• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

There's never a cross word on the Camino...

miguel_gp

Veteran Member
Just as a bit of fun, I’ve compiled a Camino-themed crossword puzzle which is available as an embedded image below.

The answers to the clues are based on Camino routes and places or basic Spanish (or French) words, with on the most part some sort of link to the Camino. I'm not clever enough to make it interactive so I'm afraid you will need to save and print off the image to fill in the grid.

I’ve never tried to compile a crossword before so I hope that the clues work ok for any of you that atempt to solve it.

As I say, just for fun, no prizes I’m afraid :roll: . I’ll post the solution up some time tomorrow. Enjoy and Good Luck!
Mig

Across

1 Sorry, did I misread this town on the Portugues (6)
4 Good Camino route for a mixed-up individual (6)
8 Galician river, that's borderline! (4)
9 You're never greeted with a good ONE of these (3)
10 Commanded to ¡come on! (5)
11 The definitive, feminine article (2)
15 City on a primitive route (6)
16 The final destination, but not the end of the world (8)
17 Alas, a bus company serving many routes (4)
20 It’s a Spanish law (3)
21 Me, I'd break that toy in two (2)
23 A lion from the north is home to a hotel Mr. Sheen would be proud of (4)
25 You, rather informally (2)
26 Beyond Finisterre (3)
29 Town in Galicia on the VdlP, famed for bread (3)
30 Start of the Portugues in Spain (3)
31 Simon says Yes (2)
32 They are, are they? (3)
33 Go, get a verb ending (2)
34 The Spanish Court, shopped in by the English maybe (5)
35 Potato, onion and egg tapa (8)
36 Delivered with the toot of a horn (3)

Down

1 A place to try a run through, what a load of bull! (8)
2 More than one water course (4)
3 Oh it’s nothing, really! (4)
4 A man leading the way on the forum (4)
5 The way a Valenciano may take (7)
6 A city so nice, it’s in here twice (8)
7 The fastest way to train in Spain (5)
12 Quite a feat, putting them one in front of the other (4)
13 One way, to guarantee not to return (3)
14 Not permitted to enter Spain, it’s the end of the Portugues for you then (7)
18 Sounds like someone set fire to this French bed (3)
19 He has a bit of an accent, but doesn't sound like heaven (2)
20 Him, well it doesn't sound like he's high up (2)
22 Discovered, or u seen a place to get a hot bath on the VdlP (7)
24 Green may well have recommended this holy accommodation on the VdlP (6)
26 Eastern mates are mixed up, it’s plain (6)
27 Spanish lady friend (5)
28 Its boiling at the fair for this cephalopod (5)
29 With an American inmate (3)
31 Abbreviated Spanish compass point, sounds like you said you’ll get stitched up (2)
34 Colin would lead you up to this French pass (3)

:?

Attachments

• CaminoCrossword.JPG
    CaminoCrossword.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,060
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks Miguel, we had a lot of fun. The only ones we couldn't get were the VdlP places.
Are you planning another sometime?
TerryB and Tia Valeria

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Loved it. A lot of work much appreciated. Maybe you have thrown down a gauntlet? Anyone else wanna have a go? I'm already thinking of some clues...

It has been a while since I did one of these but there may be some newer members who wish to try their hand?

Basically it is a Camino-themed crossword, using Spanish or English words and also places on the Camino(s). I'm an amateur at this so I hope that the clues work ok :eek:

No prizes I'm afraid. The solution will be posted up in a day or two.

¡Buena Suerte!
Mig

Camino_Xword.jpg

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Idea for the next one: arrange the words so that the negative space creates the Santiago cross!!!!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Forgive me if already in a thread somewhere, but any search for the above brings up basically every post ever written! Did anyone get to see the premiere? Dying to know what it's like as the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back