A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Then & Now

Camino(s) past & future
Various (‘12, ‘13, ‘15, ‘16, ‘18)
It is well documented the Camino Frances has experienced an incredible investment in renovation/new alburgues, tiendas, bars, restaurants and other facilities during the past years. Has anyone or group collected photos from earlier years (since the turn of this century) or perhaps there are two or three blogs that can best share this earlier time photos with memories?

The CF has changed significantly and I believe many pilgrims would enjoy reviewing the early photos/blogs and comparing them to their own Camino photos and memories.

Thanks, in advance, for sharing and being pioneer peligrinos/peligrinas.

Mike

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Last edited:

Hurry Krishna

Indian on the Way
Camino(s) past & future
2009 (from Sarria), 2014 from St Jean Pied de Port, 2016 from Porto, 2018 from Le Puy to Santiago.
I loved your account of how the modern Compostela credential came to be designed. Do you know why the stopped giving certificates to those who had driven rather than waked/ridden? What was the official justification??

Hurry Krishna

Indian on the Way
Camino(s) past & future
2009 (from Sarria), 2014 from St Jean Pied de Port, 2016 from Porto, 2018 from Le Puy to Santiago.
Five million tourists a year in Santiago would make the task impossible.
Indeed :) But was there an official reason given for stopping the certification of those who drove?

notion900

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
>
Here's a starter for 10. San Bol albergue had no electricity, running water (only a spring) or mains drainage. There was a rather brutally named compost toilet, but it didn't work, so people had to crap in the field out the back:

P1000322.JPG

Hurry Krishna

Indian on the Way
Camino(s) past & future
Is this from 2007? ? Very funny. I am just in the midst of writing a blog on toilets :) May I quote this?

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%