• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

the nun singing in the Cathedral of Santiago

pstu

hey,

There was this nun who sang so beautiful in the Mass when we arrived Santiago de Compostela in May 2007. I am making a film about the Camino, and I did also film from that Mass, but my sound did not become so good. That is why I am wondering if anybody knows if her or other chants from the masses of the Cathedral in Santiago is available on a cd, or like it?

thank you in advance

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I don´t recall her name, but she´s been cantor in the cathedral since my very first visit there, in 1992. She is a sister from the Convent of San Pelayo, just behind the cathedral. The sisters there sing the hours, day and night. You can go and hear them, and her, sing Vespers each evening at their chapel. Times are posted on the doors.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi

She is Sister Maria Jesus, a member of the order of auxilliaries attached to churches and cathedrals in Spain to promote the liturgy.

She has indeed sung at the Pilgrims' Mass every day for many years - she must look forward to Holy Years - 4 masses a day in 2010!

She uses many simple chants so that people can join in the singing at the Pilgrims' Mass and a lot of them come from the ecumenical Taize community :

http://www.taize.fr/

Their website has MP3's and podcasts and there are loads of Taize CD's available on Amazon.

I hope this helps.

John

Back