Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

the pilgrim you really don't want to walk with

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
The one I didn't want to walk with was the guy who started drinking as soon as he arrived at an albergue then snored all afternoon. He resumed his drinking all evening and snored all night as well. I had first encountered him near Hospital del Orbigo. At Astorga he was in the bed next to me in the Albergue San Javier. In the morning he got up early, made lots of noise, even leaning on my bed while he packed! He was still around 90 minutes later when I left as well. At the muni in Villafranca he was asking them to refill the drinks machine with beer at 10 in the evening! ( He had probably drunk most of the machine's contents). During these few days none of us saw him shower, wash clothes or in different clothes (admittedly all of his clothes could have been identical). Despite all efforts to avoid him it took a 37K hike from O'Cebreiro to lose him. Yes, definitely the one I would avoid! :eek:

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads