• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The trains in Spain are ... ON TIME!

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
So I just had a funny thing happen to me.. .well, funny may not be the word....

I have a reservation for a train to Sahagun from Santiago.
The train is to leave at 9:17 am from Santiago station.

I do not have an alarm clock so I don´t really sleep well, worrying about oversleeping.
But I manage to get myself up at 7 am and am at the train station an hour ahead of time.
I breathe a sigh of relief.

At 9:15 a.m., on the platform from which my train boards, a train appears.
I get on it.
As it pulls out of the station, I realize I am on the WRONG TRAIN!!!
Literally, two minutes before my train was to leave, another train arrived and left...

I had a lovely trip to Vigo.

I now sit in an internet cafe, trying to contact Rebecca, who is going to pick me up at 2 pm.
I won´t be there.

I will take another train at 2:45 to Leon and arrive around 9:45 tonight.
I will have to find lodging and find my way to the Peaceable Kingdom tomorrow.

Boy.. could I use some of that PEACE! ::::cackling::::

Anyway, take care pilgrims... the trains in Spain are ON TIME, unlike those in the USA.
Be sure you are stepping onto YOUR train!

Wel... I wanted to see Vigo anyway... this has certainly been an interesting Camino!

Ciao!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I wanted to add that when I told the "Help Person" that I felt stupid, he told me that they have many people who make this mistake and take the train to Vigo... mostly foreign, of course. But I didn´t feel so bad then :lol:

Annie - you made me laugh. In Scotland we are used to the trains running generally on time from the platform they are supposed to run from - maybe because there aren't all that many of them in the smaller stations I was used to. When I moved to London it was a different matter - here they frequently run late and there are a lot of them...on my way home shortly after I arrived here I ran to the platform to catch the train at 6.30pm - it was there...I had only three stops and home...I jumped on...the door closed and a non stop express train took me all the way to Brighton.

Have a drink and chill :)

John

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Annie - the Hotel Cortes De León is close to the train station and rooms are about 40Euro. I doubt they'll be full today - or tomorrow.

Hotel Cortes de León
Ctra. de Asturias, km. 141. 24008 León
tel. +34 987 272 422 - fax. +34 987 270 030
Reservas: reservas@hotelcortesdeleon.com

Attachments

• Cortes De León.jpg
    Cortes De León.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 513

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back