• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The St Francis Way

colinb

Time of past OR future Camino
camino (September 2012) Ponderrada to Santiago
(May 2013) St. Jean to Santiago
(June 2014) Assisi to Rome. The St. Francis Way
(2015) Portuguese Camino. Lisbon to Santiago.
( Easter 2016) King Ludwig Way.
(Summer 2016) Ignatian Way. Loyola to Manresa.
Last year, 2014, my wife Mary and I walked the St. Francis Way, from Assissi to Rome. The days were long and hilly, the way was badly marked, accommodation was at times difficult, and there were few pilgrims walking.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Last year, 2014, my wife Mary and I walked the St. Francis Way, from Assissi to Rome. The days were long and hilly, the way was badly marked, accommodation was at times difficult, and there were few pilgrims walking.
My wife and I are walking it this fall.

Did you do a blog, and is there any other information about your walk you would care to share? We'd love to know more about your experience and would benefit from any advice you may have. How long did it take you?

Sandy Brown, who may be a member, has written an excellent guide which is being edited by Cicerone and should be published in September. Sandy is extremely helpful and has been very generous with his advice and information. His blog is at http://caminoist.org/.

We walked the Cammino di Assisi from Dovadola to Assisi last fall. Sounds like the St. Francis Way will be similar, although I don't think it is nearly as hilly and difficult as the Caminno di Assisi. It was a great pilgrimage, but very hard work.

You can find our daily blog on candmcamino.blospot.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
That's the Franciscans for you. The brand new Ignatian Way set up by Jesuits is just as beautiful but much more organized. :p

You can find our daily blog on candmcamino.blospot.
Thanks for posting your blog; just finished reading it. I really enjoyed it. Sounds like you had quite a tough walk, but persevered! Looking forward to walking the St. Francis Way this fall.

Karl

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I'm starting research on the VF and, having walked the Camino Francés, I wonder how laundry/hand washing facilities and situations compare on the Francigena. I know there are more private...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back