• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

THE Way of St JAMES ''is not a path of roses''

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
DVD Video

I've just connected to the site and watched the clip. Memories, sweet memories!
Thanks to the guys - I wish more production houses would put small clips on their websites.

We have an interesting project for this Summer ?August- where we are filming albergues and hospitaleros along the French Way.

This project also involves the promotion of the documentary on the Camino, what we are thinking is to project it on associations and albergues at the same time that we filming and interviewing an aspect of the camino that hasn?t been done on film yet, this is basically the views of hospitaleros, why their doing this work, how they do it, ETC.

Hospitals like in San Nicolas de Puentitero which is run by a religious Italian association, they do the feet-wash (not sure if this is the right translation) of pilgrims who arrive to their hospital (albergue) every day, before dinner they do the mass in this ancient albergue, and just after the mass they wash the pilgrim feet as hospitaleros used to do centuries ago.

The reason behind doing this new documentary is partly cos we have people, pilgrims like you that purchase the dvd and then they like to thank us for the work, (as this is done by an independent studio, meaning, we are not tight to
The Commercial industry.) These people write to us, and they say that it would be very interesting to have a documentary about hospitals, since there are many people who want to do it ones in their life and they?d like to see how it looks and what is expected from then. They know from our work that we get deeply involve in what we do, we like to show things as they are and this is basically the success of this documentaries.

We are currently working on the English version of our website, so people can see what else we?ve been working on the pass.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Dear Jose,

This is a beautiful production, will it be possible to buy it on video and/or DVD?

While watching the clip I felt sorry for the young ladies who had to stop walking the Camino due to the problems with their feet. A preventive measure that worked for me is to rub the soles with rubbing alcohol for at least three months before leaving. The only negative side effect is the ensuing dryness of skin but it never bothered me. However, I still got blisters between the toes. Of course, one must practice walking (on an uneven terrain and preferably with a load) also for at least three months.

HOLA Rebis

The two poor ladies that you are talking about are from France and we meet them on the second stage of the Camino (Pamplona). They had to quit and go back home, they promised to come back this year and try to finish the Pilgrimage.

We meet a lot of people like them while we were filming from Roncesvalles to Santiago, it took us six weeks to reach the relics of the Saint in Compostela.

We are from Spain and we had access to places and people that have been related to the camino for many years like the one sillydoll mention in a previous post, ???the daughter of a camino legend - Felisa from just outside Logroño, who used to sit at a table outside a ramshackled farmhouse, offering "Higos, Agua y Amor" - Figs, Water and Love" as well as a sellos in return for a donation. (Felisa died at age 92 in October 2002).

Perhaps the most remarkable story and the one that we thought raised most admiration, was the Italian Loat family. Travelling by tandem-bicycle from France along with his 3 children of 11, 5 and 2 years. Preparing their pilgrimage for over a year, they completely submerged themselves in the adventure with El Camino de Santiago.

Regarding your question about the purchase of the documentary, you can buy it from our website. We are curretly working on the English version of the site, which should be finished by next week. You can contact me on my email: jose@freehighway.org

http://www.freehighway.org/english/html/index.html
http://www.freehighway.org

Hola Jose,

Many thanks for your reply. I will contact you soon. As for Felisa's daughter, I have also met her in May 2003. She was still using her mother's sello with the motto quoted by you. I remember that the Confraternity's guide for that year muttered darkly about "overpriced drinks" she was selling to the pilgrims which I did not think was very charitable (for the Confraternity, that is.)

Saludos,

Rebis

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
FreeHighway's English link

Jose's website now has an English link. Just click on the Union Jack in the right corner.

It also includes a LINK to other camino related websites.

http://www.freehighway.org

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back