• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

"The Moorish Whore:" A "camino book" like no other!

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Time of past OR future Camino
Many, various, and continuing.
Her story is true: Zaida was the Moorish wife of Alfonso VI, the king who established the Camino Frances as we know it, a thousand years ago. History says very little about Zaida, which leaves plenty of room for imagination -- especially when the writer lives along the Camino, and Zaida´s story unfolds along the Via de la Plata and in Sahagun!

This is a novel of historical fiction, not exactly a "camino book," but a fascinating, fun read for people who know the camino and the settings described.

Get yours today at http://www.amazon.com/The-Moorish-Whore ... rish+whore

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I bought the book in a second. Heck, things havn't changed much in Sahagun, last time we stayed there someone was outside our window at 3 AM screaming Puta Puta Puta!

Looking forward to a lively reading.

I just wanted to send a shout out for Rebecca's book, The Moorish Whore.

I finished it this morning, after staying up late into the night reading, unable to put it down.

I really enjoyed this book with its snippets of historical information about the Camino.

Highly recommended !
Thanks, Rebecca, for a great read!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hola Rebekah, Not sure this is my kind of book but there always good tips here. Totally enjoyed Joe & Elaine's "In Movement there is Peace" as did my wife. Off to buy on amazon as a pressie for herself.
Buen Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
yes, the book is still available, in softcover or as an e-book, on Amazon and all other online retailers as well as through your local bookstore.

Bought it, looking forward to reading it sometime soon, have high expectations for it! ....

Set in a particularly consequential period for the history of Spain and the Camino ....

(Merry Christmas to all!)

I read it and enjoyed it; it’s in my e-library. Although I didn’t walk the Via de la Plata and I had to bus through Sahagun, I still wish I had read it before I walked the camino.

Another shout out for this book. It is a ripping good yarn, and even though the intended audience is adult, it’s exactly the kind I like to read to my kids to bring history alive (except that it wasn’t entirely “family-friendly”!!)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Interest peaked, will definitely purchase this to read while on my 2019 Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Loved this book! Might be time for a re-read!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back