• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Pilgrim Soul

KJFSophie

My Way, With Joy !
Time of past OR future Camino
2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022
We find, ourselves

Who we are not

Perhaps

Who we might be at best

We see, in another

the heart of an unknown brother

familiar

In the Camino guest

The soul of the pilgrim

Restless

It stays long enough in each

The shadow remains , an unexpected rest

It leaps to the next

Dancing to bells on the hill

beyond sun glistening crosses

Blessed

The pilgrim soul

At home wanderer, in you

Dwelling,

By no account repressed

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Excellent and thoughtful poem!! Flows well!! Did you compose such yourself?? If so, very impressive and you have a talent ,you should participate more often in literature in similair artform or genre

We find, ourselves

Who we are not

Perhaps

Who we might be at best

We see, in another

the heart of an unknown brother

familiar

In the Camino guest

The soul of the pilgrim

Restless

It stays long enough in each

The shadow remains , an unexpected rest

It leaps to the next

Dancing to bells on the hill

beyond sun glistening crosses

Blessed

The pilgrim soul

At home wanderer, in you

Dwelling,

By no account repressed
really like this.

The malingerer.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Excellent and thoughtful poem!! Flows well!! Did you compose such yourself?? If so, very impressive and you have a talent ,you should participate more often in literature in similair artform or genre
Thank you @Togabogie , yes, this piece is mine. I began teaching a college course yesterday on Walking Pilgrimage: El Camino de Santiago...it filled with 28 students on the first day of registration. For this semester, of only 6, two hour classes, it is a non-credit pilot. The hope is to be approved as an undergrad humanities in coming years. The poem, mine, was unearthed as I prepared my class materials. It was after my second walk, written on a napkin on the long long plane ride home. Thank you for appreciating my effort. :)

Thank you @Togabogie , yes, this piece is mine. I began teaching a college course yesterday on Walking Pilgrimage: El Camino de Santiago...it filled with 28 students on the first day of registration. For this semester, of only 6, two hour classes, it is a non-credit pilot. The hope is to be approved as an undergrad humanities in coming years. The poem, mine, was unearthed as I prepared my class materials. It was after my second walk, written on a napkin on the long long plane ride home. Thank you for appreciating my effort. :)
Have you any teaching experience ?? Either way it sounds like an interesting course!! Ime assuming the students pay a fee or did you apply ans recieve funding in accordance with college rules?
I have a friend who is poetically gifted and he carries a notebook to jot down when certain literature comes to his mind i.e its a good job you wrote the lit down on the napkin when you had a creative moment or you might have forgotten most of it maybe 2 hours later 🤔 :oops:

Have you any teaching experience ?? Either way it sounds like an interesting course!! Ime assuming the students pay a fee or did you apply ans recieve funding in accordance with college rules?
I have a friend who is poetically gifted and he carries a notebook to jot down when certain literature comes to his mind i.e its a good job you wrote the lit down on the napkin when you had a creative moment or you might have forgotten most of it maybe 2 hours later 🤔 :oops:
Though I've never been employed as a teacher, my first college degree was in teaching. I am a retired registered nurse and now work with a new degree, Licensed in Mental Health Counseling. I've volunteered in classrooms teaching art, religion and philosophy , have held workshops on various subjects and have given dozens of Camino presentations. The students did pay a small fee to the college. I waive my fee from them. We have a variety of non-credit courses that both, serve the community and also serve the curriculum committee as they are able to preview a course and content before including it as a full credit course. How can the Camino NOT be a fabulous humanities course? We've got history, theology, architecture, art, philosophy, psychology and sociology all in one...plus a bit of geography , language and fitness !

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I totally agree the camino epitomizes humanities in the educational sense and more!! I wasnt questioning youre ability to teach any course on any subject, i was simply curious to how you went about doing what you were doing 👍
Its a pity there werent more courses available doing similair things in more countries!! I would think youre a bit of a flag bearer on the camino as an humanities credited course!!
I hope it is, and continues to ba a success

I totally agree the camino epitomizes humanities in the educational sense and more!! I wasnt questioning youre ability to teach any course on any subject, i was simply curious to how you went about doing what you were doing 👍
Its a pity there werent more courses available doing similair things in more countries!! I would think youre a bit of a flag bearer on the camino as an humanities credited course!!
I hope it is, and continues to ba a success

@Togabogie , Speaking to how I went about teaching this course, as I mentioned earlier, the state university in my area offers non-credit courses to the community for a small registration fee. I've taken many classes here on a variety of subjects and skills. Every time I've given a presentation, no matter what the time allotment was, I had more to say and many many many questions from the audience. So... I after I received a mailing from the college announcing courses and looking for teachers in subsequent semesters, I applied. It was pretty labor intensive...with all kinds of applications, submissions of credentials, letters of reference, etc... And it took nearly three years for them to FINALLY assign a spring semester to me. In the last two years they congratulated me on my acceptance and scheduled me when I would be walking the Camino. FINALLY an opportunity that I could manage in my schedule...In His time... :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.