• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Theft in Pamplona

Marie

Hi everyone,
Been having a fantastic trip up until last night. My friend jayne and I stayed in the municipal alberque in Pamplona. At around 9.30pm Jayne went to use the phone and put her bag on the table beside her. Within 5 minutes it was gone. It contained her phone, money and credit card.

The money can be replaced and the card has been stopped, but her mobile phone which was two years old was a present from her 19 year old son who died 18 months ago and contained photographs and messages from him. The phone is worth nothing but obviously it is priceless to Jayne.
We have met many Angels along this route, but this has really disheartened us. I know she should not have put it down, but when you have Nun´s wandering around the last thing you wuld think is someone pinching your bag from right next to you.
If you are the person that took this bag....SHAME ON YOU! Keep the money, but please get the phone back to us somehow...
Sorry such a negative post.

Marie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Sorry, really sorry to hear of the loss. Losses r always diff to deal with. Best, xm 8)

I am deeply touched by this. I sincerely hope that person, whoever she or he may be, will give it back to you either personnaly or by leaving it somewhere so you can get it back.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
So very sorry to hear this. I sincerely hope your friend gets her phone back. Please tell her our thoughts are with her and you. Best wishes, Shell x

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks for you good wishes. My friend went home, she was so upset and nothing I could do or say could console her. It probably wasn´t her time to do the Camino.

I am in Los Arcos, the weather is beautiful. It is so very busy. Last night I had to sleep on the floor as all the alberques in Estella was full to bursting. It was only an Angel that I met who could speak spanish talked to the people and they let me in.
This is one amazing trip!

Marie

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.