• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

The Not Serious thread, phase IV, 2021

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendent that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.
2021 Camino Guides
Donation to the Forum
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Holy Year Credential
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Year of past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
You say "A bit late." A week before Christmas Peg ordered a gift for me from a place two towns away. I've been wondering what it is. Because it hasn't been delivered yet.
Maybe it will be like something I sent out for Christmas in early December. I forgot the postage...(ooops). It was returned to me a few days ago. It moved as fast as Turga...you will get your gift eventually and if not, it will be returned to Peg.😅

Turga

Camino tortuga
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
It moved as fast as Turga..

For once this tortoise was quick 😇 Anticipating carrier chaos worse than usual around Christmas due to corona and everyone ordering presents from online stores, I called a virtual ‘family council’ in early October to have all make up their wish lists no later than November 1. We all had our presents secured well before Christmas.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Holy Year Credential
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Masks
Camino Masks
Camino Way Markers

Camino Chrissy

Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
No , I only said he was Russian😉

Question Chris , did you got my pm from December 25th. just asking🙏
I only just now checked...don't know how I missed it! Hopefully you will be vaccinated and how nice you have the ability to drive your car as an option.

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
I only just now checked...don't know how I missed it! Hopefully you will be vaccinated and how nice you have the ability to drive your car as an option.
When everything is going as planned we will be vaccinated somewhere in March .

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
What happened to the "Humor in times of Covid" thread ?

2021 Camino Guides
Camino Maps

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
"Headless chickens"....what a delicious metaphor for the times we are living.

Camino Way Markers
Camino de Santiago pendent that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.

Camino Chrissy

Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Last edited:
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.
Create your own ad
Camino Way Markers

Rick of Rick and Peg

Veteran Member
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
I love banana bread...especially when it comes with nuts.😅
Me too. But please, no nuts. There are enough here.

There have been serious things happening in Washington, DC today but, on the Not Serious side, as the police are pushing back the crowd into the dark and the cameras are filming reinforcements coming up to the Capitol grounds with the lights on their car roofs lit up Peg asks me "Where are the pizza delivery guys?"

Bristle boy

There have been serious things happening in Washington, DC today but, on the Not Serious side, as the police are pushing back the crowd into the dark and the cameras are filming reinforcements coming up to the Capitol grounds with the lights on their car roofs lit up Peg asks me "Where are the pizza delivery guys?"
Papa John has a lot to answer for.

Create your own ad
Camino Masks
Camino Masks
Holy Year Credential

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).

Pizza?

Where’s the beef?

2021 Camino Guides
Create your own ad
Camino Maps
Donation to the Forum
Holy Year Credential
Camino Masks

Rick of Rick and Peg

Veteran Member
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
Early this morning I used different web forms to send separate but identical short messages to our congressman and senators. Each had a different list in a drop-down menu of broad category for concerns. I had to hunt for my concern and only came close to what I wanted. Later this morning Peg did the same. This time all three had a right on the mark category and it was made the default.

I take the credit.

Camino Way Markers
Create your own ad

David

Veteran Member
Moissac to Santiago Spring 2005 was the first foray.
In the UK we have been having different regional Tiers, the higher the Tier the harder the lockdown. Our current lockdown is national and is also known as Tier 5 (I think - can't keep up). But we have been told that perhaps by Easter Tiers will be regional again (I think - I can't keep up).

37596944-9112023-image-a-87_1609793396442.jpg

Bristle boy

In the UK we have been having different regional Tiers, the higher the Tier the harder the lockdown. Our current lockdown is national and is also known as Tier 5 (I think - can't keep up). But we have been told that perhaps by Easter Tiers will be regional again (I think - I can't keep up).

View attachment 90798
The answer to all of life's ills on this thread is Elephants and Red socks.
All the rest we leave to the very, very serious folks.

Camino Chrissy

Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Yes, David, welcome to the Not serious...stick around. The line here waiting to get in at Aldi's is avery short one.

Create your own ad

Camino Chrissy

Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Keep this quiet, a secret just between the two of us but....
I understand David has invented a square wheeled supermarket trolley to stop it running away. 😶
I love secrets!...but gotta say, how does he wheel it home?🤔

Create your own ad
Donation to the Forum

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
Donation to the Forum