Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

This is kind of "Live from the Camino" but it's not me... interesting story

2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Perhaps this falls under "Can I walk the camino with my dog/donkey/cat...?"

That was posted in a Camino FB group the other day. I wonder if any forum members currently on the Camino have seen him.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
We have a past forum member who travels and roams with two donkeys, two dogs, a cat, a chicken, and a falcon. When on the road they live in an old fashioned covered wagon he built. He recently has been posting on youtube (Nomadpack) and he is quite interesting to follow.

Mary Paterson

Past OR future Camino
We are walking the "voie de capitales" from mont st michel to santiago. We are the slowest pilgrims only able to do four days a year at the moment ....but taking each beautiful step at at time.
Hi Faye!
Ivie, my husband and I, passed him on Saturday 11th September, just outside Azofra. As we headed out of the village, we saw him being interviewed by the police. They were there politely asking him for his documents. The goats were having a great time eating anything in their sights. The donkeys were taking advantage of the rest, and the dog was sniffing at everything including the police!!!!
We continued to the edge of the motorway, and Ivie spotted him about 100 yards behind us, before disappearing up to his left into scrubland!!!! We saw quite a few police vehicles up and down the route that day!!!!
I was more concerned with a young Italian lady called Moleta. We met her outside Castildelgado, having mislaid all her documents! I hope she found them. Did anyone here meet her?

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Past OR future Camino
To Santiago and back (roads & paths; Tours; Francés; sea; roads & paths)
About the first guy, the Frenchman Pierre with 7 goats and 3 donkeys in Spain ... I wondered what has happened in the meantime. Usually these stories hit the news for a few days and then you never hear anything about it. Not in this case. There was a follow-up recently in Spanish media, see links below for example. Amusing and informative reading. In short: Pierre and his herd are still on the move but not on the Camino Francés. It is not known what his destination is ... if he has one, says one of the articles.

He was seen near the Puerto de Cotos in the Sierra de Guadarrama - is that close to Madrid?

Last edited:

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Kathar1na,
Puerto de Cotos in the Sierra de Guadarrama is roughly 60km NW of Madrid.
Carpe diem!

Last edited:

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances