• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The ' Way of St. James ' rose

Hiawatha

Time of past OR future Camino
St Jean Pied de Port - Finisterra 2017
GR70 France 2018
Via Francigena 2019
I walked past beds of beautiful roses called " The Way of St. James ' last year .
I am an enthusiastic rose gardener and so this variety would be a welcome addition to my rose beds and a pleasant reminder of my own Camino , the scent was extraordinary .
I haven't been able to find a supplier in Australia , our strict bio security laws obviously prohibit the importation of plants from overseas so this is not an option .
Has any member Australian found a local supplier for this variety ?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Maybe this isn't of big help as you probably already know this - but there's a rose garden located at the St.James Church in Mortlake, Victoria, Australia. Your profile states Victoria, Australia as your location. This site gives a Mr. Geoff Humble as responsible person who says that his garden has "[...] now over 150 roses, all with some 'churchy' theme". So if anyone can help you, it might be right him. Might be worth a try at least.

A big thank you HaraldS :)

By way of acknowledgement a photograph I took of this rose somewhere between Viana and Burgos . A great shame there is no scent button on my keyboard;)
Way of St James rose.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
It would also be good to know if this rose can be bought in either Spain or the UK. Anyone know please?

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
rose.jpg
Many of these roses on the way out of Logrono.

I recall seeing roses that look like these in various paintings of Santiago. But, I cannot recall which paintings or where I saw them... sorry about that...

I suppose if one mounts a Google or Bing search of paintings of St. James Apostle, the rose might present itself...

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I also loved seeing this rose on my Camino . As an RHS member I have checked their website and it appears not to be available in the UK.
Maybe RHS could encourage the importation of the rose through the link @mspath has posted. :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back