A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Live - Camino Francés The socks, the cyclist and the experiment

Camino Badges

Doughnut NZ

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2019)
I left three pairs of socks on the line at Albergue La Laguna in El Burgo Renaro. I am currently just West of Leon walking around 20 to 25 kilometers a day, next stop around San Martin del Camino.

Is there a cyclist stopping in El Burgo Renaro who is willing to pick up my 3 pairs of socks in the name Douglas H and then leave them at an Albergue ahead of me?

If so, please leave them a good 60 klms passed Leon then advise me on this thread. If someone picks them up more than 2 days time then please transport them further or drop them off in Santiago and let me know where please. Many thanks, Douglas H

Doughnut NZ

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2019)
I left three pairs of socks on the line at Albergue La Laguna in El Burgo Renaro. I am currently just West of Leon walking around 20 to 25 kilometers a day, next stop around San Martin del Camino.

Is there a cyclist stopping in El Burgo Renaro who is willing to pick up my 3 pairs of socks in the name Douglas H and then leave them at an Albergue ahead of me?

If so, please leave them a good 60 klms passed Leon then advise me on this thread. If someone picks them up more than 2 days time then please transport them further or drop them off in Santiago and let me know where please. Many thanks, Douglas H
I am in Astorga today and heading for Rabanal del Camino tomorrow morning.

Doughnut NZ

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2019)

Tomorrow, Rabanal del Camino to Molinaseca.

Doughnut NZ

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2019)

I am currently in Ponferrada and I am injured so I will stay here another day

Doughnut NZ

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2019)
Time to let go of my socks. I am in Lugo hospital with pnuemonia for five days and I don't need socks in here. Bye bye socks! Hopefully I will have time to complete my Camino after a bit of a rest.

BillAndIta

Camino(s) past & future
May 2019
Sorry to hear that Doug. Get well soon. Hope you are back on the trail soon - Bill and Ita from Ireland

Doughnut NZ

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2019)
Thank you. I was coming down with it prior to the Ferro Cross. I hope that you both had a great Camino. Thanks for your company.

BillAndIta

Camino(s) past & future
May 2019
It was great. We finished on Monday. On our way home now. Are you back on the Camino?

Doughnut NZ

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2019)
Not yet. I am staying with a friend in Vila Real, Portugal while I recover and get my strength back. Please contact me if you ever get to NZ.

Last edited:

BillAndIta

Camino(s) past & future
May 2019
Glad to hear you are out of hospital and hope you get to finish. We'll be sure to look you up if we ever get as far as NZ.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2016, Mansill de las Mulas to Finisterre and Muxia 2017, Camino Aragones 2018
Doug, please remove your contact information from your post! For your security it is not permitted.

It is good to hear that you are recovering!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 3.9%
  • April

Votes: 159 15.3%
  • May

Votes: 259 24.9%