• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Theft...

Espee84

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 2018
VdlP 2019
2020 Hatching plans
Theft reported in Casar de Cáceres yesterday (18th April). Pilgrim had money and passport stolen. Not sure if this is at all useful - but at least a warning to stay vigilant.

VdlP is also insanely busy - real struggle finding accommodation.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thanks for the warning. Sometimes we aren’t as vigilant as we should be.
Yes ., I’ve noticed people are having to get ferried along in a few places. I think it’s mainly due to the Easter break. Rather I’m hoping that is the case. I’m planning to be in Casar de Cáceres in 2 days.
Was this at his accommodation or elsewhere?
Where did you stay there?
Annie

Yes ., I’ve noticed people are having to get ferried along in a few places. I think it’s mainly due to the Easter break. Rather I’m hoping that is the case. I’m planning to be in Casar de Cáceres in 2 days.
Annie
@OzAnnie , this albergue in Casár de Cáseres was the worst place I stayed on my VdlP in 2011. I arrived on a Sunday and the albergue was not cleaned, dirty and full of garbage, 2 showers and toilets to 30 people, people were sleeping in the small kitchen too. If I go back I would book at the Casa Rural on the entrance to town. The youngsters in town also seemed to have the plaza outside the albergue as the partying place so it was a bit noisy as well. It might have been like that since it was a musical festival for youth in Cáseres the night before and most peregrinos had to go on to Casár de Cáseres because there were nowhere to stay in Cáseres, but anyway it was really bad. Hope you have a nice time! Would love to go back! Buen camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Annie
I didn’t stay in Casar de Caceres as I had to stay two nights in Cáceres before I could move on (no beds!) The theft happened in the municipal albergue - and incidentally the friends who told me also said it was ‘un desastre’...

Most read last week in this forum

Something a little unusual on the Spanish news websites today. Two pilgrims forced to climb an oak tree to escape from a cow defending her calf. Apparently they called the Guardia Civil from their...
Hello, I am researching the Sanabrés and have discovered that since the AVE construction is complete, this section from Requejo to Padornelo has a new route available along the Requejo River. Our...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back