• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Thinking about Peregrinos..

Jan_89

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés: July/August 2014

Camino Francés: May/June 2017
It's a half year I walked El Camino and I'm thinking about it all the time, also about Peregrinos who I met.. I have a lot of contacts, but sometimes thinking about people who I talked, said hello to them or something and have no e-mails.. What they do now? :) Something happens in my real life and this moment reminds me them and some funny story. It's sad that I never meet them again! You know what I mean.. But life goes on!

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Facebook is your friend there! Look at the people your Camino FB friends have recently befriended and you might just find a lot of lost friends! SY

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It's a half year I walked El Camino and I'm thinking about it all the time, also about Peregrinos who I met.. I have a lot of contacts, but sometimes thinking about people who I talked, said hello to them or something and have no e-mails.. What they do now? :) Something happens in my real life and this moment reminds me them and some funny story. It's sad that I never meet them again! You know what I mean.. But life goes on!

BUEN CAMINO! ;)

I walked last May-June and met some awesome people but I also don't have their contact details so I figure I should walk again this May and I might meet some more. I'd love to meet Anne the psychoanalyst from England and Earl from California!!! Go walk again my friend and make more compadres. Helen

I am in the Cayman Islands diving, which I dearly love to do but I am checking the forum several times a day to see what is happening. I leave for SJPdP on April 27th and it can't get here quick enough. It is all I think about. I think I got in the wrong line when God was giving out patience when it comes to this adventure. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Stephen

I am in the Cayman Islands diving, which I dearly love to do but I am checking the forum several times a day to see what is happening. I leave for SJPdP on April 27th and it can't get here quick enough. It is all I think about. I think I got in the wrong line when God was giving out patience when it comes to this adventure. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Stephen
Great! Enjoy every single step there! And for sure BUEN CAMINO! ;)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I know what you mean about all those people you don't have contact info for. I there were so many of them for me. I just kept thinking, "Oh, I'll get an e-mail or add them on facebook later. I'm sure I'll see them again!" But then you don't.

I wonder about Mary Ann. I thought we'd see her again in Zubiri, but she wasn't there and no one else I met had heard of her. I like to think she just powered on ahead and got to Santiago in about 3 weeks!

I think about Charles too. He said he posts here, but I don't know his user name and so far, I haven't been able to find him. I hope he passed the Bar exam.

I met an Irish couple who were doing the Camino in sections. This time, it was from Leon to Sarria. And they brought her father along for this trip. They were so fun to run into, especially the husband. "I love that man, but he just doesn't ever shut up! There's got to be some sort of indulgence for walking the Camino with your father-in-law!" I suppose this will be the year they make it to Santiago!

There was a young couple I met, who had no problems with PDA's. Ah, to be young and in love! I want to say they were from Belgium, but I'm not 100% on that.

The two German girls who knew my name but for the life of me, I couldn't remember theirs!

There was Fred, who was as Irish as the day is long. Last I heard of him, he had foot problems. I really hope he made it!

And the Canadian fellow, who I walked with up to the grocery store in Ponferrada. I hope he made it too.

And then there is Liuba and Martin. Now, I never actually met either of them, or if I did, I didn't know it. But for anyone that walked when I did, no doubt you saw Liuba's messages on athletic tape, stuck to various signs along the way. I was always a day behind Liuba and everytime I saw one of her notes, I couldn't help but think that if I was this Martin guy, I'd do whatever I could to catch up to her!

It's been almost a year since I walked. And people like these are in my thoughts daily.

I believe the camino brings out the wonderful qualities of so many people.

Simple living, spiritual purpose, exercise and, that elusive element, time - they all allow peregrinos to realise this!

buen camino

I am in the Cayman Islands diving, ...

Sitting here in Central Europe with its ugly, grey, wet, cold, miserable weather it is hard for me to feel pity for you :cool: but I can understand your impatience to go on the Camino!
Buen Camino! SY

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
SY, I am from southern Alabama in the US. We are right on the Gulf of Mexico so our winter coats are wind breakers. We don't really have a winter like most people are used to having. I went to Montana in the Rocky Mountains before Christmas to visit my youngest daughter and two of my grandchildren and it was snowing and down to 18 F so I was able to test how my gear worked by layering. I am fortunate to live in an area where I can do all the things I love outside year round. I have also been fortunate to have met and become friends with some really great people who help enrich my life beyond measure. One of the main attractions of the Camino for me is the possibility of meeting people from all over the world and learning about them. There is a reason I am being drawn to this adventure and the excitement of discovering what is before me. I am rich in so many ways that don't have anything to do with money or things and I am hoping to add to my "bank account" while on the journey. Thank you for all your and everyone's advice and guidance during my planning and I hope to maybe meet some of you along the way. Buen Camino !!! Stephen

I know what you mean about all those people you don't have contact info for. I there were so many of them for me. I just kept thinking, "Oh, I'll get an e-mail or add them on facebook later. I'm sure I'll see them again!" But then you don't.

I wonder about Mary Ann. I thought we'd see her again in Zubiri, but she wasn't there and no one else I met had heard of her. I like to think she just powered on ahead and got to Santiago in about 3 weeks!

I think about Charles too. He said he posts here, but I don't know his user name and so far, I haven't been able to find him. I hope he passed the Bar exam.

I met an Irish couple who were doing the Camino in sections. This time, it was from Leon to Sarria. And they brought her father along for this trip. They were so fun to run into, especially the husband. "I love that man, but he just doesn't ever shut up! There's got to be some sort of indulgence for walking the Camino with your father-in-law!" I suppose this will be the year they make it to Santiago!

There was a young couple I met, who had no problems with PDA's. Ah, to be young and in love! I want to say they were from Belgium, but I'm not 100% on that.

The two German girls who knew my name but for the life of me, I couldn't remember theirs!

There was Fred, who was as Irish as the day is long. Last I heard of him, he had foot problems. I really hope he made it!

And the Canadian fellow, who I walked with up to the grocery store in Ponferrada. I hope he made it too.

And then there is Liuba and Martin. Now, I never actually met either of them, or if I did, I didn't know it. But for anyone that walked when I did, no doubt you saw Liuba's messages on athletic tape, stuck to various signs along the way. I was always a day behind Liuba and everytime I saw one of her notes, I couldn't help but think that if I was this Martin guy, I'd do whatever I could to catch up to her!

It's been almost a year since I walked. And people like these are in my thoughts daily.
The same for me! But who knows maybe one day our paths will cross again..

LOL... here in Quebec, Canada it is full winter weather. We are averaging -25C these days and let me tell you it is darn cold!! I'd rather be on the Camino for sure :eek:) But I do a lot of cross-country skiing in the mountains here (Gatineau Park) and it is like going on a small Camino for a couple of hours!! Beautiful paths, smiling people, peace.... I think about it all the time when I am skiing out there. Planing to go back in aboout a year,.... Take care everybody and have an awesome time to all those heading out on the Way this year. ENJOY....

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
LOL... here in Quebec, Canada it is full winter weather. We are averaging -25C these days and let me tell you it is darn cold!! I'd rather be on the Camino for sure :eek:) But I do a lot of cross-country skiing in the mountains here (Gatineau Park) and it is like going on a small Camino for a couple of hours!! Beautiful paths, smiling people, peace.... I think about it all the time when I am skiing out there. Planing to go back in aboout a year,.... Take care everybody and have an awesome time to all those heading out on the Way this year. ENJOY....
Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 12.57.19 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 12.57.34 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 12.57.54 PM.png

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.