A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

This week my book was published! (Dutch)

Luka

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pelgrimspad I, Via Monastica, Via Podiensis, Via de la Plata, Camino Francés, Camino del Norte...
My book 'Het leven is te kort om op kantoor te zitten' (Life is too short to sit in an office) has been published!

20190913_131704.jpg

In the summer of 2015 I took a sabbatical from work to rethink my life. I walked from Burgundy on the Le Puy route and the Francés to Santiago and decided that this was the life I wanted to live: simple, physical, outside, less stuff, closer to nature and without impressive job titles.

A year ago I moved to the Spanish countryside and started writing a book about my transformation. With my book I hope to inspire other people to go and do what they love.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
My book 'Het leven is te kort om op kantoor te zitten' (Life is too short to sit in an office) has been published!

View attachment 64729

In the summer of 2015 I took a sabbatical from work to rethink my life. I walked from Burgundy on the Le Puy route and the Francés to Santiago and decided that this was the life I wanted to live: simple, physical, outside, less stuff, closer to nature and without impressive job titles.

A year ago I moved to the Spanish countryside and started writing a book about my transformation. With my book I hope to inspire other people to go and do what they love.
Congrats, and are you planning on a Spanish or English version? I am a bit long in the tooth to learn another language! The photo is superb.

Luka

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pelgrimspad I, Via Monastica, Via Podiensis, Via de la Plata, Camino Francés, Camino del Norte...
Congrats, and are you planning on a Spanish or English version? I am a bit long in the tooth to learn another language! The photo is superb.
Taken from my garden, I am a lucky person!

That is up to the publisher, I guess. But I don't think I will be that lucky...

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Taken from my garden, I am a lucky person!

That is up to the publisher, I guess. But I don't think I will be that lucky...
Best of luck to you Luka, with your book sales!

Hurry Krishna

Indian on the Way
Camino(s) past & future
2009 (from Sarria), 2014 from St Jean Pied de Port, 2016 from Porto, 2018 from Le Puy to Santiago.

View attachment 64729

Never easy to write a book - Congratulations!!!

wayfarer

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
Congratulation and every good wish for the future Luka.

Mike Savage

So many friends to meet . . . so little time
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés,Inglés
Muxia/Finisterre
Português Coastal
Português Central
Sanabrés
Luka, I wish you all the best with your book and your chosen life. I sometimes wish that I had the strength of mind to buck the system and do as you have.

Dorpie

RIP 2019
Camino(s) past & future
Santiago to Finisterre to Muxia 2013
Camino Frances May 2015, July 2017, October 2019
Many congratulations @Luka , wish you all the best with the book!

Theo59

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2022

View attachment 64729

Congratulations. I know how you are feeling. I wish a long and happy journey to your book.

janecaroline

Devonstreams
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (May 2013) Camino de Madrid -( Aug/ Sept 2014)
Camino Frances - Leon to Santiago - Dec 2014
Huge Congratulations Luka! Like everyone here I wish you sucéss with your book and happiness in your new life. So courageous to make a change like that but I’m sure it already is the best thing you could have done. Bon courage avec tous.

Bodi

For this breath, I am present.
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP to Najera Sept. 2017; Najera to Astorga Oct. 2018; SJPP to Pamplona May 2019
I admire your courage to make a huge shift in your life. Congratulations on the book and all the best as you continue your new life journey.

LTfit

Veteran Member
Gefeliciteerd!

I of course heard about it as I read your blog (I like the new layout by the way) but wanted to officially congratulate you here.

Best of luck with the sales (from another soul who will be following her dreams in 2020 and joining you in Spain:))

Luka

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Wow, thank you all! :D

gersevink

senior pelgrim
Camino(s) past & future
2013 del Norte, Fisterra, Muxia
2015 Via de la Plata
2016 Camino Portugues
2019 Camino Frances

View attachment 64729

Waar is het boek in nl te koop?

Luka

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock