• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Not so Serious thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Lockdown is becoming a distant memory and I miss it a little. I developed a new vocation with home schooling and taught my new Grandson to count.
I made him count the number of "ring-pulla" and bottle tops I had and made him count by the number of chocolates he put in my mouth.
You were supposed to put the chocolate in HIS mouth.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Turga, you won the #800 prize and you two boys didn't seem to notice

Oh, we noticed, it’s just that we are so modest and phlegmatic that we prefer others to announce the event.

I think the prize should go to me instead since I am so observant.

I’ll be happy to share the prize with you 99/1 % (in my favor, of course) – it could actually turn out to be to your advantage if the prize turns out to be a one year subscription to “Country Life” :D

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Nope...how wrong can you be...one of life lessons when they are young. It teaches them numeracy, thinking of others before yourself, taking care of the elderly and....chocolate is bad for you and makes you fat.
Numeracy?...You and Turga are vocabulary show off. You could just say plain 'ol Arithmetic...☝️✌️🤟🖐️😅
Chocolate makes you smile, not fat.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Don’t feel bad about it; physicians and nutrition experts actually categorize (dark) chocolate more as a vegetable than a candy. Makes sense as it is made from cocoa beans; but yes, excessive devouring of the substance does make you fat :p
I pretend dark chocolate is a health food...so no guilt.😋

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I loved DD..."Dirty Dancing"...probably a chick flick the Not boys never saw unless a laydeee drug them to it.😅
Wrong. I enjoyed it and it wasn't because of Peg. I have seen it twice and wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Ghost on the other hand was ghosted. Peg was a potter and so it would be too laughable.

Wrong. I enjoyed it and it wasn't because of Peg. I have seen it twice and wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Ghost on the other hand was ghosted. Peg was a potter and so it would be too laughable.
I liked Ghost, too. Both are types of romances, but I don't remember the famous song from Ghost, only the DD.

I have seen it as well..I was only joking.
I was a little disappointed though. It wasn't as dirty as I hoped. 🙈
I've seen the other as well 👻

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I liked Ghost, too. Both are types of romances, but I don't remember the famous song from Ghost, only the DD.
That famous song from "Ghost", "Unchained Melody" always reminds me of the love theme from the movie "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre".

Now serious, "Unchained Melody" is one of the few modern songs that does not have its title in its lyrics. Wikipedia explains how it got its name.

And, as for The Righteous Brothers, they got their name when a black fan exclaimed "That was righteous, brothers." [They were not brothers.]

That famous song from "Ghost", "Unchained Melody" always reminds me of the love theme from the movie "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre".

Now serious, "Unchained Melody" is one of the few modern songs that does not have its title in its lyrics. Wikipedia explains how it got its name.

And, as for The Righteous Brothers, they got their name when a black fan exclaimed "That was righteous, brothers." [They were not brothers.]
A lovely song, but this one is my fave of the two.😃

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Slip sliding away, slip sliding away.

You know the nearer your destination the more you’re slip sliding away.
We call them "Calypso's" this side of the Atlantic. I have a few in the freezer.
They are great teasing material for young (2 year oldl grandson who needs to be assisted. I squeeze out about an inch and offer it and just as his mouth is about to reach the frozen goodness I let it go so it disappears back in again.

Bad Grandad.

I remember that my "spit" would soften the cardboard and it would eventually start collapsing, making it harder to push up the remainder...they were called "push ups" on my side of the Atlantic, but I don't recall them retracting to tease the innocent.
@Bristle Boy, you sound like a real teaser.
Look what I found! Recycling at home is the absolute best...forget using the bin when you can create things...such as pulpo!
Screenshot_20220717-065853~2.png

And I have been under the mistaken belief that the cardboard was the most nutritional part. The multi use of the toilet roll might go some way to explain the popularity of the product and shortage during the covid pandemic.
I've made your model and put it alongside some real pulpo to compare the taste.
The toilet roll tastes better.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

€46,-

€149,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
They aren't quite like this then.
Not quite..his genius was to stop it rolling. 🤣 when parked on a hill.
The true genius was if he had made the wheels square he would have got four clunks per revolution...being triangular you only got three 😅😅😅

Of course David was not being serious...my kind of guy.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
It maxs out at 5 kph but only if you have even credit to fuel it.

BTW, I just learned that the Cannonball Run record was broken a number of times during the pandemic due to lighter traffic. Now 25 hours and 39 minutes. Crossing Denmark wouldn't take so long though.

BTW, I just learned that the Cannonball Run record was broken a number of times during the pandemic due to lighter traffic. Now 25 hours and 39 minutes. Crossing Denmark wouldn't take so long though.
Turga would need to get his stamps when he refuels at SHELL petrol stations

Last edited:

At Turgamobile speed, it would still take a fair amount of time to cross Denmark, but at say 200 kph you could make it from farthest north to farthest south in less than 2 hours.

But why hurry? When the first railroad line opened in Denmark in 1847 running at max 60 kph, a group of physicians stated that “At such speed, the constant and rapid variation of visual impressions is bound to damage the brain and further, it is a well established fact that such exaggerated functional activity will inevitably cause degradation of human tissue.”

So… let’s take it easy :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Am sat at home having a sportsfest.
First the Athletics in America followed by the football from the UK.
It suddenly came to me that when they show things back in slow motion to Turga this must seem incredibly F A S T. 💨

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back