• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

The not so serious thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Seriously, I hear restaurants/bars and other establishments cannot find helpers...people are making more money on unemployment and do not want to work...pathetic.

Sent to me by a friend...totally not true! 🤣

Nine Words Women Use
(1) Fine :
This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up. This means your facts may be right but you are still wrong.
(2) Five Minutes:
If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
(3) Nothing:
This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.
(4) Go Ahead:
This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!
(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)
(6) That's Okay:
This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
(7) Thanks:
A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome'.. That will bring on a 'whatever').
(8) Whatever:
Is a woman's way of saying...Go to Hell...
(9) Don't worry about it, I got it:
Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' (For the woman's response refer to # 3).

Nine Words Women Use
(1) Fine :
This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up. This means your facts may be right but you are still wrong.
(2) Five Minutes:
If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
(3) Nothing:
This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.
(4) Go Ahead:
(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)
(6) That's Okay:
This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
(7) Thanks:
A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome'.. That will bring on a 'whatever').
(8) Whatever:
Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' (For the woman's response refer to # 3).

Love it!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Nine Words Women Use
(1) Fine :
(2) Five Minutes:
(3) Nothing:
(4) Go Ahead:
(6) That's Okay:
(7) Thanks:
(8) Whatever:
Love it , but it works both ways.😎😉😅

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Meet our new baby sitters for our grand Child.
I hope those pitbulls don't see the baby as a chewy toy.

EDIT...Well it's been known to happen...I've seriously read several news reports over the years. I'd rather have a Chihuahua bite my leg than have my face ripped off by a PB...just sayin'.😬

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I hope those pitbulls don't see the baby as a chewy toy.

EDIT...Well it's been known to happen...I've seriously read several news reports over the years. I'd rather have a Chihuahua bite my leg than have my face ripped off by a PB...just sayin'.😬
I know , but how a dog react is all about how the owner works with the dog , any dog.
And for the record it's not our grand Child , sorry to say.😞

I know , but how a dog react is all about how the owner works with the dog , any dog.
And for the record it's not our grand Child , sorry to say.😞
I realize that training a dog goes a long way.
I've no grandkids either...we have discussed this before.😔

Here are a couple of very well trained dogs by @Nomad Pack. (Only 4 minutes long.)

102391[/ATTACH]
Ancient technology easily subverted by a free whistle from a Cap'n Crunch cereal box to make free long distance calls, even internationally, at at time when only parents could afford to make them. Later a more advanced (illegal) version was made and sold by Wozniac and Jobs, giving them the seed money they needed to start Apple Computers.

Short video proof at:

Details at:
https://telephone-museum.org/telephone-collections/capn-crunch-bosun-whistle/

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You only need to watch a minute and a half to find the answer and why it is the answer.

I was reminded of the popular book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus".😅

I love the gems of information you drop on us from time to time.
So do I, Barbara! I often wonder where Rick finds these nuggets of important information or nonsense to share with us.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I often wonder where Rick finds these nuggets of important information or nonsense to share with us.
It comes naturally to nerds. BTW,
I was reminded of the popular book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus".😅
Good thing the title didn't mention what is from Uranus. It wouldn't have been as popular.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Had the worse night ever but this view made it all better.❤
Let's see, possible body aches from the climb, sleeping nose to nose with a stranger that snores, half a dozen alarms going off at 5:00 followed by two dozen lights seeking you out, plastic bags being crunched and followed by 45 nice people whispering "Quiet". But, true, that's a nice view.

Let's see, possible body aches from the climb, sleeping nose to nose with a stranger that snores, half a dozen alarms going off at 5:00 followed by two dozen lights seeking you out, plastic bags being crunched and followed by 45 nice people whispering "Quiet". But, true, that's a nice view.
That albergue was #3 on my short list of negative ones I stayed at. I didn't even bother with a shower there as I heard from others..."don't bother". The views and quirky village were wonderful, however.😀
Screenshot_20210613-162611~2.png

Beautiful ❤climb , no problem with it.
There was a choir of snorers😖
Went outside at about 4:00.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I was absolutely fascinated by this toilet website, and all the pictures were like "eye candy"! 😅 I had to skim through some of the reading though because it went over my three minute limit...or is it four? Can't remember.🤔

Raspberry jam...with or without seeds? KISS, my newest definition learned yesterday for that word...this forum just keeps on giving and giving.😀

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I have just heard news that the original postman biting "Bad Dog" has drawn his last breath.
NYC is now dog-sitting her aunt's new Chihuahua, "Yapper Chew", tossing tranquilizing dog chews left and right to get this bad girl to be quiet.

Now we know why "The postman always rings twice"...it's just to be sure😬.
Screenshot_20210616-163828~2.png

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have just heard news that the original postman biting "Bad Dog" has drawn his last breath.
NYC is now dog-sitting her aunt's new Chihuahua, "Yapper Chew", tossing tranquilizing dog chews left and right to get this bad girl to be quiet.

Now we know why "The postman always rings twice"...it's just to be sure😬.
View attachment 102689
Awwww...I'm sorry to hear that bad dog has gone to the great kennel in the sky (even though the US Postal Service isn't).
I hope to hear of the adventures of the mellow "Yapper-Chew".
Once she comes off the doggy chew tranks she could yet go "gangbusters" and uphold the reputation of chiuhuahuas everywhere.

Last edited:
I hope to hear of the adventures of the mellow "Yapper-Chew".
Once she comes off the doggy chew tranks she could yet go "gangbusters" and uphold the reputation of chiuhuahuas everywhere.
Those doggie drugs (DD) sound like a godsend from what NYC has said. I've decided to take my life savings and invest it in "Cannine Cannabis" (CC)...I've heard through the grapevine that stock is going gangbusters.

In 2015 we walked the Francés. In 2016 our air miles were going to be devalued so we booked a trip to NZ first. We hoped to walk the Milford Track but bookings for the much cheaper independent walks hadn't opened up yet. Much later, after having got home from a trip, I checked to see when bookings could be made. Next morning! Seconds later near panic set in. International Date Line! A quick check showed they had opened up (as I remember) 15 to 30 minutes earlier. I could see days being filled up in front of my eyes. I managed to get something though, not the only stroke of luck we had for the Milford.

I mention this because I read this morning that the upcoming 6 month season was completely booked in 15 minutes. ‼️

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Restaurants are having trouble getting their staff back to work and it's causing problems. Yesterday we went out for dinner and the manager asked if we would mind waiting a bit. When I said no he handed me some drinks and told me to take them to table nine.
I once went for an interview for a job as a waiter. The interviewer asked me what I brought to the table.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I was going to post an old Japanese game show called "Endurance" but it brings tears to the eyes and not for the faint hearted.
I think I know about that show.

A coworker was telling me about about his wife who did sales presentations to groups of Japanese businessmen here in the US. First, she was a tall, blonde Caucasian which drove the guys nuts. Second, the meetings were held in a non-smoking area. Third, their coffee was kept refreshed. Fourth, the presentations were kept longer than they had to be. My coworker said they would sign anything to get out of that room.

I think I know about that show.

A coworker was telling me about about his wife who did sales presentations to groups of Japanese businessmen here in the US. First, she was a tall, blonde Caucasian which drove the guys nuts. Second, the meetings were held in a non-smoking area. Third, their coffee was kept refreshed. Fourth, the presentations were kept longer than they had to be. My coworker said they would sign anything to get out of that room.
🤣🤣🤣

Oops. I should have mentioned that the men were too ashamed to ask the woman for a break.

I was going to post an old Japanese game show called "Endurance" but it brings tears to the eyes and not for the faint hearted.
Cripes. I can understand about the feeding them to the fish but they waterboarded them to do it. :eek:

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I googled. That show was hilarious! I never knew the Japanese were so laid back and given to such craziness. I assumed they were all very refined...a real eye opener for me.👀

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My sons went to a small(ish) private high school and around a week before senior graduation there is an unspoken tradition..."Senior prank day". My oldest took part in the grandest prank the school ever had. After "borrowing" the master key to the school they drove a small car into the school foyer late at night. The next morning when all were in classes, they rang the fire alarm and all the students and faculty filed out of the building waiting to go back in after completing this "fire drill". The boy who held the key had stayed hidden inside and then proceeded to run around the school locking all of the doors. No one could get back in...the principal and faculty were NOT happy, but it was not worth suspensions so late in the school year. 😁

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

€60,-
A new hobby for us Not serious retirees. I'm making mine the size of a marble.😃
P.S. We can sit on our duffs watching TV or Netflix while we "work".

A new creative and trending hobby in Japan that involves polishing aluminum tin foil balls until they are perfectly shiny spheres.
CrmzTeZK3eYFeXJK2aYTDDaozud5gaU6V4npmhwQhM2qud-8EokKHa7059ZczwWp43oDZu3yNTOcElSikreNgW_3ruZ8wx96Igc05sDssqt-bT0E_ZH2mAhrh-s80Xw=s0-d-e1-ft

I had my biggest laugh all month after watching this all the way to the end. It is 8 minutes CC and you can't fast forward.

The setup: Conan O'Brien is leaving this week as a late night host of 28 years. He is talking to a Saturday Night Live alum when another one interrupts. This one is well known for pranking the host on many appearances through the years.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back