• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino This Sailor is Underway

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Infinito
Ya me voy [I am off then].

Departing to the land of my ancestors to start my camino. Flying to Madrid; Pamplona by train; SJPP by bus, and staying at Beilari 9/25-9/26. Getting underway on 9/27, with an overnighter at Orisson, and continuing slowly on a westerly course on 9/28. In the past few months I have communicated with various forum members via private conversation, I consider you the Good Samaritan, thanks for your ideas, tips, and support [you know who you are]. I will TRY to post updates [in this thread] if/when I can, using my cell. I look forward to meeting you in the camino or in Santiago de Compostela.

God bless you, que la brillante luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ya me voy [I am off then].

Departing to the land of my ancestors to start my camino. Flying to Madrid; Pamplona by train; SJPP by bus, and staying at Beilari 9/25-9/26. Getting underway on 9/27, with an overnighter at Orisson, and continuing slowly on a westerly course on 9/28. In the past few months I have communicated with various forum members via private conversation, I consider you the Good Samaritan, thanks for your ideas, tips, and support [you know who you are]. I will TRY to post updates [in this thread] if/when I can, using my cell. I look forward to meeting you in the camino or in Santiago de Compostela.

God bless you, que la brillante luz de Dios alumbre su camino.
That's exactly the way I started out September 1st 2015. May meet some other pilgrim on the train like I did and split a taxi. Met 3 pilgrims taxi between us 4 25 euro. Beilari is awesome and orisson is a wonderful first stop. 3 1/2 hours to 4 do plan accordingly. My bag was late so even though is arrived at 2 pm I scampered straight up and I mean straight up to orisson. So glad I divided Day 1 into two. Then you have 10 km jump on the pilgrims day 2 and will arrive in toncevellas around 2 well in advance of the next days pilgrims.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Camino update. Arrived with five hours delay due to international flight equipment problems. Lost my renfe train and my Alda bus. Took another train, arriving Pamplona at about 1830 local. A Good Samaritan from Spain was heading to Roncesvalles and we split a taxi ride saving the day for us, arriving on time for the pilgrim's meal, our first camino miracle. Gorgeous day today. Underway to Orisson tomorrow and expecting the good weather to continue. Thanks everyone for your inputs. Que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Slow camino update. St Jean to Orisson was gorgeous with no rain. Orisson to Roncesvalles also gorgeous with no rain. Roncesvalles to Larrosoana was hot hot hot at the end. Made it to historic Pamplona before noon today under cloudy skies and some rain. To all caminantes que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Wet camino update. Made it to Puente La Reina, wet and cold at Alto del Perdon, with low-vis due to fog. When will the Camino de Piedra end? I am beginning to see rocks in my dreams! Where did all the peregrinos go? Long night in Calle del Carmen in Pamplona? Maybe the long distance runner in me was moving too fast ahead of the wave. Hoping for a dry and rockless camino ahead. To all caminantes, que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Buen Camino Sailor! We are at opposite sides of the Camino this year as I am in Santiago.

Safe travels.

Buen camino mister Mike! Nice weather with a lot of sun. Buena suerte y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

My cell phone is just one of the few things to break during my camino lento, so, I could not post any updates. Great weather, and doing well, moving on a westerly course as planned, making adjustments as needed. To all caminantes, que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

€83,-
Post as often as possible. I can not make trek this year. So, I am enjoying vicariously via posts.
Buen camino.

Latest update, the good weather is about to be replaced with rain and wind courtesy of Hurricane Ophelia. Getting my gear ready to face the elements. To all caminantes, stay dry, buena suerte, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back