re all experienced., so there will no doubt be a lot of experience swapping and learning too.

Buen Camino everyone
Annie

Hi, Marilynn! I was wondering when you were going to start! And Laurie is in the same group - I wanted to tell you, Laurie, that THE map did make it to Marilynn. Took TWO MONTHS from Paris Roissy airport to Capetown by registered mail!

Well, I keep my fingers crossed for you. Enjoy yourselves! Buen camino!
Ina

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Such a nice moment for you. And for the rest of us too I'm sure.

Buen Camino to all!
:)

The mob has splintered, not because of any reason other than different walking preferences. I am with four others ( only one a forum member) in Calahorra. jpflavin and Ortemio are a day ahead. C clearly and freewalker are a few kms back. And the rest are in Abla tonight. This is a beautiful camino with some tough parts but it’s hard to complain when you have snow covered mountains always in view!

Attachments

• 9CCD40AF-09A1-48C7-B2FC-7779724323FA.jpeg
    9CCD40AF-09A1-48C7-B2FC-7779724323FA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • 9CFDCA34-B7D1-4E2A-A6B7-039F4F794A9A.jpeg
    9CFDCA34-B7D1-4E2A-A6B7-039F4F794A9A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
  • 7A66D361-5564-4E5D-A063-9E904C35CA82.jpeg
    7A66D361-5564-4E5D-A063-9E904C35CA82.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Well, guys, I am hoping to see a few of you in Granada tomorrow (even if only for a few beers). Buen camino, amigos!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Well, part of the mob is in Granada now, I had the honour of sharing a couple of hours, a visit to the old Muslim school in Granada, a gorgeous ice cream and a short walk with Laurie today, she is in great form, I wish I had had time to walk with her tomorrow along the old Camino (by the river) instead of the new one (industrial states and boring suburbs for the best part of 20 km). The Granada Camino association has A LOT to learn from our Almeria neighbours. To those who are thinking about staying with the nuns in Comendadoras de Santiago, BEWARE: curfew at 7:50 pm... You are forewarned!

Hoping to do the Almeria-Granada segment sooner than later, perhaps at a slower pace than Laurie, but it is definitely in my agenda.

Buen camino to you all!!!

I am no longer part of the mob, and as of today I won’t have the constant enjoyment and entertainment provided by my dear pals who started with me in Almeria. So a new adventure begins from Granada.

So great to meet Amancio. And just a slight correction to the curfew info. You can choose—be in before they go to prayers at 8 or stay out till they leave mass at 9:30. Not being much of a party animal, I chose the former. ;)
Accommodations are lovely.

I feel like I am launching myself into the unknown, leaving the protectorate of the Almeria Association. Most wonderful Spanish association anywhere! Buen camino, Laurie

Attachments

• 009D87F8-80ED-4F5F-95DE-BBAAD720BC9B.jpeg
    009D87F8-80ED-4F5F-95DE-BBAAD720BC9B.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
  • D668176C-6E02-4DF6-B4A5-07473953C3C3.jpeg
    D668176C-6E02-4DF6-B4A5-07473953C3C3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 17
  • 05F2DDBA-D188-4C54-9623-A734DCC30449.jpeg
    05F2DDBA-D188-4C54-9623-A734DCC30449.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I am no longer part of the mob, and as of today I won’t have the constant enjoyment and entertainment provided by my dear pals who started with me in Almeria. So a new adventure begins from Granada

Buen Camino Laurie
You’ll be doing plenty of side trips I’m sure !

And we’re all still here / never very far away
Enjoy
Annie

We just finished a tough day - La Peza to Quentar, about 28 km. It was interesting , having some of almost everything - steep climbs, steep descents, asphalt road, dirt tracks, river beds, pine forests, orchards, and a huge limestone quarry. The only thing missing was a bar. Now we are installed in a 3-bedroom townhouse in Quéntar. Others are in the hotel and a guest house, since there is no albergue. The Association people have been SO helpful! Paco was out on the trail today painting arrows.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back