Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Thesis about volunteering on the Camino

fatimekepka

Past OR future Camino
I would like to walk the Camino after Covid-19.
Hi!

My name is Fatime Kepka and I am a hungarian student. I am attending a hungarian university in Budapest and I am writing my thesis about motivations and expectations of volunteers on the Camino. I made a questionnaire for the volunteers. Please, if you are/were a volunteer on the Camino fill it out, so I can finish my thesis. You need about 10 minutes to do it.

Here is the link in english:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...214okeqIuEcviwXbcb01EMVg/viewform?usp=sf_link

And in spanish:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...vtzUBcGvMBCS93dzBKFKYhIn6l_w3RDEuyJjvx77SkhYM

Thank you so much for your help!

Fatime :)

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
Very interesting and not prying with personal questions. I hope you post the results of your thesis.

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Past OR future Camino
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
I am not going to attend your study, but here is my simple take on it:

Last May/June I was 2 weeks a volunteer in the Pilgrim's office in Santiago. Very rewarding for me to serve there. I will do it again in a heartbeat. Will also easily volunteer in certain albergues if asked to do so.

Why?

Payback time; giving back a little of what my many Camino(s) have given to me throughout many years. Just my mindset: Easy, natural & rewarding.

Past OR future Camino
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Hola @fatimekepka , Had this COVID19 not interfered I would have been able to answer your questionnaire.
However as I have not been a Camino Volunteer I feel I can not answer "honestly". I will say this - the reasons I applied to be a volunteer were to "give back" to my fellow pilgrims and the people of Spain and to use the opportunity to improve my Spanish. Best of luck with your thesis. Oh and yes it would be very much appreciated if you could publish a summary of the survey results. Cheers

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Past OR future Camino
SJPP2Santiago completed (Sept.15, 2018).
I am not going to attend your study, but here is my simple take on it:

Last May/June I was 2 weeks a volunteer in the Pilgrim's office in Santiago. Very rewarding for me to serve there. I will do it again in a heartbeat. Will also easily volunteer in certain albergues if asked to do so.

Why?

Payback time; giving back a little of what my many Camino(s) have given to me throughout many years. Just my mindset: Easy, natural & rewarding.
Same as Alex. I was a volunteer in the Pilgrims Office in August 2019 for two weeks. It was an exceptional opportunity to serve/give back to the Camino for all it has given me. This forum/the pilgrims...a very neat group of humanity. Serve/Give/Grow.

Pia Valbak Schmidt

Pilgrim, DK, Caminos 2007,09,11,12,13,14.15,16,18
Past OR future Camino
2007,2009,2011,2012,2013,2014.2015,2016,2018. Hospitalera 2012,2013,2014,2016,2017
Hi!

My name is Fatime Kepka and I am a hungarian student. I am attending a hungarian university in Budapest and I am writing my thesis about motivations and expectations of volunteers on the Camino. I made a questionnaire for the volunteers. Please, if you are/were a volunteer on the Camino fill it out, so I can finish my thesis. You need about 10 minutes to do it.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...214okeqIuEcviwXbcb01EMVg/viewform?usp=sf_link

And in spanish:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...vtzUBcGvMBCS93dzBKFKYhIn6l_w3RDEuyJjvx77SkhYM

I have filled in the questionnaire, good luck with your work:)

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

gmag

Past OR future Camino
frances 1998, 2000, 2013
Hi!

And in spanish:

Hello Fetima, I am glad that you believed me.

Like I told you, in this forum you would find the best answers, from the best pilgrims, the most enthusiastic and those most willing to help in anything related to the Camino de Santiago. It is the best forum in the world, sure!.

The albergues are closed, but the Camino is still open at the Forum Ivar.

Maxy

Maxy
Past OR future Camino
Norte 2018 cycle
Good luck with your thesis - survey submitted. Made me think again about my experiences both on the Camino and volunteering and the overall joy of meeting so many pilgrims - thank you all.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads