• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The not so serious thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yes , it's sometimes worse than bills.😔
True. I dislike junk mail. We have probably never ordered anything from those solicitations and for years I no longer open it...it goes straight to the recycle bin.
My dad opened his junk mail and if a pre-stamped self address envelope was enclosed to use for your "convenience", he would stuff all the original contents into it and mail it back....I thought it humorous.
Screenshot_20210925-063743~2.png

Last edited:
True. I dislike junk mail. We have probably never ordered anything from those solicitations and for years I no longer open it...it goes straight to the recycle bin.
My dad opened his junk mail and if a pre-stamped self address envelope was enclosed to use for your "convenience", he would stuff all the original contents into it and mail it back....I thought it humorous.
View attachment 109810
DS1001018_Nee-Ja_Foto-1.jpgDS1001015_Nee-Nee_Foto.jpg
We use these on our mailbox.

"Nee Nee" , you get only mail with your name on it.
"Nee Ja" , you get only local papers.
"Ja Ja" , you get everything.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Our elephants just need red toenail polish.
Oh thanks, NYC...I saw a bird whose tail was the elephant's trunk and whose trunk looked like the undercarriage of a man.
I couldn't get past different shaped chunks of milk chocolate some shaped as elephants. I'm a sad case.
If that was chocolate, I'd never eat a bite.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Last edited:
2909-MATT-GALLERY-WEB-P1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.png

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Wow, I've got a whole page of posts to catch up on. Anyway, here's my "I'm back" post. It is a post for another thread that I self-edited.
View attachment 110209
Rick, I just replied to that post.
I guess you didn't make it to Illinois on your westward journey...maybe some other time...or I will do an eastward journey by aerocraft. My deceased sister's husband was planning to see Aerosmith at Fenway Park, but it was cancelled. Now he and girlfriend are going west to Vegas to see the Rolling Stones in November...I hope the Stones are not stoned and will still be alive in another month...I think they are older than us.

Last edited:
Rick, I just replied to that post.
I guess you didn't make it to Illinois on your westward journey...maybe some other time...or I will do an eastward journey by aerocraft. My deceased sister's husband was planning to see Aerosmith at Fenway Park, but it was cancelled. Now he and girlfriend are going west to Vegas to see the Rolling Stones in November...I hope the Stones are not stoned and will still be alive in another month...I think they are older than us.
Now....that has brought back some memories. Saw the "Stones" back in '83 when they played Ashton Gate. One of the support groups was the J.Geils band...they were awesome.

€60,-
Now....that has brought back some memories. Saw the "Stones" back in '83 when they played Ashton Gate. One of the support groups was the J.Geils band...they were awesome.
Never heard of that band, but it was an extremely long time ago. You preferred them over the Stones? Wow, seeing the Stones when they were still young...you must'a been a baby...no? Were the tickets in the three figure price range back then, like now?
Were you laid out prostrate? Now you would have prostate problems.

Never heard of that band, but it was an extremely long time ago. You preferred them over the Stones? Wow, seeing the Stones when they were still young...you must'a been a baby...no? Were the tickets in the three figure price range back then, like now?
Were you laid out prostrate? Now you would have prostate problems.
Not that expensive...but it's all relative to the time.

A man was driving down the street in a sweat because he had an important meeting and couldn't find a parking place. Looking up to heaven he said, 'Lord take pity on me. If you find me a parking place I will go to Mass every Sunday for the rest of my life and give up Whiskey!'

Miraculously, a parking place appeared.

The man looked up again and said, 'Never mind, I found one.'

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A man was driving down the street in a sweat because he had an important meeting and couldn't find a parking place. Looking up to heaven he said, 'Lord take pity on me. If you find me a parking place I will go to Mass every Sunday for the rest of my life and give up Whiskey!'

Miraculously, a parking place appeared.

The man looked up again and said, 'Never mind, I found one.'

That's what I'd call 'a close shave' :D

The Dead Rabbits could be a good theme for Halloween 🎃
Is there nothing google doesn't know?🤔
True story...About five years ago we found a rabbit's head in our front yard. It seemed to be cut off perfectly at the neck with a pair of loppers, not by a hawk or coyote which then would have been mutilated. It always stumped me as to what happened and I'd wondered if it was part of a satanic ritual of some sort.😳

Is there nothing google doesn't know?🤔
True story...About five years ago we found a rabbit's head in our front yard. It seemed to be cut off perfectly at the neck with a pair of loppers, not by a hawk or coyote which then would have been mutilated. It always stumped me as to what happened and I'd wondered if it was part of a satanic ritual of some sort.😳
You witnessed the result of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

I just thought of another true story...(Turga, close your eyes.🙈)
In a neighboring town to me a bar hosts an annual outdoor event; the "Turkey Testicle Festival". Although I have never attended, the times I've driven past, the parking lot is filled with vehicles and motorcycles. 🦃

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back