• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Sign!

Amul

Time of past OR future Camino
June-July 2015
Dear All,

I will be walking the Camino in couple of weeks with my 13 year old son. I am truly looking forward to this unique experience. I like to take this opportunity to thank the forum members for tirelessly providing advices, suggestion and encouragements to this online community.

Few days ago I called my parents to inform our plan about the Camino. They are not aware of such a pilgrimage. During the conversation my mother made a sharp comment about the trip without realizing that it would offend me deeply. I left the phone with a heavy heart! That evening, I went for my usual training walk and I saw this "Shell Cloud", in the otherwise cloudless sky. I was shocked, surprised and instantly felt happy!

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/camino-photos/the-shell-cloud.2994/

I know the Camino is calling!
Buen Camino!

Attachments

• Shell cloud! .png
    Shell cloud! .png
    262.9 KB · Views: 38
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Dear All,

I will be walking the Camino in couple of weeks with my 13 year old son. I am truly looking forward to this unique experience. I like to take this opportunity to thank the forum members for tirelessly providing advices, suggestion and encouragements to this online community.

Few days ago I called my parents to inform our plan about the Camino. They are not aware of such a pilgrimage. During the conversation my mother made a sharp comment about the trip without realizing that it would offend me deeply. I left the phone with a heavy heart! That evening, I went for my usual training walk and I saw this "Shell Cloud", in the otherwise cloudless sky. I was shocked, surprised and instantly felt happy!

Buen Camino!
Hello , that's the Camino calling. !! I think the feeling of walking the Camino stay's with you for ever. It's happened with us, started in 2012 with the training with my wife. She walked the Camino Frances in 2013. Last year we walked together from Sarria to Finistere. I just returned from my Camino Frances. And next year we walk together from Porto to Santiago. It stay's in our thoughts.
Wish you both well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
May the light of the Milky way guide you and your son! I hope that your mother and her fears become more agreeable before you embark....it's not always easy for those not going on a camino to understand it's precocious calling :) Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Hi Amul

Is there the time and opportunity to talk some more with your mother before you leave ? Better if
you could walk your Camino when you are at peace with those you love.*

Buen Camino

* Says the man who hasn't talked to some of his family for the past three year
Hi Introibo,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try to talk to Mom and Dad again before leaving. But I am O.K now. I thought about about all the good times we had together and the hardships, sacrifices she must have made to make me a better person. These thoughts helped me to ignore the unpleasant experience and to move on. I am sure Mom will understand eventually. I am at Peace (at least with her!)

Just nine more nights. I will be on the Camino!

Buen Camino Amul!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Dear All,

Buen Camino!

My 13 yo son and I walked the Camino from Leon to Santiago early this Spring. It was unforgettably wonderful. I wish you both a Buen Camino!

What a wonderful way to spend quality time with your son!

One of my favorite quotes (attributed to Downton Abbey's Mr. Carson): The business of life is making memories. In the end, that's all there is.

Go make some fabulous memories!
Judy: my dad (who passed in 2012) used to say, "Let's make a memory!" and we always had the best times.

From travel to Mexico, to drinks on the big country patio overlooking the pond, to practical jokes and board games, I miss that loving soul.

Parents sometimes worry that we just won't come back, especially those parents who fear losing us. I think you just have to keep talking and find a way to involve them.

Two years ago I set off for Santiago, having quit my job and let out my home. My mother wasn't very impressed and wondered why I was 'wasting my time', until she mentioned it to a few friends who all said how wonderful it sounded and demanded updates on my progress. Suddenly she was so proud of me! And three months later, when I reached the sea at Muxia, the setting sun made this scallop-shaped pattern in the sky:

photo1097.jpg

A selection of Camino Jewellery
"Let's make a memory!"

After the death of my mother, I was determined to make as many memories as I could with my Father.
We had a wonderful nine years when we packed in as many holidays and days out as we could.

My Camino has been unlike any other experience. Almost every day some little memory comes flooding
back. Often inconsequential events, meetings or chance comments. All brighten my day and give me strength.

It must be wonderful to walk with someone close to you and bank so many memories.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The title of this thread takes me back to high school (not necessarily in a good way lol)

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.