A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Thinking of discontinuing the "Forum App"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Caminho Português da Costa (Fall 2018)
T
For those of you who will transition from the App to a browser on an iPhone, you can add an App-like Forum icon to your Home Screen:

1. Open your favorite Forum page in a browser.

2. Tap the center icon on the screen. This icon looks like an arrow rising from a square (see image).

3. Tap add to Home Screen (see image).

View attachment 12556 View attachment 12557
hank you! That worked like a charm

DameBabs

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Primitivo, first trip To begin on or about September 1st from Oviedo to Santiago
Dear all,

I am considering discontinuing the Camino forum app (the one that can be downloaded for iOS and Android, links at the bottom of this page). There are a few reasons:
  • The forum is now optimized for mobile devices and you can visit it in the browser.
  • The App does not include the new sections we have created in the forum like the Calendar, the Camino Resource Section and the Photo album. This leads to confusion among users, since the App users can not see everything that is available on the website. Also links to the "User Settings" that are posted in the forum, will not work in the app since the settings there are accessed in a different way.
  • The app cost me money each month, and although I do have ads on it, it does not cover the cost of the app.
I have pretty much made my mind up, but I wanted to hear from users that are currently using the app... would you be ok with going back to using the website http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/ in your mobile webbrowser instead of the app?

Thanks for your feedback!
Ivar
How do I get the app? I signed up with you and made a donation to be sure, but I still can't put it on my phone...any techies out there that can help me?

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
How do I get the app? I signed up with you and made a donation to be sure, but I still can't put it on my phone...any techies out there that can help me?
Hi there,

So the app where you can browse the forum is gone. Now you just to to the website https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/ on your tablet/phone and that's it.

The Camino Places App can be found here:
https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=967223708&mt=8

Thanks for your donation!
Ivar

Fredlinton

Camino(s) past & future
Sept 2015
Dear all,

I am considering discontinuing the Camino forum app (the one that can be downloaded for iOS and Android, links at the bottom of this page). There are a few reasons:
  • The forum is now optimized for mobile devices and you can visit it in the browser.
  • The App does not include the new sections we have created in the forum like the Calendar, the Camino Resource Section and the Photo album. This leads to confusion among users, since the App users can not see everything that is available on the website. Also links to the "User Settings" that are posted in the forum, will not work in the app since the settings there are accessed in a different way.
  • The app cost me money each month, and although I do have ads on it, it does not cover the cost of the app.
I have pretty much made my mind up, but I wanted to hear from users that are currently using the app... would you be ok with going back to using the website http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/ in your mobile webbrowser instead of the app?

Ivar
Would have been nice to know before I bought the app

Advertisment

Urban Trekker

Happy Trails
Camino(s) past & future
English Camino (2013)
Portuguese Camino (2014)
French Camino (2016)
Way of Saint Francis April 2017
The app mentioned in this post was free, but has not been available for over 1 year. The app now for sale is different app and is working just fine.

Sorry for the confusion!
Ivar
So it's a apple only app?

Urban Trekker

Happy Trails
Camino(s) past & future
English Camino (2013)
Portuguese Camino (2014)
French Camino (2016)
Way of Saint Francis April 2017
When can we expect one for android :)

Camino(s) past & future
CF April/May (2016), starting in St. Palais, France
You can just uninstall the forum app since it is no longer in use. Access the forum by using this link:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/
..in Chrome (or your mobile browser).
For android phones, you can add an icon to your home screen (and then move it to any other screen) by doing the following:
1. With the above link open in your browser, tap the line of three dots in the upper right corner.
2. Tap "Add to Home Screen"

Camino(s) past & future
2012, 2015 ,2017
Dear all,

Ivar
Makes no difference to me Ivar... have not used the app. Ingrid

Camino(s) past & future
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean 2017.
As a very late adopter of thr iPad, I have not used the app. In fact it was some weeks after I started travelling and using the web browser. So I will not miss what I have not experienced. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%