• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

the privilege of being able to walk !!!!

Dutchwalk53

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2015 with son #1, CF 2016 alone, CF 2017 with son #2 and husband , CF Sept 2018 with daughter
OMG what a crazy last 10 days it have been!!!!! With only 5 weeks left before me leaving for SJPP , both my son and my best friend broke their ankle (son) and leg (best friend who also needed surgery). So here I am with now less then 4 weeks before I leave for SJPP and had to stop my daily training walks/workouts to take care of them in between/before/after working hours. (glad to help obviously) . I hope to be able to start again by the end of next week when the both of them will be able to get around better on crutches. That way I can squeeze in 2 1/2 weeks of working out prior to my Camino . I am not so worried about the distances there it is my 2nd Camino and I kept walking though out the year, but it just interrupted my "6 week strength training" plan. However all of this made me SO aware again about the simple act of being able to .....walk !!!!! We all take it for granted but when you are dealing daily with people who can't it makes you think again. Happy walking to all of you walking the Camino or other walks ......ENJOY !!!!!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I wish your best friend and son a speedy recovery. And I hope you are taking care of yourself as well. You may not be able to follow your 6 week strength training plan, but it sounds like you are strengthening the ability to deal with whatever comes your way. It is great that you recognize helping people is more important that sticking to your plan. Have a great time on your second camino. The people you meet will be lucky to have you as a companion on their camino. As for taking things for granted, I am dealing with frozen shoulder at this time and I had never considered thanking my shoulders for all they do. I can't close the car door, sleep on my side, exercise, or put my coat on. As my shoulder improves, I am so excited about the little victories. We do have so much to be thankful for. Buen camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I wish your best friend and son a speedy recovery. And I hope you are taking care of yourself as well. You may not be able to follow your 6 week strength training plan, but it sounds like you are strengthening the ability to deal with whatever comes your way. It is great that you recognize helping people is more important that sticking to your plan. Have a great time on your second camino. The people you meet will be lucky to have you as a companion on their camino. As for taking things for granted, I am dealing with frozen shoulder at this time and I had never considered thanking my shoulders for all they do. I can't close the car door, sleep on my side, exercise, or put my coat on. As my shoulder improves, I am so excited about the little victories. We do have so much to be thankful for. Buen camino.
I've got the frozen shoulder thing going on in both shoulders. 6 months of physical therapy helped a little. The backpack actually improves the pain in my shoulders. Camino is already providing!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
It is definitely a blessing to be able to walk. I hope you are able to enjoy each and every step when the time comes.

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back