• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino The Walk -- April 2,3 and 4 -- Just got a good connection

Grogan

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis (April 2015)
Hey All -- still walking and enjoying the adventure -- been tough, but the folks you meet on the way and the sites you see are wonderful -- so quick update.

April 2 -- Puente La Reine to Estella 21.9 km

Not a bad hike, but seemed longer than it should have been -- body pretty sore -- weather perfect -- should have been fun -- but for whatever reason -- was a hard hike -- finally got to Esella - what a really neat town - very, very cool -- Stayed at the Municipal Albergue -- cheap -- basic stuff - lots of the Camino Family -- enjoyed it -- had a big pizza for dinner -- thought about saving a couple of slices for breakfast -- but -nope -- was hungry --great place to stay -- and of course hard to explain about being with your Camino Family.

April 3 -- Estella to Torres Del Rio 28.8 kms

This was a long day -- waited to link up wth a buddy so lost about an hour of hiking time -- Weather Great!! - yep -- got a bit sunburned on this one -- we made pretty good time -- Rolled into Los Arcos where a bunch of folks were staying -- continued on -- lots of people on the Camino -- long Easter Weekend -- lots of Bike riders (no further comment and if you are a Camino Bike Rider -- Bells are good) -- stayed at a Hostal in Torres del Rio -- Hostal Rugal San Andres -- my recommendation -- go somewhere else -- no hot water - service spotty -- am sure some folks have had a good experience -- me not - the albergue 50 meters up the road would have been a better stay -- but -- with that said -- cool town..

April 4 -- Torres Del Rio to Logrono 20.2 k

Easy hike day -- the countryside -- will -- remarkable -- we did it in about 4 1/2 hours with a short stay in Viana -- great town and would recommend it as a place to stay -- I mean very cool -- pushed on to Logrono -- hard to find a place to stay becasue of the long Easter Weekend -- ended up in a Hotel -- Sorry wanted a hot bath : ) -- so was in heaven -- Longrono is a cool town and with this being Easter Weekend -- lots of people.

So far have had no real issues other than the bottom of my feet being reallly sore - along the arch -- not friction burns -- just dull pain -- any recommendation on this would be welcomed -- Beun Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
It's fun to read your update and imagine the places you've been. I wanted to comment on your arches - try this stretch 3 or 4 times - 15-30 seconds each: put one foot directly in front of the other, toes on your back foot nearly touching the heel on your front foot. Then do a squat - bending at the knees and lining up your bum over your back heel and you should feel a nice stretch from the bottom of your foot up through the the back of your heel and up the back of your calf. I had to do this stretch before and after walking. If necessary for balance, hold the back of a chair or put one hand on a wall. I hope it helps; it really seemed to help my sore feet! Keep it up :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It's fun to read your update and imagine the places you've been. I wanted to comment on your arches - try this stretch 3 or 4 times - 15-30 seconds each: put one foot directly in front of the other, toes on your back foot nearly touching the heel on your front foot. Then do a squat - bending at the knees and lining up your bum over your back heel and you should feel a nice stretch from the bottom of your foot up through the the back of your heel and up the back of your calf. I had to do this stretch before and after walking. If necessary for balance, hold the back of a chair or put one hand on a wall. I hope it helps; it really seemed to help my sore feet! Keep it up :)
Thanks much!! -- will give it a try today

smiling, Grogan. if not this, than something - I started with ouchie feet and ended a bit better. Buen Camino, my friend - I hope you find the same.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
How about some cushioned inner sole liners?
and roger -- got them -- today went better -- believe will have to get better arch control -- along with more streching -- but the dogs did good today -- thanks much.

smiling, Grogan. if not this, than something - I started with ouchie feet and ended a bit better. Buen Camino, my friend - I hope you find the same.
Thank you -- great day to be out and about -- Easter in Spain and on the El Camino!

Thanks for the very enjoyable updates. Keep 'em coming!

As for a recommendation on the foot pain, my recommendation is to play it safe and take a rest day. Give it a chance to recuperate a little. Lots of terrain still to cover!
Thanks -- agree and at some point well do that - unfortunately, am on a tight timeline due to work -- but will work in at least a good 1/2 day break - thanks again.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back