• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Shame of Starting in Sarria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tio Huero

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPDP to Pamplona 2011
Pamplona to Longrono 2012
Sarria to Santiago 2018
So, here we were on April 30, my two youngest progeny, son-in-law and I at the beginning of a six day walk from Sarria to Santiago. Yes, we booked with a tour company. Yes, we had luggage transferred and carried only day packs. Yes, we had guaranteed rooms waiting at the end of each day.

I guess it was just a few clicks out of Sarria that we came upon the way marker. Apparently the author of the announcement has inside information or perhaps had lived a prior life in biblical times.

It gave us pause to wonder since, as far as anyone knows, Jesus has not walked the Camino. Maybe he did, but incognito so as to get a feel for how people were doing not wanting to get things stirred up. You know, celebrity and all that.

I feel safe in saying that had He walked the Camino, he would not have defaced the very marker put there to guide peregrinos on their way, even those who walked the shorter route from Sarria. The lack of respect for the Camino shown by taggers, and trash littering the trail would have saddened Him, I'm sure.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The older I get and the more Caminos I walk the more I have learned not to care about:

- with how much money, or none, others walk their caminos.
- who carries their backpack or who lets it be transported.
- who walks, who rides and who flies on a seagull ;-)

In short, enjoy what the Camino offers you, be open to what it can teach you and don't give a ... what others think about how you do your pilgrimage - as long as you are as respectfully to theirs and to the camino itself. A pilgrimage depends on the state of your heart, nor your means of transport nor where you sleep.

Buen Camino, SY

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In short, enjoy what the Camino offers you, be open to what it can teach you and don't give a ... what others think about how you do your pilgrimage - as long as you are as respectfully to theirs and to the camino itself. A pilgrimage depends on the state of your heart, nor your means of transport nor where you sleep.

To this from S.Yates, I say "absolutely" -- the Camino is my pilgrimage, and what is in my heart and in my mind as I walked towards Santiago de Compostela. I have walked the Camino Frances twice, and both were so very different on several levels. But it was how those Camino Pilgrimages affected me that mattered most. I am so grateful for what I experienced, and words fail me.

Buen Camino!
--jim--

In 2007, 16.61% of departures were from Sarria. From SJPdP* it was 20.18%.
In 2012, it was 21.16% and 15.94% respectively.
In 2017, it 26.48% and 13.05%.

It is clear that the 100km pilgrimage has replaced the longer one. While it was not gracious to attack touregrinos on the mojone, if the point was to emphasize the short-walk-without-a-pack nature of the modern pilgrim, you have to admit that it is accurate in part!;)

* SJPdP plus Roncesvalles departures

This is an unending debate. My two cents. I have walked Roncesvalles to Santiago, SJPP via Pyrennes to Fisterra, and SJPP via Valcarlos to Fisterra, two more times here to there. Only second time did I walk each and every step SJPP to Fisterra. Others grabbed a bus due to: time, or sprained ankle, or truncated bits and pieces.

Now, responsibilities of life and this and that, sans a miracle, I would be lucky to have time, funds, and strength to manage those last "turigrino" kilometers.

I would give anything to do so.

Said all that to say, we have no idea why pilgrims walk the Way their way.

Buen camino to all.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
So, here we were on April 30, my two youngest progeny, son-in-law and I at the beginning of a six day walk from Sarria to Santiago. Yes, we booked with a tour company. Yes, we had luggage transferred and carried only day packs. Yes, we had guaranteed rooms waiting at the end of each day.

I guess it was just a few clicks out of Sarria that we came upon the way marker. Apparently the author of the announcement has inside information or perhaps had lived a prior life in biblical times.

It gave us pause to wonder since, as far as anyone knows, Jesus has not walked the Camino. Maybe he did, but incognito so as to get a feel for how people were doing not wanting to get things stirred up. You know, celebrity and all that.

I feel safe in saying that had He walked the Camino, he would not have defaced the very marker put there to guide peregrinos on their way, even those who walked the shorter route from Sarria. The lack of respect for the Camino shown by taggers, and trash littering the trail would have saddened Him, I'm sure.
Saw the marker and also commented
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/graffiti-and-meaness.55218/
A ridiculous and thoughtless comment which is best ignored. There is no “right way”, every Camino is personal and starts wherever it starts and ends where it ends.
Buen Camino - happiness is the road

The older I get and the more Caminos I walk the more I have learned not to care about:

Buen Camino, SY

"... the state of your heart". thank you for this reminder @SYates.

In 2007, 16.61% of departures were from Sarria. From SJPdP* it was 20.18%.
In 2012, it was 21.16% and 15.94% respectively.
In 2017, it 26.48% and 13.05%.

It is clear that the 100km pilgrimage has replaced the longer one. While it was not gracious to attack touregrinos on the mojone, if the point was to emphasize the short-walk-without-a-pack nature of the modern pilgrim, you have to admit that it is accurate in part!;)

* SJPdP plus Roncesvalles departures

I hate to be a pedant, actually who am I kidding? I love it, but Sarria hasn't so much replaced as overtaken SJPdP and Roncesvalles as departure points for the CF.

Yes a greater proportion of total pilgrims start in Sarria now but there's still been an almost doubling from 23,106 to 39,279 of pilgrims leaving from around about the 800km mark in the time you're looking at, numbers leaving from Sarria have more than quadrupled 19,043 to 79,718 :eek:.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
For some of us here who had the privilege of walking longer pilgrimages we surely can remember the first day we set foot on a Camino? The joy and the fear and all emotions in between?
I know I can...
So let us be happy for that pilgrim on his/her first " last 100 k. Camino".
He might be superficial or loudmouthed but then again I met those types also on longer Caminos.
Love and light...

If you were like me and had no idea what was coming the last week into Santiago it can be overwhelming for a couple days after walking however long with the same relative group of pilgrims. I think this is where a lot of that negative vibe comes from. I'm happy for anyone that can get a little time(ever decreasing commodity in some of our countries) to enjoy the camino. Hopefully you had fun and will return. I'm ready for mine and it has barely been a year!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I would like to ask the tagger:

The Bishop decided that starting a pilgrimage in Sarria was sufficient for Catholics to earn a Compostela from the Church.
You disagree so you write graffiti to protest Church policy, same as Martin Luther nailing his theses to the door.
Congratulations - you are now a Protestant.
So why are you walking a pilgrimage to earn a Catholic document?

:)

While many of us Camino veterans, who walk month-long Caminos, will jest and politely mock some "Sarria strollers" we nonetheless understand and respect that some folks cannot walk longer distances, for a variety of sound reasons, including health, finances, family, or job commitments, etc.

This said, we also understand that some pilgrims choose not to walk longer distances, as they are seeking to put in the least effort to obtain a Compostela. Those are the folks that are the object of our sarcasm.

Arriving at Sarria after being on the Camino Frances from France for a month, more or less, one encounters, fresh-faced, clean, well equipped with new gear pilgrims just starting out. The 'veterans' have been walking through rain, snow, mud, hot sun, cold wind, dealing with blisters, sprains, sunstroke, etc., for most of a month, or more. The contrast is palpable. It makes for some difficult verbal exchanges. However, once everyone reaches Portomarin, these differences usually sort themselves out.

There is a huge difference between a pilgrim who is simply doing the best they can under the circumstances, and a pilgrim who chooses to expend the least possible effort.

But, all said, Camino Rule One is that: "Each pilgrim does their own Camino, in the manner to which they are called. NO ONE else has the right or standing to tell you how to accomplish YOUR Camino...PERIOD!"

You have nothing to apologize for or about. Enjoy YOUR Camino.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This is an unending debate. My two cents. I have walked Roncesvalles to Santiago, SJPP via Pyrennes to Fisterra, and SJPP via Valcarlos to Fisterra, two more times here to there. Only second time did I walk each and every step SJPP to Fisterra. Others grabbed a bus due to: time, or sprained ankle, or truncated bits and pieces.

Now, responsibilities of life and this and that, sans a miracle, I would be lucky to have time, funds, and strength to manage those last "turigrino" kilometers.

I would give anything to do so.

Said all that to say, we have no idea why pilgrims walk the Way their way.

Buen camino to all.
It is their Way however they do it.

Oh my, what an experience, and on your first day on the way.

A friend of mine walked from Sarria to Santiago just before New Year - she had wanted to walk the Camino for a very long time, and finally she simply went and walked it, using the time she had on her hands. And she was happy that she did it and reached Santiago!

Hope you and your companions had a very buen camino, too!

Not exactly:

To get the “Compostela” you must:
  • Make the pilgrimage for religious or spiritual reasons, or at least an attitude of search.
  • Do the last 100 km on foot or horseback, or the last 200 km by bicycle. It is understood that the pilgrimage starts at one point and from there you come to visit the Tomb of St. James.
  • You must collect the stamps on the “Credencial del Peregrino” from the places you pass through to certify that you have been there. Stamps from churches, hostels, monasteries, cathedrals and all places related to the Way are preferred, but if not they can also be stamped in other institutions: town halls, cafés, etc. You have to stamp the Credencial twice a day at least on the last 100 km (for pilgrims on foot or on horseback) or on the last 200 km (for cyclists pilgrims).
The English translation of the text is as follows:

The Chapter of this Holy Apostolic and Metropolitan Cathedral of Compostela, custodian of the seal of the Altar of St. James, to all the Faithful and pilgrims who arrive from anywhere on the Orb of the Earth with an attitude of devotion or because of a vow or promise make a pilgrimage to the Tomb of the Apostle, Our Patron Saint and Protector of Spain, recognises before all who observe this document that: …………… has devotedly visited this most sacred temple with Christian sentiment (pietatis causa).

In witness whereof I present this document endorsed with the seal of this same Holy Church.

Issued in Santiago de Compostela on ……… of …………… year of our Lord ……….

Deputy Canon for Pilgrims.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

I feel the very same way! The trash on the roadside when there are dumpsters everywhere was unbelievable. The graffiti wasn’t anything artistic— it was conceit and self-righteousness at best. Also the tagging decrying that God is a myth, etc. has no place. If one is an atheist, hey fine! But why cram it down the throats of others! If the wayside shrines and chapels are offensive, there are many secular trails all over the world, so why trash this one! Very mean spirited!

Work and time constraints have kept me from doing longer Caminos. Thus, I have done the Ingles twice and loved it. I would never consider the Sarria to Santiago route because of the horror stories.

I hope some day to be able to do a longer Camino. But. to this day, I fear that I woudl grab a cab once I got to Sarria. :-(

Work and time constraints have kept me from doing longer Caminos. Thus, I have done the Ingles twice and loved it. I would never consider the Sarria to Santiago route because of the horror stories.

I hope some day to be able to do a longer Camino. But. to this day, I fear that I woudl grab a cab once I got to Sarria. :-(

If I do the France's again, I will skip the last 100 km. I don't regret doing it but no need to repeat. For me, the walking and the fellowship developed among pilgims up to that mark are a treasure (not to "dis" those that start there, it is just different). And I know that many can only do that last section and I don't need to add to their crowding. Buen Camino to all however and whichever approach works for each of us on the WAY.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
If I do the France's again, I will skip the last 100 km. I don't regret doing it but no need to repeat. For me, the walking and the fellowship developed among pilgims up to that mark are a treasure (not to "dis" those that start there, it is just different). And I know that many can only do that last section and I don't need to add to their crowding. Buen Camino to all however and whichever approach works for each of us on the WAY.

This year I walked the Camino Invierno, which starts at Ponferrada and ends at Santiago, to evaluate it as a viable alternative to the same stretch of the Camino Frances. By taking the Invierno out of Ponferrada, you avoid all of what many of us dislike about that last segment on the Frances. Do consider it.

On the other hand, the Invierno is hardly used at all. In my first 8 days, I saw exactly three pilgrims, and managed to speak or walk with only two of them. There are very few places to obtain sellos between start and end places. But, there are albergues, hotels and cafes. But, there are nowhere near the number or frequency as you might find on the Frances.

The local people I met along the route were all very polite, helpful, and thrilled to see a pilgrim. In some small hamlets, you are sort of a rock star when you tell them you are a pilgrim walking to Santiago. They do not see a lot. But all know about the Camino and are enthusiastic about it.

One day, I even had a rather elderly lady offer me a place to stay in her home, and food, gratis. I made her blush when I told her that my wife might be jealous - in Spanish.

The terrain is rather vertical, lots of ups and downs as you traverse, first the Bierzo (bowl), then the Ribiera Sacra wine making region. However, the scenery is the most beautiful of any of the four different routes I have down in my six Caminos.

The route leads from Ponferrada, and flows into the northern segment of the Sanabres / Via de la Plata at Lalin (a Laxe). Guide books are available and there is a lot of information here in the forum. From the St. Nicholas albergue in Ponferrada, simply go left out the door instead of right. It is as easy as that.

The route is marked rather well. In the Bierzo, the mojones (distance markers) are black slate, as that is the most local mined stone. When you cross into Galicia, the markers become granite, as that is the most quarried stone there.

The Invierno is more demanding than the last segment of the Frances. But, for someone who has perhaps walked from St. Jean Pied de Port or Pamplona, this should not pose a problem. Laurie Reynolds (Peregrina2000) updated the CSJ Guide and assesses that you can do this in 9, 10 or 12 days. In my recent experience, I suggest that 12-days is more reasonable because of the greater climbs and descents. So, this route will take about 3 more days than the final segment of he Frances from Ponferrada.

Hope this helps.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Buen Camino, SY
Well said!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
For some of us here who had the privilege of walking longer pilgrimages we surely can remember the first day we set foot on a Camino? The joy and the fear and all emotions in between?
I know I can...
So let us be happy for that pilgrim on his/her first " last 100 k. Camino".
He might be superficial or loudmouthed but then again I met those types also on longer Caminos.
Love and light...
If I could, I would love your response Sabine, and I would also ask that consideration be given somehow to the man or woman who chose to be mean spirited with their graffiti. On occasion, I have been annoyed and irritated and have said things I have regretted. I have a feeling they regret their impulsive and cruel behavior.

Last edited:
I have an idea: maybe we, those who are going to walk the Camino and know about these graffiti, can bring along a paint remover and a paint brush or cloth and try to remove at least some of these graffiti?

Unfortunately, I won't be anywhere near Sarria in the foreseeable future, but I'll try to remember to pack a paint remover when, hopefully, I set off on my Camino de Invierno this winter!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
bring along a paint remover and a paint brush or cloth and try to remove at least some of these graffiti
Almost nothing works; I have tried acetone, paint solvent, WD-40, alcohol, turpentine, mineral spirits, soap, and "universal cleaner." Nothing has had much effect.:(

Sand blasting by the xunta does work...

Brown - grey paint, the color of granite, COULD cover over the offending graffiti on granite markers, but I suspect this only adds to that which must be removed...

I have about 2 weeks to walk the Camino with my 4, 5 and 10 year old grand daughters. I’m not getting younger and I really want to have this experience with them. So we planned to walk starting at Sarria. But with all the negative comments I have heard on YouTube and forums, it makes me think it won’t be the experience I am hoping for.

I want this to be a spiritual and positive event for my girls. It seems going to the movie theater may be better. Very sad.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I would like to ask the tagger:

The Bishop decided that starting a pilgrimage in Sarria was sufficient for Catholics to earn a Compostela from the Church.
You disagree so you write graffiti to protest Church policy, same as Martin Luther nailing his theses to the door.
Congratulations - you are now a Protestant.

:)

It was always my impression that the Camino is travelled by people of many different faiths and by people of no faith at all. The rude behaviour of graffiti or the increasing crowds aside, why should it matter if one is Catholic, Protestant, or Pagan? The journey is one of the spirit, no?

@t2andreo thank you! I'm considering walking the Invierno this winter, and your post is very timely!:)
I think I read somewhere that much of the infrastructure, albergues, etc., on the Camino Invierno (and despite its name) is closed during the winter. Worth researching.

I have about 2 weeks to walk the Camino with my 4, 5 and 10 year old grand daughters. I’m not getting younger and I really want to have this experience with them. So we planned to walk starting at Sarria. But with all the negative comments I have heard on YouTube and forums, it makes me think it won’t be the experience I am hoping for.

I want this to be a spiritual and positive event for my girls. It seems going to the movie theater may be better. Very sad.
Debra, I just completed the Camino starting at Sarria. I broke my foot 2 weeks before we left from Australia so glad we didn't do the full camino. My partner could only get 3 weeks off work. It was tough but I got there. It was an amazing experience. I used 2 walking poles and they were my saviour.
Those who put down pilgrims who start at Sarria are obviously not those you need to listen to. Their hearts are not open. We had an absolute adventure, loved every second and met some amazing people. As I say if you need to put others down your heart is not in the right place. I would encourage you to do it. You and your grandkids will love it. Go with the right intentions and don't listen to other negative minds. We are flying home as I write this and it was the adventure of a lifetime for us even with a broken foot!
Cheers, Kev

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Buen Camino, SY
Very wise and sage advice!

walk the Camino Ingles instead. It is much quieter, walks by the coast, including along beaches for the first few days (thinking of your grandchildren), and can be broken down into manageable stages of up to 15 km if you have very young grandchildren, and so can take 8 or 9 days at a leisurely pace.

Plus, you can walk the whole 117km, qualify for a compostela, and because you have walked the whole path, it gives you a much greater sense of achievement when you arrive in Santiago than walking the last 100km of a longer Camino. Sometimes I saw only 4 or 5 other people a day on the Ingles. Even in the rain, it was a spiritual and positive experience for me. A world away from what many describe as something akin to circus from Sarria

While many of us Camino veterans, who walk month-long Caminos, will jest and politely mock some "Sarria strollers" we nonetheless understand and respect that some folks cannot walk longer distances, for a variety of sound reasons, including health, finances, family, or job commitments, etc.

This said, we also understand that some pilgrims choose not to walk longer distances, as they are seeking to put in the least effort to obtain a Compostela. Those are the folks that are the object of our sarcasm.

Arriving at Sarria after being on the Camino Frances from France for a month, more or less, one encounters, fresh-faced, clean, well equipped with new gear pilgrims just starting out. The 'veterans' have been walking through rain, snow, mud, hot sun, cold wind, dealing with blisters, sprains, sunstroke, etc., for most of a month, or more. The contrast is palpable. It makes for some difficult verbal exchanges. However, once everyone reaches Portomarin, these differences usually sort themselves out.

There is a huge difference between a pilgrim who is simply doing the best they can under the circumstances, and a pilgrim who chooses to expend the least possible effort.

But, all said, Camino Rule One is that: "Each pilgrim does their own Camino, in the manner to which they are called. NO ONE else has the right or standing to tell you how to accomplish YOUR Camino...PERIOD!"

Hope this helps.

t2andreo Thank you! I always love your responses!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Ignore the negative Nellies, and enjoy your walk from Sarria to Santiago!

walk the Camino Ingles instead. It is much quieter, walks by the coast, including along beaches for the first few days (thinking of your grandchildren), and can be broken down into manageable stages of up to 15 km if you have very young grandchildren, and so can take 8 or 9 days at a leisurely pace.

Plus, you can walk the whole 117km, qualify for a compostela, and because you have walked the whole path, it gives you a much greater sense of achievement when you arrive in Santiago than walking the last 100km of a longer Camino. Sometimes I saw only 4 or 5 other people a day on the Ingles. Even in the rain, it was a spiritual and positive experience for me. A world away from what many describe as something akin to circus from Sarria
I think that with a 4 and 5 year old it would probably be better to stick to the Frances, because it has a better infrastructure with more places to stop for the night, and during the day.

Thank you everyone for your comments. I will go and take my best attitude and make this a great experience for them. I suppose it will be as good as I make it for them. :)

I do wonder, back before planes, trains, bikes and wagons... people started walking from their doorsteps, not just at the “start”. So those complaining that starting at Sarria is not a true pilgrimage are only lying to themselves if they too did not start walking from their own homes.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Buen Camino, SY
Camino on a seagull! What a beautiful image.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you everyone for your comments. I will go and take my best attitude and make this a great experience for them. I suppose it will be as good as I make it for them. :)

I do wonder, back before planes, trains, bikes and wagons... people started walking from their doorsteps, not just at the “start”. So those complaining that starting at Sarria is not a true pilgrimage are only lying to themselves if they too did not start walking from their own homes.
Still true today - your Camino starts when you leave your door (and go to the bus or airport).
Lots of stories exchanged in Bayonne, before we even got to SJdPP, showed this.

Jesus would forgive them but I don't. The graffiti saddened me. I have walked the Camino in April/May for 5 years now. Three years ago the new markers starting in Galacia were pristine and beautiful. Last year there was some graffiti mostly after Sarria. Also, many of the Brass distance plates had been vandalized and removed. This year new distance markers (Vandal proof) replaced the vacant spaces. But in addition to the "Black Marking Pen" graffiti that seems to increase after Sarria, someone had a can of red paint and managed to put their mark on (defacing) at least 300 markers. The cost to remove all that damage will be thousands of Euros.

I agree with most of the above comments. The distance you walk, where you start, what you carry is all a personal matter. There is nothing about it that should be judged. Hopefully, many of those who start in Sarria, will get a "taste' of the Camino and consider coming back again. As most of us realize on the Forum, this Camino is addictive. Nothing to be ashamed about. I have been home for 3 days now, and have already started mapping out my trip for next year.;

But I do judge those that bring paint, and marking pens on the Camino. I have no respect for their actions.

Last edited:

Hope this helps.
Jesus would forgive them but I don't. The graffiti saddened me. I have walked the Camino in April/May for 5 years now. Three years ago the new markers starting in Galacia were pristine and beautiful. Last year there was some graffiti mostly after Sarria. Also, many of the Brass distance plates had been vandalized and removed. This year new distance markers (Vandal proof) replaced the vacant spaces. But in addition to the "Black Marking Pen" graffiti that seems to increase after Sarria, someone had a can of red paint and managed to put their mark on (defacing) at least 300 markers. The cost to remove all that damage will be thousands of Euros.

I agree with most of the above comments. The distance you walk, where you start, what you carry is all a personal matter. There is nothing about it that should be judged. Hopefully, many of those who start in Sarria, will get a "taste' of the Camino and consider coming back again. As most of us realize on the Forum, this Camino is addictive. Nothing to be ashamed about. I have been home for 3 days now, and have already started mapping out my trip for next year.;

But I do judge those that bring paint, and marking pens on the Camino. I have no respect for their actions.

Totally agree. Unless someone messed up and forgot to hand me the set of rules and procedures in order to be a pilgrim, as far as I know, the Camino is a personal journey. Only you decide how, when, and where you walk.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hola, since i was howled down for my last efforts, classifying pilgrims, may I suggest the following: do your camino in stages.
Yes i know that for those of us who cross 10 or more time zones coming back two or more times can be a financial imposition, but for those living locally, or on east coast of Nth America it is an option to consider, as is the Invierno. My next camino, prob third & last will be the Porto, with Finistere & Muxia added on. But if time & other factors permit the Invierno might achieve :) completo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back