• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino The Nomad Pack - On the move!

Thank you so much for your reply
And yes, you are right about the money
And I could add materialism and the celebrity culture to that!
"Need! Vs "Want"

I think that this is one of the reasons that so many love walking the Camino ..a simpler existence for a time and carrying everything that they need in one bag!

Interestingly, I heard recently that the number of people entering contemplative religious orders has greatly increased in the last few years.

I hope that yourself and your family will enjoy the Picos now for a time.
A beautiful place indeed

We hiked there a few years ago around a long circuit including Vega de Ario and Cain..some hard walking but not sure if we could still manage it now.
And who knows, you just might make a bob or two with the book!!
And why not!
All the best
Annette

Need vs want... Exactly. Nobody needs 99% of the shite the system tells us we need. They say we need so and so because they want the money. Their "the rich" wants seem to be translated as our "most people" needs.
Vega de ario is wonderful, if you ever want to hike the Pico's again I'll be happy to bring vannii along and we can make it easier for you

Staying in the albergue for today, the wind and rain is full on and the donkeys are more than happy grazing all day, the dogs are happy being dry and Buddha has decided the bed is his new home. We all slept like kittens last night and the weather looks better tomorrow. With everyone fully rested we might just make the last 30km before dark tomorrow, although were walk the rest in the dark if were within 10km by 5pm. Got some bread in the bar and I still have cheese and chorizo from the beginning of the trip so gonna make a big boccadillo for lunch 😁

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Maybe so, NP, but you ARE on this "camino" forum!☺
Only because I want to help pilgrims and keep it real. I think I originally signed up when I saw a post by someone discouraging campers by stating laws etc. I can't stand it when people without the experience make claims that affects a potential pilgrims choices and adventures.
Thank you for staying with me on my journey, that's why I like this forum, its so much more personal than the social Mafia

All of you commenting on NP's thread echo my own thoughts and sentiments! This has become its own little community. Maybe NP can keep us informed even after he gets to the new house. I'd love to hear about his sheparding experiences once he gets his training!
Took the words right from my mouth, I'll be doing a lot of exploring of my new local area and I'll be more than happy to continue the thread with our adventures. I'm also going to offer a couple of rooms for special pilgrims if my friend agrees and home cooked dinner for everyone to eat togther. Plus the opportunity for pilgrims to camp under the stars during the summer. Eating round a camp fire etc. Not the place however for the pilgrim that just wants to treat it like an albergue.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It's amazing how you manage to answer all and everybody :)
You seems to be very disciplined and honest around that .... and the animals of course ... order seems to reign in your kingdom :)
VERY happy to hear you'll continue talking with us - and imo you'll have much more attention & communication on the net - hence reach many more people, than if just writing a book.
Writing a book these days, seems something everybody judge themselves capable of doing - and so they do.
BUT - exactly because of that, few will buy it - and the income is almost non-existing.
Not to discourage you, but so long you find the time and interest in telling & conversing on the net, we all (including yourself :)) will have much more to gain..... and I think you like being in contact :)
You said in a comment that you're autistic ...... having seen your language skills it seems very hard to believe.
Can I ask: how many languages do you speak ??
and, you're originally from an English speaking country, aren't you ??
We sure are very privileged to have you here encouragement.png
Have an interesting day - you're on the right track (as always :))
Best from anivid

Last edited:
I have been reading every post with interest. I am not that gone on animals. However I have no problem at all with those of ye who love them and have time and patience and energy to care for them and include them in your daily lives. The only pet we had when I was growing up was a budgie. It didn’t last long. We passed it on to my mother’s sister and her children. Nomad pack, you are on a winner! It has been good to follow you on your way, and I hope life works out for you and the pilgrims who will seek you out:- you, your wife and your animals. Carpe diem. Look it up. And thanks for all your posts.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Nomad, I am captivated by your experiences and I am so glad that I opened up this thread. I am impressed with your journey and your experiences as I safely sit here in my warm office, wondering about other possibilities in life. Thank you so much for posting and for including the pictures. I send you and your lovely crew safe travels and ample food. From the posts that I have read, it looks like many of us are living our lives through yours right now.

Bar....bar.....bar...bar... Cross the Rio Cabra and within half a kilometer I remember why I loved living in Asturias so much. Siderias 😂.

I MADE IT!!!!

Just about an hour ago we finally reached the house, in fact we almost walked past it. I've never seen it before so it was only my memory of google earth that made me realise it wasn't someone else's house.

Today we left the albergue of Serdio at 9am after hiding there for two nights... Bit pointless in the end after the day the nomad pack has had.
I've never been blown over before but it happened today. Dunno what god was up to, but he must have thought it would be funny to make my last day the hardest. I've struggled to walk in a straight line throughout the second half of the day, the wind just kept wacking us hard and then came the rain. And hailstone's that ###king hurt big time when you get hit in the face. Vannii was walking along with her eyes closed, Baissier was doing her best to stay underneath Vannii, Puppy also walked along with his eyes closed or his head sideways, Nomad didn't seem to care and spent his day trying to open puppy's backpack to get the dog cookies. Buddha was as usual the only one warm and dry under the plastic and seemed unaware of the struggles the rest of us walkers were going through.
Well, yeah it was windy and rainy but still nothing I can consider a challenge. That will come in a couple of weeks when we go to play in the snow high up in the Pico's.
I'm a little drunk as I write this, my friend had obviously forgotten to drink up all the cider stored here, well he'd drunk all but one bottle and as I can't get the water working right now the cider took it's place. And its having the intended affects. We got the fire going so doggies are dry now, or at least warm. The donkeys have a garden of long grass and a roof next to the house to hide under from the weather which is awesome as at my other house I had to bring them inside.
I've just eaten a big boccadillio with cheese, chorizo, tuna and more cheese and the rest of the Spanish omelette I was given a few days ago. And now finishing the bottle of cider.
Listening to medieval music on the radio and I think that I will sleep most of the day tomorrow.
Puppy has just removed baissier from her place next to the fire by doing his typical manoeuvre of just sitting on her. I do love how the mastine's behaviour is so much more dominant like a wolf, but I'm the boss and baissier has been with me through everything before the rest of the pack came along so I gave the spot back to her.
I'll reply to the messages here then probably pass out. Buddha is very happy, He got his gravy cat pate for dinner which he loves so much, I've been saving it for him as it always gives him squirty poo and I didn't want him doing it on the donkey. He knew it was there the whole travel and has continually tried to get at it, but only have I given him cookies or real meat I'm eating. Ahhh I love the cider, actually has taste unlike the barely tolerable beer I put up with, and I won't even mention how horrible wine tastes.

Asturias thank you for welcoming me back!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Nomad, I am captivated by your experiences and I am so glad that I opened up this thread. I am impressed with your journey and your experiences as I safely sit here in my warm office, wondering about other possibilities in life. Thank you so much for posting and for including the pictures. I send you and your lovely crew safe travels and ample food. From the posts that I have read, it looks like many of us are living our lives through yours right now.

Vancouver island? Is that where your from? I was only 13 but I remember the big food market and the seagulls dive bombing everyone walking out the doors. One landed on my head and stole my tartare sauce. Dunno why he didn't take the fish or chips. Must have had that from someone else. I watched memorized as half the people walking out the doors lost their food to the seagulls. I also done the typical tourist whale watching and was lucky enough to see Free Willy's brothers plus loads of minky wales. I traveled through Alberta and BC. Most beautiful, the Rockies just take the breath away and I'm sorry Pico's de Europa but your nothing compared to scenery Canada offers.
Thank you for following my journey, I'm glad I've made others happy.
Much love for Canada

Yes, I love Canada, too. Banff and Jasper national parks rival anywhere else on earth as far as "I" can tell. Quebec and Nova Scotia are nice...but oh, those Rockies!
I remember Banff very well, looking at that big mountain from the end of the street was an eye opener. Jasper we stayed at as well, can't remember it too well but I remember stopping at the town where Rambo was filmed.
Lake Louise aswell, I saw my first wild wolf there. And white water rafting with my father in BC. Oh Canada...

It's amazing how you manage to answer all and everybody :)
You seems to be very disciplined and honest around that .... and the animals of course ... order seems to reign in your kingdom :)
VERY happy to hear you'll continue talking with us - and imo you'll have much more attention & communication on the net - hence reach many more people, than if just writing a book.
Writing a book these days, seems something everybody judge themselves capable of doing - and so they do.
BUT - exactly because of that, few will buy it - and the income is almost non-existing.
Not to discourage you, but so long you find the time and interest in telling & conversing on the net, we all (including yourself :)) will have much more to gain..... and I think you like being in contact :)
You said in a comment that you're autistic ...... having seen your language skills it seems very hard to believe.
Can I ask: how many languages do you speak ??
and, you're originally from an English speaking country, aren't you ??
We sure are very privileged to have you here View attachment 51515
Have an interesting day - you're on the right track (as always :))
Best from anivid

I'm from THE English speaking country, not that I consider my English anymore, my passport expired 2 years ago and I've no interest in renewing it.
Specifically I was diagnosed with aspergers syndrome when I was 6, got the whole deal, from being sent to a special boarding school, to being trialled like a guinea pig on an assortment of so called medications. They didn't have a clue back in the 90's.
Writing is much different than having to talk with someone face to face, I can take time to decide what I should say rather than having 2 seconds to reply. Plus there's no body language to confuse me. That's why the pack are much more than just my family, I understand animals much more than people.
I speak Spanish pretty well and can hold a conversation, although I'm in no way fluent even with my partner being from Valencia and trying to teach me, I struggle so much with the pronunciation and some of the sounds I just can't seem to make.
I can speak some Egyptian Arabic from my two years in Cairo but again the pronunciation was very hard, I couldn't make the rolling R sound which is a big thing in Arabic. But really my only main language is English.
I don't really care if I made any money writing a book, just that people read it.
I've spent 10 lifetimes studying what is relevant to me and whatever I write about would be important to everyone if only they can pass out of the crap the mainstream media would have them believe.
The world is changing quicker than most people can accept and soon everyone is going to receive a big wake up call.
I've never thought of myself as an orderly person before, usually I just make a decision and a stick with it regardless of the outcome.
The pack knows whats expected when we travel and adapt to the routine quicker than I do, they are my guides really, I may make the decision which direction we go, but they decide most everything else and as their "leader" I must base my choices on their needs and wants.
As for answering everybody, its my pleasure, I've been on the forum a while now just offering advice, I never thought anyone would be that interested in how I live and travel, so thank you.

I love your offer to future pilgrims. You embody the spirit of giving. Lovely to hear in these days of selfishness and mistrust.

In my experience the people with the least give the most, I have nothing, so appreciate so much more the little things. If only I could describe how amazing it is to now have a real house to live in, electricity and hot water on demand is a luxury for me I've not had in years.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
In my experience the people with the least give the most, I have nothing, so appreciate so much more the little things. If only I could describe how amazing it is to now have a real house to live in, electricity and hot water on demand is a luxury for me I've not had in years.
That's EXACTLY what my nephew said when he was travelling and working in South America
He always felt so humbled by the kindness and hospitality of the poorest people and their willingness and indeed insistence on sharing whatever meagre fares they had
Glad you have reached journey's end ...for the moment anyway!
All the best
Annette

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Congrats on finishing your Camino to Picos!!!
And to your four legged pack too.

Reading about all that rain and hail and wind I can only say that although I've been through a lot of winter mountaineering/climbing when young(er) I became just another spoiled brat when getting older ;)

Enjoy the amenities of "normal" life! And I hope your lady will soon join you ;)

Thank you so much for your posts.
I have really enjoyed them.
My husband always joked that he wanted a donkey on our Caminos. I’m not so sure now. Although we have been with animals all our working and home lives, I don’t think I want that responsibility while walking.
Thanks again

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Bar....bar.....bar...bar... Cross the Rio Cabra and within half a kilometer I remember why I loved living in Asturias so much. Siderias 😂.

I MADE IT!!!!

Just about an hour ago we finally reached the house, in fact we almost walked past it. I've never seen it before so it was only my memory of google earth that made me realise it wasn't someone else's house.

Today we left the albergue of Serdio at 9am after hiding there for two nights... Bit pointless in the end after the day the nomad pack has had.
I've never been blown over before but it happened today. Dunno what god was up to, but he must have thought it would be funny to make my last day the hardest. I've struggled to walk in a straight line throughout the second half of the day, the wind just kept wacking us hard and then came the rain. And hailstone's that ###king hurt big time when you get hit in the face. Vannii was walking along with her eyes closed, Baissier was doing her best to stay underneath Vannii, Puppy also walked along with his eyes closed or his head sideways, Nomad didn't seem to care and spent his day trying to open puppy's backpack to get the dog cookies. Buddha was as usual the only one warm and dry under the plastic and seemed unaware of the struggles the rest of us walkers were going through.
Well, yeah it was windy and rainy but still nothing I can consider a challenge. That will come in a couple of weeks when we go to play in the snow high up in the Pico's.
I'm a little drunk as I write this, my friend had obviously forgotten to drink up all the cider stored here, well he'd drunk all but one bottle and as I can't get the water working right now the cider took it's place. And its having the intended affects. We got the fire going so doggies are dry now, or at least warm. The donkeys have a garden of long grass and a roof next to the house to hide under from the weather which is awesome as at my other house I had to bring them inside.
I've just eaten a big boccadillio with cheese, chorizo, tuna and more cheese and the rest of the Spanish omelette I was given a few days ago. And now finishing the bottle of cider.
Listening to medieval music on the radio and I think that I will sleep most of the day tomorrow.
Puppy has just removed baissier from her place next to the fire by doing his typical manoeuvre of just sitting on her. I do love how the mastine's behaviour is so much more dominant like a wolf, but I'm the boss and baissier has been with me through everything before the rest of the pack came along so I gave the spot back to her.
I'll reply to the messages here then probably pass out. Buddha is very happy, He got his gravy cat pate for dinner which he loves so much, I've been saving it for him as it always gives him squirty poo and I didn't want him doing it on the donkey. He knew it was there the whole travel and has continually tried to get at it, but only have I given him cookies or real meat I'm eating. Ahhh I love the cider, actually has taste unlike the barely tolerable beer I put up with, and I won't even mention how horrible wine tastes.

Asturias thank you for welcoming me back!
I’m delighted you all got there, I’ve been thinking of you this past couple of days and was hoping the weather was being kind to you as i was here weltering in Australian heat. We need to find a way to share the weather!
I’ve loved your stories NP and wish you and the pack the very best in this new adventure.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you so much for your posts.
I have really enjoyed them.
My husband always joked that he wanted a donkey on our Caminos. I’m not so sure now. Although we have been with animals all our working and home lives, I don’t think I want that responsibility while walking.
Thanks again
The donkeys are very little responsibility, its the dogs and Buddha that need the most looking after, thank you for following our journey.

Thank you, its nice to know other people are thinking of me during the wet nights. I'll certainly write up the whole trip and post it once I get to the house. The only reason I'm taking the photos is for everyone here to see a different way. Im having to use the tablet camera as the go pro has no memory and I forgot to get a new card. Plus transferring etc just to post uses so much battery. But I promise loads of photos and videos of us all in the Pico's this spring
laineylainey,
Again...you're spot on
We're the nosiness people in the world
My daughters go mad at me.....
Questions, questions ...stop asking people so many questions

However I do think also that's it's because we are actually interested in other people and where they come from etc etc
Then again....it might be just plain nosiness!!!

We went for a long walk today and every time I thought about this thread ...the storytelling and the animals, my face just lit up with a big smile ....

I've actually forwarded it to some family and friends ....
It's just too good to keep to ourselves!!!
Annette your posts are inspiring me more and more to seriously try writing a book. I'm so glad my journey is creating happiness for others, its motivating me a lot through all this rain and makes the hardships worth it. Thank you
That would be great Nomad Pack,
And the posts from others are saying the same thing
It's said that there's a book in everyone!!

Yes, do write your book. such an imressive and entertaining story you tell! And so many delightful photos! It is a pleasure following you on your pilgrimage!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I made a mess of my post, sorry. Cannot handle multiple quotes and tried to delete them. How can I delete that post? So my last remark stands (which looks like just another quote):

Do write your book! Such an impressive and entertaining story you tell! And so many delightful photos! It is a pleasure following you on your pilgrimage!

Nomad Pack, You may be an introvert, but one would never know with all the sharing you do on this thread. Many thanks for opening our eyes a little more to both the hardships and the simple little joys you experience as a minimalist in the truest sense!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Vancouver island? Is that where your from? I was only 13 but I remember the big food market and the seagulls dive bombing everyone walking out the doors. One landed on my head and stole my tartare sauce. Dunno why he didn't take the fish or chips. Must have had that from someone else. I watched memorized as half the people walking out the doors lost their food to the seagulls. I also done the typical tourist whale watching and was lucky enough to see Free Willy's brothers plus loads of minky wales. I traveled through Alberta and BC. Most beautiful, the Rockies just take the breath away and I'm sorry Pico's de Europa but your nothing compared to scenery Canada offers.
Thank you for following my journey, I'm glad I've made others happy.
Much love for Canada
Hi Nomad, If you were in the southern end of the Island, I wonder if you were eating down at Fisherman's Wharf and had some of Barb's famous "Barb's Fish'n Chips!! It is seagull heaven! I'll raise a bowl of tartare sauce in memory of the one that was stolen from you!

@AndreaCT, I see you will be on the Portuguese in May. I start out of Porto on May 2nd. When do you go?
Hi Chris (we're hijacking your thread for a sec Nomad). I am starting north of Lisbon on May 2nd. I'm going to PM you. I don't have a set itinerary, other than getting to Muxia this time. Maybe we'll run into each other!

Yes, Nomad you, for me, you have breathed some fresh air into the forum with your journey and simple way of sharing the true meaning of companionship and travel with your posts and photos. It has never felt as though you were trying to impress us with any tale of bad weather or misfortune. The contrary, you were always grateful, it seemed to me, for whatever shelter after a day walking In heaving rain, whatever food you either had brought or were given/bought, and your care and love of your animals. And your humour always shone through. It was a true pleasure to read your posts, thank you. For me, you rank up there with the best when it comes to true camino experience sharing, on a platform that sometimes seems ( again it only my experience, so no offence meant) a wee bit too "all about me".
I look forward perhaps to reading about a future journey you take.
God bless.

Yes, Nomad you, for me, you have breathed some fresh air into the forum with your journey and simple way of sharing the true meaning of companionship and travel with your posts and photos. It has never felt as though you were trying to impress us with any tale of bad weather or misfortune. The contrary, you were always grateful, it seemed to me, for whatever shelter after a day walking In heaving rain, whatever food you either had brought or were given/bought, and your care and love of your animals. And your humour always shone through. It was a true pleasure to read your posts, thank you. For me, you rank up there with the best when it comes to true camino experience sharing, on a platform that sometimes seems ( again it only my experience, so no offence meant) a wee bit too "all about me".
God bless.
Laineylainey
Very very well said and so true
Am sure we all agree with you
All the best
Annette

Hi Nomad, If you were in the southern end of the Island, I wonder if you were eating down at Fisherman's Wharf and had some of Barb's famous "Barb's Fish'n Chips!! It is seagull heaven! I'll raise a bowl of tartare sauce in memory of the one that was stolen from you!
That sounds right, I was only 13 so just got the picture memories of all these seagulls sat on the roof above the sliding doors swooping down on anyone who came out. It was so funny.... And good for the fishmongers I bet with so many repeat customers.

God bless.
Thank you so much for all your kind words, it makes me feel very good to know I've had a positive effect on others. To me this journey was a normal way of traveling and not really about the animals, so I've not really thought about how others might see it. If anything I just wanted to show people that the Camino isn't just about walking from one albergue to the next which IMO is how many people seem to take it, always worrying about getting their bed secured rather than just thinking of the walk. So many times I hear the conversations of pilgrims centered on where they're gonna sleep. If I was in charge I'd only have one albergue every 100km, then we would see who remains faithful to the pilgrimage. Its supposed to be hard but too many want it easy.

Full grown, will Nomad be taller than his mum? He looks pretty big already?
That's the big question, I hope so because then I can ride him. His dad was around Vannii's size, maybe a little smaller. I expect he will be a bit taller and being macho he will certainly be stronger. He's growing quickly, he's still drinking milk which can only be a bonus, I didn't realise vannii would keep producing so long but she still has plenty everyday which nomad sucks up 5-6 times daily.

Thank you so much for all your kind words, it makes me feel very good to know I've had a positive effect on others. To me this journey was a normal way of traveling and not really about the animals, so I've not really thought about how others might see it. If anything I just wanted to show people that the Camino isn't just about walking from one albergue to the next which IMO is how many people seem to take it, always worrying about getting their bed secured rather than just thinking of the walk. So many times I hear the conversations of pilgrims centered on where they're gonna sleep. If I was in charge I'd only have one albergue every 100km, then we would see who remains faithful to the pilgrimage. Its supposed to be hard but too many want it easy.
Yes, but perhaps also each person who walks a Camino or any path needs to do it their way, no matter how easy or hard? Although your path sounds to me a true pilgrim path and you have inspired me with your story, I am one of those who looks for a bit of certainity and safety on my own journey whilst admiring those who don't.
Isn't it wonderful that having different beliefs doesn't always stop us connecting with each other!

Yes, but perhaps also each person who walks a Camino or any path needs to do it their way, no matter how easy or hard? Although your path sounds to me a true pilgrim path and you have inspired me with your story, I am one of those who looks for a bit of certainity and safety on my own journey whilst admiring those who don't.
Isn't it wonderful that having different beliefs doesn't always stop us connecting with each other!

I understand what you mean and I respect peoples choices.... I just don't always agree.... And I'm certainly no true Pilgrim, didn't even bother going into Santiago, even though I've seen it from the distance several times.

I understand what you mean and I respect peoples choices.... I just don't always agree.... And I'm certainly no true Pilgrim, didn't even bother going into Santiago, even though I've seen it from the distance several times.
I finished in Santiago once and realised it was not the point at all for me, so since then it's never been my final destination.

God bless.
Beautifully said laineylainey, I too look forward to future updates.
Here I am with tears in my eyes, theres been a lot of love shared in this thread.
Thanks again Nomad and pack.

Hola, Nomade Pack leader .... of what I know about breastfeeding, not much I admit, but nevertheless there is some old knowledge :)
As long as the foul (or whatever you call a donkey kid) is sucking, the milk will normally be running - so simple as that 🆒 .
Is he coping well, the foul ?? - it's his first promenade, right ??
I'm impressed the donkeys don't protest to being left out it the (sometimes rude) weather in their leisure times.
It seems Asperger's doesn't exist anylonger - since 2013 it has been included in the notion of Autism - lol, but you knew that didn't you?
I fully understand you're preferring to write instead of talky-talky.
When writing one can THINK before & while communicating - with blablabla it's all noise, often unnecessary/unimportant noise - lolol
My grandfather walked through all Europe, as they did at that time when having finished their education as craftsmen - he had become a shoemaker (not only repair :)) - and went off all over Europe offering his services/looking for jobs.
That's actually your plan isn't it ?? - when having your herdsman education, you'll also go where fancy takes you, right ?? - maybe limited to Spain.
Which brings me to your passport - excuse me for meddling :) - but during recent years it has been a duty in EUR to have a passport - well you may be from Brexitland, and there I don't know.
If it doesn't include Spain today, it might ... sooner or later :)
A nice evening to all of you, .... we can learn a lot from the cat as for having a good time :)
The Germans have a saying: 'Mut verloren - Alles verloren' .... which is something like 'if loosing heart, you loose everything'.
In other words keep up the good mood, and it'll bring you through :)😌
Best from anivid

Last edited:
Hola, Nomade Pack leader .... of what I know about breastfeeding, not much I admit, but nevertheless there is some old knowledge :)
As long as the foul (or whatever you call a donkey kid) is sucking, the milk will normally be running - so simple as that 🆒 .
Is he coping well, the foul ?? - it's his first promenade, right ??
I'm impressed the donkeys don't protest to being left out it the (sometimes rude) weather in their leisure times.
It seems Asperger's doesn't exist anylonger - since 2013 it has been included in the notion of Autism - lol, but you knew that didn't you?
I fully understand you're preferring to write instead of talky-talky.
When writing one can THINK before & while communicating - with blablabla it's all noise, often unnecessary/unimportant noise - lolol
My grandfather walked through all Europe, as they did at that time when having finished their education as craftsmen - he had become a shoemaker (not only repair :)) - and went off all over Europe offering his services/looking for jobs.
That's actually your plan isn't it ?? - when having your herdsman education, you'll also go where fancy takes you, right ?? - maybe limited to Spain.
Which brings me to your passport - excuse me for meddling :) - but during recent years it has been a duty in EUR to have a passport - well you may be from Brexitland, and there I don't know.
If it doesn't include Spain today, it might ... sooner or later :)
A nice evening to all of you, .... we can learn a lot from the cat as for having a good time :)
The Germans have a saying: 'Mut verloren - Alles verloren' .... which is something like 'if loosing heart, you loose everything'.
In other words keep up the good mood, and it'll bring you through :)😌
Best from anivid
OK where to start.... First Nomad... I've taken him on a couple of excursions last autumn around the local mountains for a few days to get him introduced to the traveling pack, he very much enjoyed it and loved exploring and trying new things to eat. Its very natural for donkeys to walk long distances in search of food so I was never worried and Vannii is the best teacher he could have. I guess Vannii will stop producing milk eventually right? She's very healthy and has been getting her oats throughout the pregnancy and beyond to help keep her from loosing weight. The bad weather doesn't bother the donkeys much, they hide under a tree if it rains heavy but otherwise just continue eating and now they have a roof for cover. We went yesterday to get the dog cookies and nomad got to say hello to some smaller donkeys.
I assure you aspergers does exist, the so called "experts" simply consider it a part of the autistic spectrum, which it is, but there are so many variations to individuals abilities that they still have much to learn and discover. I won't go too much into the discussion over passports, my life is very different than most and if you understand the contracts behind having a passport and the allegiances it binds one to then maybe you will understand why I no l longer have one. Duty to a nation is simply a form of slavery, if you believe otherwise then I'm afraid to say you have much to learn. Suffice to say, I am a free person and whilst governments continue to behave the way they do, I will have no part of it.
A German friend is a Carpenter and also spent several years traveling with his trade after his training, for me I hope to remain in the Pico's, they really need a new generation of pastors here as there are now only 8 left when 50 years ago there was more than 1000. Not to mention all the cheese I'm gonna get to learn how to make, which is another part of the work.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'm surprised the tears didn't evaporate with what I hear Australia is going through right now...
Haha, they did NG. So glad you didn’t lose your great sense of humour in that mad weather you and pack had to endure.
I’m a mad wuss...it’s air con and heating for me, I grew up with no electricity or running water and I remember loving the funny ice patterns on the inside of our bedroom windows, might not be so funny now at my age!

Hola NP;
Drinking his mother's milk when growing will make him stronger and more resistent.
Eventually he'll stop doing that - or Vannii will tell him to :)
Lots of snow in the Pyrenees - how's weather down there ??
I bet you, with your healthy lifestyle, never get a cold or flue right ??
Best from anivid

€83,-
Hola NP;
Drinking his mother's milk when growing will make him stronger and more resistent.
Eventually he'll stop doing that - or Vannii will tell him to :)
Lots of snow in the Pyrenees - how's weather down there ??
I bet you, with your healthy lifestyle, never get a cold or flue right ??
Best from anivid
I'm looking at the snow in the mountains through the window but down here its just hailstones and wet. Big storm last night, donkeys escaped but I'll get into that soon. Only time I get a cold is when my partner gives one to me from travelling on the train. I know I'll get it from her but its difficult to resist lol.
I looked into what you said about aspergers and the change they made in description's. Didn't know that, not sure I agree with it either, its very confusing as the spectrum is so broad that putting me next to an autistic like rain man is like comparing me to the donkey's. But thanks for the info.

OK dedicated nomad pack friend's, today's been its own adventure which I'll get to shortly, but first I need a favour. I made an Instagram account as so many people keep asking me for photo's but I hate Facebook.
Can someone please explain simply how I give people the www. address so people can go straight to my page and see all my photos. I've tried to figure it out but this social media stuff is very confusing to me. Thank you

OK dedicated nomad pack friend's, today's been its own adventure which I'll get to shortly, but first I need a favour. I made an Instagram account as so many people keep asking me for photo's but I hate Facebook.
Can someone please explain simply how I give people the www. address so people can go straight to my page and see all my photos. I've tried to figure it out but this social media stuff is very confusing to me. Thank you
I mucked around on instagram with different combinations of your name and up came the pictures under thenomadpack. I’m not sure if that helps.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm looking at the snow in the mountains through the window but down here its just hailstones and wet. Big storm last night, donkeys escaped but I'll get into that soon. Only time I get a cold is when my partner gives one to me from travelling on the train. I know I'll get it from her but its difficult to resist lol.
I looked into what you said about aspergers and the change they made in description's. Didn't know that, not sure I agree with it either, its very confusing as the spectrum is so broad that putting me next to an autistic like rain man is like comparing me to the donkey's. But thanks for the info.
As you’ve said earlier : ‘autistics are all different’ - meaning they are not alike even they all are tagged with the same label.
When being capable of living life as you want it (freely) I don’t think your asperger’s/autisme will show very much – it’s when being fenced in with the rest of us for conformity’s sake, it might show :)
A lot of psychological labels are invented today – from time to time they need to shake the ‘bag of tricks’, re-ordering them :)
Imo the most important is to know oneself, and how to get the best out of life on this planet.
I don’t think you’ll have much trouble getting across to others – just show your human character :)
Best from anivid

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The night before last we had an incredible storm, thunder and lightening, hailstones and heavy rain. I had put the donkeys under the roof but by the morning they were no longer there, Vannii isn't too bothered by bad weather when she wants to eat and of course nomad will follow her anywhere. I wasn't really concerned for their safety as Vannii is too smart to get into trouble. However I had to find them quickly as she doesn't know the area and will just keep wondering around for food. It was still dark and at half 6am I went out with the torch and baissier looking for the eye shine. Many eyes kept staring at me but all were cows or cats. I spent 5 hours walking around all the little paths to no avail. I hadn't slept very well as getting used to a comfy bed takes time and so eventually I had no energy left and decided to ask the neighbours for help. They were very nice and gave me their bike to speed things up. They went off in one direction and me in the other. Finally after another half hour of riding around and getting soaked with mud I caught a glimpse of two black figures grazing in a field which I still don't know how they got in. Nomad started eawing as soon as he saw me and once I got them out of the field I cycled behind them whilst they trotted back to the house. During the chaos Buddha had taken the opportunity to sneak out to go in search of a girlfriend and I could hear him somewhere meowing like a crazy cat. The neighbours invited me to lunch and the mother of the family kept plying me with more and more food which I was more than happy to eat.
Today I've been gathering wood from the forest to keep the supplies topped up as I'm enjoying the fire in the evening and started rebuilding the gate which was on its last legs. I took the donkeys to the supermarket the other day and parked her outside much to the amusement of everybody. Tomorrow who knows. I caught Buddha earlier whilst he was trying to eat another tom cat, he really is a lion and doesn't back down, all the other cats try to escape him but he just keeps at it so I've shoved him inside again and now he's fast asleep on the bed. Puppy is enjoying sitting in the garden all day and barking at anyone passing by, they all tell me how big he is which I tend to forgot being with him all the time. The donkeys have been enjoying chestnuts today in a patch near the house and until I get some more fence posts vannii will be on the rope at night to avoid another night time adventure. Baissier is happy following me around and helping me collect the wood. I've made a big healthy salad for dinner with avocado's, cheese, eggs and peanut's. The sun has just dropped behind the mountains and the cold hits very quickly so now I'm off to the fireside for the evening.
Buesnas noches

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I love reading about your life
I'm very grateful, I know I'm now sort of using this as a blog rather than keeping it Camino related but it is really helping me, especially as I'm slipping in and out of depression on a daily basis since I've got here. Mainly in the evening after dark. Something that didn't happen once whilst I was walking. Its because quite honestly I feel very isolated and lonely even though I can't figure out the reason for it. I won't see my partner until June and then maybe longer. Or maybe not at all. She tells me I'm being too open and honest on here but that's because the positive feedback you guys have been giving me really is keeping me level. I may come across as supremely confident but its sort of a mask to hide how messed up I feel. Being autistic is very lonely, I feel like I'm an alien here on earth. So having some people who are interested in my life makes me feel a lot better. I'll probably question posting this later but I always have to be truthful even if I'm scared of what others may think. So again thank you, having some people following my journey means more to me than I can express.

What a scare - and adventure :)
Good it all ended in the best fashion: lots of food, human warmth - and hopefully a good nights sleep :) - and here I thought baissier was the tough one - then it's the tomcat - my-my :)
The new portable telephones can find things for you like keys, glasses etc., may be also donkeys - lolol
Even it might be simpler with a bell around her neck during nights :)
Enjoy your fireside

Ah and a few things I forgot to add.. So much has happened so quickly since I got here its hard to keep track. The neighbours cousin is a shepherd and after some phone calls on my behalf it looks like in April he's gonna take me with him to teach me some more things. Still not sure as I may just end up being given my own cows to look after for the summer and I need the money more than the extra schooling. But if I'm lucky I might be able to do both. And just to top that off, I met some more neighbours earlier walking their puppy German shepherd who was barking at Nomad whilst nomad just stood their looking very curious at this small version of baissier. They told me they were friends of the family of the house and after a short conversation he started telling me about a cabin he owns up in the mountain that is fully equipped. He no longer goes there as he's getting on a bit and the walk is too much for him. I can't believe his generosity but he told me he will give me the keys and I can use it whenever I want. All of this is so overwhelming for me I expect I probably won't be able to sleep again tonight. I don't know what I've done to deserve all this, I've prayed to the universe for so long to help me find an opportunity to make a better life but this is almost too much for me to mentally handle. Anyway, I'll keep you all updated as promised, we got some better weather this week and there is a cave up the mountain I've been staring out the window at, wondering if I may discover something new. It'll be a dangerous climb but nothing I've not done before, the donkeys will make it half way and then I'll leave them to graze whilst me and the dogs continue. Buddha will stay put, he's back into cat mode for a while now. Plus now I have infinite power I will delight you with hi res pics from the go pro. Good night folks

I'm very grateful, I know I'm now sort of using this as a blog rather than keeping it Camino related but it is really helping me, especially as I'm slipping in and out of depression on a daily basis since I've got here. Mainly in the evening after dark. Something that didn't happen once whilst I was walking. Its because quite honestly I feel very isolated and lonely even though I can't figure out the reason for it. I won't see my partner until June and then maybe longer. Or maybe not at all. She tells me I'm being too open and honest on here but that's because the positive feedback you guys have been giving me really is keeping me level. I may come across as supremely confident but its sort of a mask to hide how messed up I feel. Being autistic is very lonely, I feel like I'm an alien here on earth. So having some people who are interested in my life makes me feel a lot better. I'll probably question posting this later but I always have to be truthful even if I'm scared of what others may think. So again thank you, having some people following my journey means more to me than I can express.
Hi NP,
What a scare you must have had, but all is well now and it shows how much you love those animals who are so dependent on you

I am so sorry that you feel so down but seriously NP you have given so many on the form such joy and that "feel good feeing" with tales of your journey ...and those wonderful photos.
I even clicked on the Instigram page today to view some more......my first time on this bit of social media!!!!

Perhaps this feeling is akin to the "post holiday" feeling that so many experience ...it's also a type of anti climax ....completing the journey that you set out to do ....a bit like the young lad we met one day on the Camino.....he was walking so so slowly so I asked him if he was ok.......he said that he was fine but he was walking slowly because he didn't want to finish his Camino!!
That, I could understand!

Neither do the long dark evenings help .and so many people suffer from SAD during this time of darkness. ........soon however the days will get longer and the sun will shine...literally.....and you will be back on the road/Picos again.
You also seem to have nice neighbours
Am sure you will see your partner again ....this must be a new experience for her( your writing I mean) as well as yourself so things might take time re this.
I think a lot of people would be disappointed if you weren't on this forum
Beast wishes
Annette

Allow the universe to bless you!!!!!!!!

That would have been a worrying experience but it’s nice to know you have caring neighbors and you and the pack will likely become part of the community in no time.
My daughter has Asperger and suffers other health problems since she was a baby, even with lots of people around she still lives a lonely isolated life, it’s not easy to be different in this world. She’s devoted to her little dog, animals are so much more accepting than humans.
My heart goes out to you NG, if it’s any comfort I think of you with love many times a day. I hope you keep writing for whatever reasons, I and many others enjoy your stories.

Hi NP I have been reading every word and delighting in your pack’s every step. I will be on the norte beginning end of march so I hope very much to meet you and your pack. Keep writing your stories. You are not only an inspirations but your writing is a great creative outlet it also helps you keep connected . You speak of depression and I want you to know that you are never truly alone because you have a forum family...we are with you. I hope to see you and the pack this spring . If you see a girl with a metal brace on her leg and she is dancing up a hill that would be me 😃

Nomad pack, it is great that you know you are being heard. You are being very open and honest, and that seems to be helping you to keep on an even keel right now. I do not know if it is of any use for you to know that being human can be very lonely! And one more thing: a very kind person once said this to me, in the context of relationships: you do not have to say everything you think. It has saved me from myself on many occasions! He actually included that maybe it was a Scottish trait...but he was being funny. It will be good to hear how your new living situation unfolds. You certainly seem to have landed on a nice cushion for the present. Take care, and keep being kind to your animals, and to yourself.

Hi NP I have been reading every word and delighting in your pack’s every step. I will be on the norte beginning end of march so I hope very much to meet you and your pack. Keep writing your stories. You are not only an inspirations but your writing is a great creative outlet it also helps you keep connected . You speak of depression and I want you to know that you are never truly alone because you have a forum family...we are with you. I hope to see you and the pack this spring . If you see a girl with a metal brace on her leg and she is dancing up a hill that would be me 😃
Well forget about staying at the albergue in Llanes, for you are most welcome to stay here with me. I will have you a warm bed, a large feast and anything else you desire awaiting your arrival. PM me for my number and when your nearby I will come and find you with the donkeys.

That would have been a worrying experience but it’s nice to know you have caring neighbors and you and the pack will likely become part of the community in no time.
My daughter has Asperger and suffers other health problems since she was a baby, even with lots of people around she still lives a lonely isolated life, it’s not easy to be different in this world. She’s devoted to her little dog, animals are so much more accepting than humans.
My heart goes out to you NG, if it’s any comfort I think of you with love many times a day. I hope you keep writing for whatever reasons, I and many others enjoy your stories.
Thank you, that means a lot me, especially as you must have more understanding of what things can be like for me. I totally get the devotion your daughter has to the dog, they always sense the changes in mood and the hidden problems that even the so called experts can miss. If your daughter ever wants somebody to talk with who gets it all, I can give you my email.

I must say Vannii escaping wasn't a scare at all. She is really very clever and sensible and would never wander onto a busy road. It wasn't even a case of her "escaping" as the only thing she wants to do is eat and therefore goes from one patch of grass to another. It was my stupid fault for not securing the fence better. If anything I was just frustrated as after a bad nights sleep I hadn't the energy for all the walking. The only worry going through my head is that she would head up into the mountains and I wouldn't see her again until some shepherd spotted her. She would be perfectly safe and nomad would stick with her, the only threat would be from a wolf but as donkeys are used in some eastern countries to guard sheep the wolf would probably try and find something easier to eat. I've seen how she reacts towards strange dogs coming too close to nomad and if the dog wasn't quick enough she would have stomped it into the ground. Just imagine 300kg trying to kick, stamp and bite all at once and your get the idea.
Going to the market in llanes tomorrow morning so will be my first exploration of the town.
For any pilgrims wanting to know, its every Tuesday throughout the year and they pack up around 2pm I think. Not sure how big it will be as llanes is only a small fishing town but I'll report on that later.

NP, I loved staying in Llanes. A very pretty place. There is a really lovely, long park that is located on a flat cliff area along the ocean with park benches, right on the edge of town. Very pretty! Check it out!

€83,-
Well forget about staying at the albergue in Llanes, for you are most welcome to stay here with me. I will have you a warm bed, a large feast and anything else you desire awaiting your arrival. PM me for my number and when your nearby I will come and find you with the donkeys.
Oh thank you I will definately keep in touch. 😊 I will PM you before I leave for Spain . And you can let me know if you need any guilty pleasure from the US

Hi NP, I have enjoyed reading the story of your journey and seeing photos of your beautiful animals. I had to smile seeing Buddha the cat hitch a ride the whole way looking very regal atop his carriage. Please keep the stories coming as I’m wanting to read more. Judy.

€83,-
Hola, buenas dias, today I am going on a solo mission all the way back to the start of the packs journey. Vannii may be a super strong donkey but of course she can't carry everything and as I'm in need of some extra clothes plus a few entertainment options for the evening's I've boarded the train this morning back to my old house. Its very strange as I'm going past all the places I've walked and keep seeing places I camped or walked past. As most pilgrims know after the first week the days start blurring together and I can't remember exactly how long it was since I was in said place. Although I'm sure if I look through my posts I can find out. The neighbours have been very kind, took me to the station this morning and are looking after the donkeys and Buddha for me.
The doggies will be remaining in the house with lots of water as I cannot expect anyone to be responsible for Puppy as he is likely to eat them. Baissier would be fine with another person but the dogs stick together and it wouldn't be fair on Puppy to be left alone. Because the trains only go twice a day I won't get back until tomorrow evening but the dogs are tough and will just sleep through it whilst listening to classic FM.
Its a beautiful sunny day, just what I had wanted whilst walking but you can't have everything in life.
Yesterday I spent half the day in Llanes exploring with the neighbour, walked along the cliff tops and around the market. Not the most beautiful of towns in Asturias but certainly not the worst. The neighbour is an older lady like my partners mama and knows everybody, it was hard to walk more than 10 meters before she struck up a new conversation with another friend and from all these introductions I have become quickly famous in town for my adventures with the pack. I saw a couple of pilgrims wondering around with big rucksacks and nearly invited them to stay the night but as I'm not quite ready yet to host anyone I decided it would be best to wait.
Soon I will put up a sign and I think it would be fair to charge a small amount just to cover the food cost, maybe you guys can give me your opinions on that? I'm not looking to earn anything, I just want to offer "respectful" pilgrims a cool place to stay the night, a hot shower and a home cooked meal but I don't have much money so don't think I could afford the extra food all the time. Plus I want to be able to share my advice for anyone who needs it as I've got much experience and know the rest of the Camino's almost by heart.
Almost at Santander now, quick coffee and a half hour wait then on the next train back to my old village.
Have a good day everyone, chow

Good morning. Sounds like a nice outing and I am sure for a short time you miss the pack but you will see them soon. As to charging a small fee. I tend to agree with you. This will help to alleviate and offset the cost of providing food and shelter for the many pilgrims who will undoubtedly visit you. Maybe instead of a set fee, asking for a donation could Be a better option. Giving back to the camino is a wonderful though I think we would love to share in your knowledges and experiences and break bread with you and the camino will give back to you also. Wish you a safe journey and good travel back home to the pack.

Hi NP,
Your newest post sounds very upbeat and like you are getting out of the funk you were previously in. Good news to hear! If I were in Llanes I would definately look you up to stay at your place! I agree with Irie, a modest charge to cover costs is quite appropriate, and even a little more, too!

Good morning. Sounds like a nice outing and I am sure for a short time you miss the pack but you will see them soon. As to charging a small fee. I tend to agree with you. This will help to alleviate and offset the cost of providing food and shelter for the many pilgrims who will undoubtedly visit you. Maybe instead of a set fee, asking for a donation could Be a better option. Giving back to the camino is a wonderful though I think we would love to share in your knowledges and experiences and break bread with you and the camino will give back to you also. Wish you a safe journey and good travel back home to the pack.
Yeah a donation sounds like a good idea, I did think of asking them just to buy some food at the supermarket as its close by but I would be very angry if someone turned up with coca cola and products with palm oil in them. I'm not into killing Orangutan's for oil and would probably have puppy chase them away for buying such poison. This is why I would be quite picky as to only allowing what I consider "respectful" pilgrims. Its my home I'm inviting them to after all and anyone who doesn't respect nature wouldn't be welcome. Not wanting to be an asshole but I find many people don't seem to care what happens in the world....
Plus I'm trying to think of the best way for pilgrims to contact me as I'm not putting directions to the house for everyone just to turn up. Its not an albergue after all, just for the lucky few to have a special experience.
Another note for anyone using the trains between Bilbao and Santander, the conductors are idiots and don't know where the trains go. My old house was next to the train track so I know exactly the times they go past yet the conductor is insisting I am wrong and has just been very rude to me because I told him he doesn't know what he's on about. Typical in Spain. I got a completely different opinion in Santander which was also wrong and they tried telling me to change somewhere. Its a single track going to Bilbao and has to pass my village as there is no other way. This would never happen in England but hey, I'll just do what I think and smile when he passes again.
I'm not looking forward to being in Santander tomorrow, I hate cities so if anyone knows of a quiet green place nearby the station please give me some directions

Yeah a donation sounds like a good idea, I did think of asking them just to buy some food at the supermarket as its close by but I would be very angry if someone turned up with coca cola and products with palm oil in them. I'm not into killing Orangutan's for oil and would probably have puppy chase them away for buying such poison. This is why I would be quite picky as to only allowing what I consider "respectful" pilgrims. Its my home I'm inviting them to after all and anyone who doesn't respect nature wouldn't be welcome. Not wanting to be an asshole but I find many people don't seem to care what happens in the world....
Plus I'm trying to think of the best way for pilgrims to contact me as I'm not putting directions to the house for everyone just to turn up. Its not an albergue after all, just for the lucky few to have a special experience.
Another note for anyone using the trains between Bilbao and Santander, the conductors are idiots and don't know where the trains go. My old house was next to the train track so I know exactly the times they go past yet the conductor is insisting I am wrong and has just been very rude to me because I told him he doesn't know what he's on about. Typical in Spain. I got a completely different opinion in Santander which was also wrong and they tried telling me to change somewhere. Its a single track going to Bilbao and has to pass my village as there is no other way. This would never happen in England but hey, I'll just do what I think and smile when he passes again.
I'm not looking forward to being in Santander tomorrow, I hate cities so if anyone knows of a quiet green place nearby the station please give me some directions
Sounds like a good idea and hopefully the pilgrims will be respectful and understanding with your personal space. Hope you find some some green space in Santander

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea and hopefully the pilgrims will be respectful and understanding with your personal space. Hope you find some some green space in Santander
Ah well you and other pilgrims will get to stay in the main house with the bathroom and kitchen, I'm living in the smaller house on the other side of the courtyard with the dogs and only use the main one for the kitchen. So its no bother to me and its all very private, you will love the bedroom with the balcony and view of the mountains. I want people to have their privacy otherwise its no different than an albergue, I'll be cooking and then we can all eat together, but after that I have my pack to take care for the evening. Its an old house with a lot of character, the courtyard is enclosed on 3 sides so very private and in the garden you will find the donkeys during the evening. Buddha wanders around the village so depends on him if he's at the house but he's easy to find if you want to see him. Baissier will be around in the courtyard but Puppy remains closed or with me, he will tolerate someone's presence whilst I'm around but otherwise he will bark and show those big wolf teeth. Pilgrims can feel at home and be able to relax in peace. I'm still thinking about it, maybe pilgrims will prefer the albergue in llanes which is quite cool by the looks of the advertisements.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ah well you and other pilgrims will get to stay in the main house with the bathroom and kitchen, I'm living in the smaller house on the other side of the courtyard with the dogs and only use the main one for the kitchen. So its no bother to me and its all very private, you will love the bedroom with the balcony and view of the mountains. I want people to have their privacy otherwise its no different than an albergue, I'll be cooking and then we can all eat together, but after that I have my pack to take care for the evening. Its an old house with a lot of character, the courtyard is enclosed on 3 sides so very private and in the garden you will find the donkeys during the evening. Buddha wanders around the village so depends on him if he's at the house but he's easy to find if you want to see him. Baissier will be around in the courtyard but Puppy remains closed or with me, he will tolerate someone's presence whilst I'm around but otherwise he will bark and show those big wolf teeth. Pilgrims can feel at home and be able to relax in peace. I'm still thinking about it, maybe pilgrims will prefer the albergue in llanes which is quite cool by the looks of the advertisements.
You are so kind thank you in advance. Your house sounds full of charm and most important love. You are so generous and the idea of the communal meal and spending time with you, the pack and other pilgrims sounds amazing. I’m considering bringing my new zpack tent on the Norte because I have knee injuries and I am a slow walker anyway so it’s no bother to me either, although I may not turn down a nice bed and bathroom😉

I’m very easy going and I can help you prepare dinner or help you with whatever you need. I love animals and usually most animals love me hahah. Albergues are great but I am always humbled to spend time with locals andexperience their life. Life is learning and I am always eager to learn and experience from others. I look forward to meeting you. Now I’m getting more excited about my camino.😁 Wishing you a nice day. Mine is just getting started with a visit fromthe plumber installing a new water heater in the house.

Thanks again for your kindness
Karen

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.