A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

the portugese way or the north way

hi Dawn here, i guess you can tell i am HOOKED on the pilgrimages. i decided to miss a year walking after last year walking 885km!!!! next year a 3 month walk.
HOWEVER, right now there is a seat sale to LONDON $650, so i am CONTEMPLATING doing the 8 day portugese route, or i am not sure if i have enough time for the north way. i understand the north way to be abit longer than the camino frances. i walked to finistere in 40 days.
any thoughts????
next year i thought of walking thru france, switzerland and then into Rome!!!! anything is possible. Suggestions and thoughts appreciated.
congratulations IVAR on a FANTASTIC forum.

Hi Dawn,

With 8 days I'd choose either the Camino Portugues or the Camino Aragones.

Bune Camino :arrow:

you can start the Camino Portugues from Tui, minimum starting point to obtain the Compostela.

Ponte de Lima in Portugal is also another great place to start.

Buen Camino :arrow:

32 days

hi xm, thanks for your comments. my email was misleading. i have 32 days for my hiking, and i have just booked my flight so looks like i will be doing the northern route.

OLDER threads on this topic

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • March

Votes: 17 5.2%
  • April

Votes: 58 17.8%
  • May

Votes: 79 24.3%
  • June