• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Thermolite sleeping bag liner. OK to use w/o bag?

musicagl

Time of past OR future Camino
Part 1 - May 2011
Part 2 - May 2012
Part 3 - June 2014
Finisterre (for mom) Fall 2016
Hi:

I'm considering using my Thermolite sleeping bag liner as my sleep sack and not bringing my lightweight down bag at all. Has anyone else used a Thermolite liner as their sleeping bag on the Camino? I'm finishing my three year Camino this June - going Leon to Santiago. Any advice would be welcome.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I would say yes. I walked the Camino last July and August and did not see the need for a sleeping bag 99% of the time. The liner is a lot smaller and lighter and would be perfectly adequate. The albergues I stayed in were all heated and not at all cold, drafty buildings and a lot of nights on the Camino were not all that chilly that time of year.
I think the most important role the liner would play is hygienic as well. Keeping you off the mattress, although most albergues give you a disposabal mattress cover when you check in.

@musicagl - did you take the Reactor in the end, or did you take a sleeping bag? My down bag is very light but my liner which is similar to the Reactor but also insect repellent is less than half the weight and very comfortable (I am sitting in it now). :D I normally walk in September but was hoping to be able to do a week or two this summer with minimal pack weight. Also anyone else who has done the Camino with a polyester type bag instead of cotton or silk - what are the pros and cons?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.