• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The reason you miss the Way

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A selection of Camino Jewellery
When I am two or three days away from reaching Santiago I start planning my next trip. That helps a lot. However, one Camino a year is no long enough. Perhaps there will be two next year?

Another name for this marvelous forum should be Caminoholics Anonymous. I love its 1,000,000 step program because it always works for me.

Buen Camino and Happy Holidays

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
It surely is an addiction.

most of my 'If' are upfront
Nevertheless that is after definitely i miss
I can be prepared but doesnt mean guaranteed.
But in someway i make it any way.

When I am two or three days away from reaching Santiago I start planning my next trip. That helps a lot. However, one Camino a year is no long enough. Perhaps there will be two next year?

Another name for this marvelous forum should be Caminoholics Anonymous. I love its 1,000,000 step program because it always works for me.

Hello Dennis ,
Love the name change in " C A " .

Wish you well and Happy Holidays to , Peter .

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Would that i walked with you when you were young
Crag,peak and valley
Wrinkles on your face
To have grown old and watched each one form.
To have seen the Maidenhead
That first lush meadow crossed under starlit sky

To have trodden first over smooth summer-ed skin
Bereft of toil and time

To have been lain down in fresh mown meadow smelling bed
Or to have smelled rain on pavestone first among peers
To hear...
Trees...whisper in the evening suns language of far and away
Of longing for the caress of the winds
Of the feel of new roots in the shadow of rich soils...

Of clouds
Singing
You can hear clouds sing if you lay down in meadow with...no...
Wait.

Walk among the wheat stalks
Silent to yourself

When the cloud passes watch the notes bend stalk
Listen
You will hear.

To have walked first among firsts
Following a river of stars
The bright star ever to your right they said...
And faithfull to this command, we walked
The first among firsts.

Toward the heaving sea

Finis Terrea

Which was only the beginning of things.

To have seen you in the Springtime

But now a summers come

And virgin soil plowed
Sweat stained footsore and among the weary we have walked
First blushes and second chances have made for lines of laughter
Tracks of tears
Dimples in the smile

Have changed the map to where people would see....
The stars have moved
The veil over the Way has become a river

Would that the deepening lines lay forgotten except for the few who recognise the lines of wisdom
Many now leading toward a laughing eye

All the crags are gentle hills
All the lines are lovely still
Ever far from winters chill

The Way
Evergreen
Ever old
Never young...to have seen from the beginning...

Pilgrim on the Way
Far away
Or near....to see the Way?
Is only to look and see
Each pilgrim passing

Every Pilgrim passed
Every Pilgrim to come

They are the way.

The wrinkles..joy upon the Smiling Face

When you get there
You will understand.

Be well Pilgrim.

Hi Dennis, a warning....I walked twice this year. In June with my granddaughter and took my daughter in October. Now I am planning a trip May 2018 solo and then in September with friends. Is two a year enough???

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.