Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

The Story of Portomarín

Bert45

Past OR future Camino
(2003) Francés, (2014) Francés, (2016) Portugués , (2016) Aragonés, (2018) del Norte to Primitivo,
I was sent this link by Galicia Máxica about the building of the dam that created the Belesar Reservoir.
.The video (in black and white) lasts only just over 5 minutes. Unfortunately, for me at least, the commentary is in Spanish, but you can get the gist of it. Seeing the old village half-submerged with the villagers looking on is very sad. You can see them erecting the church of San Nicolás with the numbered blocks.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.
Past OR future Camino
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
Thank you Bert.

A tip on translation of the narration: on the forum's embedded YouTube videos if you click the central arrow the video will play embedded on the current tab but if you click on the video's title instead you end up starting YouTube in its own tab and you have more options on how to watch the video. One of these is the closed captioning (CC) option. For your video you can get CC in Spanish, which may help a little, but sometimes you get get an English translation.

Now, here's a warning. Shortly after viewing your video I used Roku to watch YouTube and YouTube gave me a large number of videos in Spanish to pick from in the category "Ancient" History.

wayfarer

Staff member
Past OR future Camino

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg