• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The 'what now?' question after the Camino: a resource

NadineK

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2014)
Norte/Primitivo (2015)
San Salvador (2016)
Le Puy-Cahors (2017)
Aragonés (2019)
Hi pilgrims!

I recently wrote a little e-book called 'After the Camino'. I've been thinking of doing something like this for the past 3 years, ever since I returned from the Camino Frances in 2014 (and since then, I've been back to walk the Norte, Primitivo, San Salvador, and two weeks on Le Puy... like so many here, it's safe to say I'm hooked).

I really struggled after returning from that first Camino; all I wanted was to be back in Spain, to be walking, to be surrounded by that beautiful community. It was so hard for me to figure out how to integrate the lessons I'd learned and the simplicity that filled my soul when I was on the Camino, into my real life back home. I wasn't sure what or where 'real life' was anymore.

I've figured out a few things over the years, but it's all still a work in progress. However, in the meantime, I decided to work on this little book and now that it's finished and (somewhat) formatted, I wanted to offer it to anyone who might find it helpful. Click here for the link to the book: there is no charge for the book but I do ask that you provide your email in order to receive it (you'll get a second email, and it may take a few minutes to arrive in your inbox).

The book is divided into chapters that each focus on a particular aspect: food, memories, walking, simplicity, attention, Camino families, etc. Reading it can act as a walk down memory lane (so, even if you're fairly adjusted in your post-Camino life, it could still be a fun read!). But my hope is that it may contain something helpful for those who might need it as well.

I'm grateful to the community here, and so happy to share this little resource.

Buen Camino!
Nadine

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi pilgrims!

I recently wrote a little e-book called 'After the Camino'. I've been thinking of doing something like this for the past 3 years, ever since I returned from the Camino Frances in 2014 (and since then, I've been back to walk the Norte, Primitivo, San Salvador, and two weeks on Le Puy... like so many here, it's safe to say I'm hooked).

I really struggled after returning from that first Camino; all I wanted was to be back in Spain, to be walking, to be surrounded by that beautiful community. It was so hard for me to figure out how to integrate the lessons I'd learned and the simplicity that filled my soul when I was on the Camino, into my real life back home. I wasn't sure what or where 'real life' was anymore.

I've figured out a few things over the years, but it's all still a work in progress. However, in the meantime, I decided to work on this little book and now that it's finished and (somewhat) formatted, I wanted to offer it to anyone who might find it helpful. Click here for the link to the book: there is no charge for the book but I do ask that you provide your email in order to receive it (you'll get a second email, and it may take a few minutes to arrive in your inbox).

The book is divided into chapters that each focus on a particular aspect: food, memories, walking, simplicity, attention, Camino families, etc. Reading it can act as a walk down memory lane (so, even if you're fairly adjusted in your post-Camino life, it could still be a fun read!). But my hope is that it may contain something helpful for those who might need it as well.

Buen Camino!
Nadine
Thankyou for sharing by the way.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thank you, Nadine!
I have read the introduction and I like it...

I want to read the rest of the e-book after my camino... so I have to wait some months...

Thanks Nadine, I have enjoyed your writing and photography over the past 2 years via ''NadineWalks''.
I read the ebook last night and as always, impressed by your easy style.
Keep up the good work!
Davie
PS : When is the Novel due to be published? :D

Thanks Nadine, I have only been back for under a week from my Camino Frances and am struggling to adjust to life at home. Your book has helped me in many ways. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.
I have enjoyed reading your blog leading up to my walk. I too am already planning my next one.
Karen

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I’m eager to read any insight as to the post Camino struggle. I need some suggestions

I hope some of these suggestions help!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, probably
Thank you, Nadine!
I have read the introduction and I like it...

I want to read the rest of the e-book after my camino... so I have to wait some months...

Yes, probably best to wait until after you've walked... but now you have something waiting for you when you return! Enjoy this pre-Camino time, there was a such a beautiful anticipation to the months leading up to a first Camino. :)

Thanks Nadine, I have enjoyed your writing and photography over the past 2 years via ''NadineWalks''.
I read the ebook last night and as always, impressed by your easy style.
Keep up the good work!
Davie
PS : When is the Novel due to be published? :D

Thank you so much, Davie, and it's also so great to hear that you're one of my blog readers... I love you guys!! (and thanks for the nudge on my book... it's slow going, but I'm chipping away!)

Thanks Nadine, I have only been back for under a week from my Camino Frances and am struggling to adjust to life at home. Your book has helped me in many ways. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.
I have enjoyed reading your blog leading up to my walk. I too am already planning my next one.
Karen

Hi Karen, wow, you're so fresh off of your Camino! It helped me to find quiet pockets of time wherever I could... time to just breathe, to notice the trees, to feel the air. Thank you so much for reading and following along with my blog, and I'm sure we'll continue to connect. What are your thoughts on your next Camino??

Hi Karen, wow, you're so fresh off of your Camino! It helped me to find quiet pockets of time wherever I could... time to just breathe, to notice the trees, to feel the air. Thank you so much for reading and following along with my blog, and I'm sure we'll continue to connect. What are your thoughts on your next Camino??
Nadine, I missed the ocean so thinking of Camino del Norte or Camino Portuguese just a though at the moment, probably next year. Once again thank you for the book. I will continue to read this as I navigate my way back to my life after my amazing Camino.

Hi pilgrims!

Buen Camino!
Nadine
Halloooo!!! I clicked at that link,gave my e mail but I haven't received anything yet!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Halloooo!!! I clicked at that link,gave my e mail but I haven't received anything yet!

Yes, there's a double confirmation involved (so complicated, I know!!)... but there should be another email that comes in after a few minutes, with the link to the book. Please let me know if you don't get it, and I can get the book to you another way. :)

Yes, there's a double confirmation involved (so complicated, I know!!)... but there should be another email that comes in after a few minutes, with the link to the book. Please let me know if you don't get it, and I can get the book to you another way. :)
Ok I tried again now and I am waiting to see if I will receive the mail!
I will let you know!! Thank you!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Got it! Thank you! Can't wait to read it! Anything connected to the way is a blessing!!
Take care!!!

Hi pilgrims!

Buen Camino!
Nadine
Thanks a million Nadine! I've got the book. xx

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I've spent more time as hospitalero than walking/biking on the trails, but since I have to leave Schengen this month, I am already getting a bit sad. So thanks for this.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you Nadine, I really enjoyed the book!

Most read last week in this forum

My father read a book about the Camino written by a Catholic Priest from a small town in Europe. The book was fairly detailed in capturing life of pilgrim. We have perused all pics of books on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back