• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Movie `The Way`Martin Sheen

Beverley

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2009, Camino Portuguese 2010, Del Norte 2011, Pamplona to Burgos and Santiago to Finnesterra 2012
Has anyone seen the movie. It was at the Toronto Film Festival in 2008 or 9 but I just found out about it. Does anyone know if DVDs are available yet.

Bev from Canada

Topics merged and title edited by moderator

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Re: The Movie `The Way`Charile Sheen

Should have added (just in case Charlie rather than the Camino was the main attraction for you!) that the film features Martin not Charlie Sheen and that his brother Emilio Estevez directed it as well as playing a small part in the film.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
OMG of course it was Martin! not Charlie! Who would follow Charlie, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

The Movie "The Way" with MARTIN Sheen of course

Same questions, any body seen it, any links available?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
It is not a commitment, but IMDB is a reliable industry source of information, and it says:

Release dates for
The Way (2010/I)
Country Date
USA 2010
Canada 10 September 2010 (Toronto International Film Festival) (premiere)
Spain 19 November 2010
UK 15 April 2011

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Most curious. This is what I get on http://www.netflix.com:

The Way (2010)
When his son dies while hiking the famed Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route in the Pyrenees, Tom (Martin Sheen) flies to France to claim the remains. Looking for insights into his estranged child's life, he decides to complete the 500-mile mountain trek to Spain. Tom soon joins up with other travelers and realizes they're all searching for something. Emilio Estevez writes and directs this drama about self-discovery.
Cast: Martin Sheen, Deborah Kara Unger
Director: Emilio Estevez
Genre: Drama

Not rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
This movie has not been released on DVD. Future availability is not guaranteed.
Different countries must get different screens!

A very short interview with Martin Sheen that contains very little on the film, but also very little on Charlie Sheen, a positive feature in my eyes:

http://www.indcatholicnews.com/news.php?viewStory=18001

However, it contains a playlist of songs selected by Sheen. I might have most of them on my list, if I had a list. The article does not really say why the list is included. Martin might be a fun guy to hang with (as long as he stays sober)!

I wasn't even looking for "The Way" on Netflix when it suddenly popped up as a suggestion a while back. So now it's in my queue, but at the bottom, as it has not yet been released. Ah well.

Kelly

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
falcon269 said:
A documentary in the works in the San Diego area:

http://www.nctimes.com/lifestyles/faith ... b33c8.html

There's already a thread here:
miscellaneous-topics/topic6109.html

This is the film I am volunteering with in Portland. We are having a fundraiser/screening in San Diego tonight (5/21) and tomorrow night (5/22) in Los Angeles. Our website has all the info on the main page. Website info in my signature.....

If anyone is walking the Camino and interested in posting some fliers about The Camino Documentary, PM me with your email address and I will send you a PDF of the flier for you to print out. They are in English/Spanish and we are looking for people to post them in Albergues and bars along the way.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
And in Canada on Shaw PPV beginning February 22.

Saw the film over the weekend and it was REALLY good. Now I have the desire to grab my ruck, some clothes, passport and boots and get going! Might be part of the Class of 2015 if I can save enough cash and get in shape.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I watched it twice yesterday. Entertaining AND enlightening. Somehow it manages to include a multitude of reasons from the peregrino spectrum, not just the religious pilgrims, and still feel 'honest'. When I go, it'll be for religious reasons first, physical reasons second but even if I wasn't a Catholic, I think I can safely say that this movie would still inspire me to make the pilgrimage. I've wanted to make another long hike for several years now and I've been researching several. This movie helped me to finally select a destination. Give it a watch. You'll find some very surprising moments in it that are worth thinking about after the credits stop rolling. Which is something not easily said about a good bit of what oozes out of Hollywood these days.

YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO KNOW THAT THE PILGRIMAGE IS WAY AND FAR BETTER THAN THE MOVIE

bUEN cAMINO

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back