• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

"The Way"

Should I write a bockstory for Captian Sebastian?

• Total voters
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances SJPDP--->SDC (Dates TBD)
Hello All,
I was watching "The Way" for the umpteenth time the other night. I've honestly lost track of how many times I've watched this lovely film. A thought came to me regarding the characters- their individual stories, both before and after they walked along The Way.I was going to start with Tom, then Joost, then Sarah, then Jack (I know, that's how we meet them in the film. It seemed logical). Just thought I'd see what you all thought. I'll post either the stories, or a link to them, as soon as I finish writing and posting them.

Buen Camino, amigos

WanderingChristian

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello All,
I was watching "The Way" for the umpteenth time the other night. I've honestly lost track of how many times I've watched this lovely film. A thought came to me regarding the characters- their individual stories, both before and after they walked along The Way.I was going to start with Tom, then Joost, then Sarah, then Jack (I know, that's how we meet them in the film. It seemed logical). Just thought I'd see what you all thought. I'll post either the stories, or a link to them, as soon as I finish writing and posting them.

Buen Camino, amigos

WanderingChristian
The Way parallel the Wizard of Oz. The box is Toto

I was watching "The Way". A thought came to me regarding the characters- their individual stories, both before and after they walked along The Way.
Just thought I'd see what you all thought.
WanderingChristian
Sounds like a very good idea to me!
Regards
Gerard

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I just re-watched it for the second time since 1913. I'm going to wait a while and see what it's like with commentary on. I highly recommend the book jointly written by Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez. (Sorry daren't leave this page to look up the title. I keep losing my place on this forum!

And this week I read "Carrying Grace..." The author carried a 30 lb pack (!) including the container with her mother's ashes. Very reminiscent of The Way—except the back stories refer to the contentious mother/daughter relationship.

Most read last week in this forum

Mary Colwell’s new book The Gathering Place: A Winter Pilgrimage Through Changing Times. Why did it make the 2024 shortlist of the best travel books? Several of the books on the shortlist are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back