• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Video The Parador and the Cathedral closed again, although for different reasons

MaineSally

MaineSally
Camino(s) past & future
Cam Frances SJPDP to Santiago ('17): Finisterre ('17); Muxia ('17): Camino Portuguese ('19)
Takk skal du ha Ivar!

The view you shared looking out towards Finisterre, as well as the Cathedral in the background...well, simply lovely. Perhaps one day you could share what took you from Norway to Santiago.

Always appreciate your updates. Remain well and best wishes for the holidays!

ELHS220

Camino(s) past & future
Francés - 2015, 2017
Norte (Oviedo Costa) - 2018
Finisterre/Muxía - 2018
Norte - (2019)
I have tried several times, but the video does not play.

Attachments

• 878AD7B7-C548-4B88-8872-76554C83D242.png
    878AD7B7-C548-4B88-8872-76554C83D242.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 6

Chris Day

Hesed Walker
Camino(s) past & future
Frances-14/15/16 Part-17/18/19/20
VdlP/Sanab/Finist 16
Port/Ingles 17
Norte 18 Le Puy&Prim 19
Takk skal du ha Ivar!

The view you shared looking out towards Finisterre, as well as the Cathedral in the background...well, simply lovely. Perhaps one day you could share what took you from Norway to Santiago.

Always appreciate your updates. Remain well and best wishes for the holidays!
Yes, thanks for these updates Ivar. Just like MaineSally, I have often in the past pondered what brought you to Santiago 🤔 and would be interested to hear your story one day perhaps....

Freewalker

Camino(s) past & future
PC(16), VdlP/San(17). Mozarabe(18), Levante(18) Lucca/Rome(19)Catalan,Aragon,Ebro (19),Litoral (20)
Thank you Ivar for your visual in Santiago ! I was there at the end of October as had walked from Porto along the Litoral in relative solitude <3. I actually enjoyed Santiago without the hordes of pilgrims and dined outside with a lovely Spanish pilgrim and the locals: a surreal time yet profound nevertheless.
I left new friends behind as continued to Fisterra and Muxia for the first time. Loved Fisterra, the geography is gorgeous although unsure about Muxia.
I am feeling grateful and blessed to have been able to walk during a global pandemic. For what it is worth fellow pilgrims, it was an easy stress free time to travel (before the lockdowns) as no line ups at airports and few PAX on airplanes. Private albergues were open and a wee bit more euros but a small price to pay to keep these businesses afloat.
Happy planning everyone ! 2021 is GOING TO BE a better year.
God bless <3

Last edited:

Advertisement

Booking.com