• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The Not Serious thread, phase III, 2020

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Nothing gnu with me. Had a nice Christmas.
What’s Gnu with you CC?
Starting tomorrow everything will be gnu! I'll look in the mirror and see my first wrinkle...added to the one from last year, and the year before that...get my drift? 😂

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I don’t mean to be pedantic (oh, rats! That’s how you always start when you’re going to be seriously pedantic :rolleyes: ) but the year of the rat is not until January 25.

But who care – perhaps except from the 1.4 billion Chinese – bring on the rat jokes.

Wouldn't January 25th be celebrated as "Rat Day"? Rats love to display their pink feet...goodbye red socks!

True story...I looove peanut butter, but a news article said there are often unbeknownst pulverized rat droppings from the processing factories. I hope it was fake news. If not I may have to switch to the dreaded marmite or vegemite...ohhh nooo, never! 😲

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Best wishes for the new year. Turga isn’t all that fast...and I’m not that far ahead!
That's because you keep your head down and graze all along the way. (See picture above..it says it all.) 😂

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Happy New Year to one and all. I had to hunt for this thread, eventually going for nycwalking's lovely new avatar to find you all. Keep your banter rolling. Lang may yer lum reek. With carbon footprint awareness, I guess that is totally out of order nowadays...just look it up, could be a while before I check in

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Well, surprise, surprise, here I am back again. It means: may you always have coal for your hearth. An old custom on New Year’s Eve was for the men - yes, the men! To go out with their bottle of whisky and go round friends and neighbours. Each one would be welcomed in the door, say Lang may yer lum reek, hand over his piece of coal and a twist of salt ( to flavour the food that would hopefully be on the table throughout the year) and the men would offer a glass of whisky to each other, and so on. The meal on NEw Year’s Day was a sturdy steak pie, to settle the stomachs!
why am I back so soon? I cannot see this post on the forum. What has happened? I noticed it just after I posted the earlier one, and then decided to click watch, and that is how I found it just now. Am I missing something obvious? While I will not be a regular, I do like to check in occasionally on all you lovely fun but serious people.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Meanwhile...another English class..

That looks like Steve Martin, but he already speaks proper English...so it can't be him. 😂
Edit- I even listened to the whole thing cuz it came under my 3.5 minute rule.😃

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I hope it's not a general rule - that could take the fun out of many things... 😁
It's just my "general rule of thumb" on the forum, but I make exceptions when the content "trips my trigger"...I'm the boss of me! 😅

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I like the way this guy talks....

Great, Turga! I was almost able to watch the whole thing without my mind wandering before it finished.
That's why I like walking Caminos...I go wandering all day long...no pressure to stay focused. 😊

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Reminds me of an incident which, according to the French novelist Pierre Daninos, happened to an English gentleman travelling first class on a train in France in the 1930ties.

The conductor: Good afternoon monsieur, are you in possession of a valid ticket?

Passenger: Well, of course! Do you want to see it?

Conductor: Oh no, monsieur – not when you got one; but in case you didn’t have one, I’d absolutely need to see it!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I had a great laugh just now listening to the radio where the hosts were talking about sleep. They had a caller.

Caller: Do you know how much sleep the average person needs?
Host: How much?
Caller: Just five minutes more.
Five minutes?...I could always use an hour more than I usually get. 🕖

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
Well I'm glad you're back and hopefully you've turned a corner and are unodds with life.

Unodds!

Unaccidents!

Unbirthdays!

A trend?

I’d also been an unwatcher of this thread.

I neglected to hit watch button until the other day.

Ergo, I unassumed there was no activity here.

Last edited:

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Unodds!

Unaccidents!

Unbirthdays!

A trend?

I’d also been an unwatcher of this thread.

I neglected to hit watch button until the other day.

Ergo, I unassumed there was no activity here.
Love, love, love this! Let's unlove everything we abhor...whatever, whenever! 😅

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
That one took the pleasure out of my vino tinto allowance last night....

That one took the pleasure out of my cheese-and-jam sandwich this morning.... :p
So, Turga, what you are saying is that they were unpleasures? 😂😁😀

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
That one took the pleasure out of my cheese-and-jam sandwich this morning....
Your sandwich sounds like an unpleasure for sure. I've never heard of a cheese and jam sandwich😝...sounds awful. We on this side of the pond feed our kids peanut butter and jam sandwiches...never met a kid yet that didn't love 'em!

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Your sandwich sounds like an unpleasure for sure. I've never heard of a cheese and jam sandwich😝...sounds awful. We on this side of the pond feed our kids peanut butter and jam sandwiches...never met a kid yet that didn't love 'em!

Each to their own; that way both the peanut butter and the jam manufacturers can stay in business (but one day when you feel adventurous, try some mild cheese, e.g. a Danish Havarti, with a little strawberry or blackberry jam, or a smelly, running camembert with rhubarb or tomato jam – jummy! 🤪)

And talking about cheese…..

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Each to their own; that way both the peanut butter and the jam manufacturers can stay in business (but one day when you feel adventurous, try some mild cheese, e.g. a Danish Havarti, with a little strawberry or blackberry jam, or a smelly, running camembert with rhubarb or tomato jam – jummy! 🤪)

And talking about cheese…..

Turga, I broke my own rule and listened to the whole video clip...it became an unrule for myself.
I will try the mild cheese with jam! I have some munster in the fridge and it's quite mild. I also have a partial block of white cheddar with bits of cherries in it...not unlike what you are suggesting. I served it with apple slices for a New Year's appetizer...I love cheese with apple slices!
The worst cheese I have ever had was Limburger...it was the unbest ever! 😜

Camino(s) past & future
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
Chris, try Wensleydale cheese. It is available in the US. Plain or containing blueberries, cranberries, or apricots. It's almost containing its own jam.
I first had it in Giggleswick near where it is made (Hawes). I think it was the blueberry version. Crumbled and slightly melted on top of a ham steak.

Maybe avoid Stinking Bishop cheese:
You can read the page or click to listen while making a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Very interesting, Rick. I thought you lived near Boston, Mass., but apparently you hail from England.😂 Ive heard of Yorkshire pudding, but not Yorkshire cheese. Awww, Wallace & Grommit...so cute!
I've never seen any of these cheeses in my neck of the unwoods.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
Very interesting, Rick. I thought you lived near Boston, Mass., but apparently you hail from England.😂 Ive heard of Yorkshire pudding, but not Yorkshire cheese. Awww, Wallace & Grommit...so cute!
I've never seen any of these cheeses in my neck of the unwoods.

Rick’s unserious!

Giggleswick, no such a place.

He’s pulling your cheese!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Rick’s unserious!

Giggleswick, no such a place.

He’s pulling your cheese!
Thanks girlfriend, for setting me straight (uncrooked)! I have always been very trusting and gullible. As far as Rick is concerned I am now on my guard...untrusting and ungullible!😟
P.S. Is Gigglewick kinda like GiggleO...I mean Gigilo. 😛

Camino(s) past & future

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Get some rat cheese. We buy aged rat cheese. More expensive that way though because the milking machines are a specialty item. A plus is that this gives the old rats something to do.

Oh my gosh, am I ever giggling now! Rick, you have my apologies and I'm sure NYC is turning red from embarrassment...or not!
BTW, I am excited that you are bringing the conversation 'round to our newest untopic of the year...Rats!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
For those of you not familiar with Northern England, Giggleswick is five miles from Chuckleborough In the District of Much-Merriment-in the Marsh. A beautiful part of the world where the locals wear rictus grins and the rats are...large!

Last edited:

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
For those of you not familiar with Northern England, Giggleswick is five miles from Chuckleborough In the District of Much-Merriment-in the Marsh. A beautiful part of the world where the locals wear rictus grins and the rats are...large!

Yes, I remember passing through many years ago on my way to Scotland where, incidentally, I spend a night in in a small town called Crook of Devon arriving late at night o_O

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Yes, I remember passing through many years ago on my way to Scotland where, incidentally, I spend a night in in a small town called Crook of Devon arriving late at night o_O
"By hook or crook" you made it to Devon!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Get some rat cheese. We buy aged rat cheese. More expensive that way though because the milking machines are a specialty item. A plus is that this gives the old rats something to do.
View attachment 68305

Rick, that picture of rat cheese is kinda scary...I can't tell if it's for yoooman consumption or for rats! Better keep kids away. They'll either get very sick, or will not need the bathroom for a week.

Camino(s) past & future
Don't leave me to the wolves again

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
LMAO!

CC is Not Little Red Riding Hood!
Nope, Ican have no more adjectives to describe me. An imp and a cat encompasses most of what I am...well, I am a sap, too. Not sure many of you know what that actually means...not even sure if google knows.😊

Advertisement

Booking.com