• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Stars over Santiago

William Garza

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, The Jakobsweg
The Stars wheel over the Way to Santiago
Captured forever in some slavel like submission..spinning about the earth
The Sun...
The Moon!...
Also follow..Pilus Primus
Pilus Argento

The stars..miniscule moths gatherd about the skies..testement
Or longing...

Slowly they cast themselves ever westward..chasing what dreams stars may have
Or compulsion...

The sun and moon only ever set when we..stop.

Wheeling o'erhead reminding,mimicking..or are they pilgrims too

Trapped by what gravity that draws all things

Pilgrim on the Way

Whatever gravity draws you toward Santiago
Dont worry the reason
Why...
Or what

In droves...
Wheel below what holds up the stars! so that they always may shine down upon a pilgrim in infinite complementarity.

You are also stars wheeling about in constellation
Beautiful and in perfect harmony with time and place.

Be Blessed Pilgrim on the Way

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Thank you @William Garza and @yaying. The night is full of stars in the southern skies of rural Australia where I live. Here it is easy to see the milky way on clear nights. From now on, the thought that the stars call pilgrims to Santiago will be in my mind every time I look at the milky way.

Your two poems remind me of an earlier post that tells of a medieval legend about the milky way that lights the way to Santiago. The milky way was formed by the dust raised from passing pilgrims. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...eath-the-milky-way-different-languages.36589/

May the three of us and all the rest of us on this forum be pilgrims raising dust to make stars.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
My body it seems...is keeping a certain faith.
I have not given up on the way...life..gets if not in the way? Then another distance between here-and there...

Ive lost inches since coming onto the forum..and weight..i was 350 lbs and niw closer to 300 ide say...
Size 50 bluejeans to 42 in less than a year..so..my body has decided that it better start from the start and lose weight...
Which leads to more energy..which leads to me walking more with less physical stress..which leads to hardening of the feet and muscles...which leads to the means to walk under a different sky
With the smell of different earth
With colors from a distant land
With the sounds of distant birds become clear.

I will walk and take knees before Santiago
A step further along the shortening day of my life.

Lol
We live to around 65 or 70...the menfolk of my family
So the time flies with alarming aclarity these days...
Another year is closing another chapter.

Ultrea!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
@William Garza my imagination is wandering the stars of camino, just in case u have shoot one to share...
now it reminds me of Mr. @jozero @nalod whom photos(i loved the most) reminds me struggle(body pain) while capturing it. I may never see it with my own eyes but thank you of your generosity in sharing it!

I am mesmerized...
Twinkle of Camino Stars...
Meseta at precise...

p.s.
thank u in advance those who will share their Caminos starry nights!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I am mesmerized...
Twinkle of Camino Stars...
Meseta at precise...

p.s.
thank u in advance those who will share their Caminos starry nights!
When I once sailed a sailing yacht from Bermuda to England, I experienced the sky in complete darkness, out on the vast plains of the Atlantic ocean. Absolutely amazing. You will need a spot with NO "light pollution" in order to understand how many stars there are. Maybe a good idea for walking one night on the Meseta... Below is a picture of the more or less SAME segment of the sky in different light settings: Enjoy.

Himmellys.jpg

Up on The Meseta from Castrojeriz, with a full moon, 2 days after Burgos: Not many stars bc of the full moon:

DSCN0011.JPG

Go girl... ;)

Last edited:
Pilgrims are never to be bereft of thier own.
All they have to do is...
Look West
Look up,find the river of stars...

A river centuries and generations deep
Of those who cast the dust up on lonely tramp or amidst companieros
Is it a river? Or the dust of eternity....cast about and fine as diamonds by the steady plod?
A..mirror to the world below..all the luminous souls...afire in hope,burning in desire..despair?

Look west hopeful,deparate wanderer of the Way..mystery to be reread over and again

That is why you are not done.
That...is why you are not done.
That mysterious question\answer\question
Burns......

You can almost touch it in the distance..that muse...
Whispers...
Did you listen? Did to you begin to understand something
Did the glass wash clean right before you walked through the dark portico onto Santiagos doorstep
Is that why you weep?
That terrible...lovely longing for the Camino song
Where the words are clear
The meaning plain to see for eyes that seek
Ears to hear
And a lingering question...,.

Look west..the Way is ever and right under your feet until you find yourself..

Once again on the Way

Pilgrim..dont stop..let your feet take you..even if you dont know the way
They will take you where you need

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Once at the Pilgrim Office in Santiago, go to the Office of Tourism for Galicia, located across the inner courtyard. In that office, look at the wall to the left as you face the office.

On the side wall, there is a huge enlargement of a photograph of the sky over the Camino Frances looking west. IIRC, it was taken on the Meseta, west of Castrojeriz.

It looks strikingly like the last photo posted by Alexwalker above. It is beautiful in its' stark simplicity.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If the Camino de Santiago had an official poet laureate, I would nominate William Garza...

So, when is the book of collected works coming out? Seriously, sport...you really should.
I strongly agree...WHEN is the book coming out William.....I, amongst so many others here on this forum gain SO much inspiration and encouragement through reading your words....perhaps, I shall just begin going through and collecting some more words to add to my growing collection of Camino writing by others....(for my own use though)....Buen Camino all...:)

I wonder
Will the Stars over the Way
Over Santiago de Compostella..grow lonely?

For who else will tell them of this troubles and tarriff of the lives of ordinarily extraordinary peoples on the in the coil

Do they wonder...do you remember me?
We talked when you were a child and the sky..the Sky grew vast of a sudden,and we sat in wonder
Will the stars grow weary of waiting for hopes,prayers,gripes and pleas...

Who Pilgrim
Who will look and wonder at the aeons old river and wonder if winds of time riffle the image..of pilgrims looking kindly upon us mear mortals here below

Who wonders if they will listen?..has never quieted the soul enough to hear.

Will the Stars over Santiago de Compostella grow lonely from lack of companieros...if only the lonely Pilgrim knew
that yon lights are twinkles in past pilgrims eyes..that knowing smile as they look down on you

Or are the stars over head
Glowing footsteps guiding the way home.

Pilgrim...
Follow the steps
As above
So below
Be Blessed

Looking west from,work last evening thinking of others looking west

Attachments

• 1126171816b.jpg
    1126171816b.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
The logical thing for me to do is bring a Kindle, but TBH I like books, and for me leaving electronic gubbins behind while I do the Camino, appeals. I am thinking of taking one book on The...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back