A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Those !!!! Boot Laces

Thursday October 11th 2012
Casar de Caceres - Canaveral

We were just coming up to one of the bridges across the Embalse de Alcantara (reservoir) when the loop from one of my boot laces got caught in the other boot and I went flying over into the road. Two scratched knees, one broken finger on my left hand (home made splint working quite well) and a badly bruised right hand.

The very next day we caught up with two young German girls and the exact same accident happened to one of them on the same day and on the same stretch of road. She ended up with a badly cut knee.

We are both as they would say "on the road again".

My laces are now tied to the very end - no loops left.

Having an exhausting but brilliant Camino.

Camino(s) past & future
Moissac to Santiago Spring 2005 was the first foray.
Oh dear, so sorry for you - such a shock to fall unexpectedly like that - and the pain and damage doesn't help! Hey, though Brio! getting back on the Way!

I had never imagined such a bootlace loop accident and yet it now (after reading your post) seems an obvious thing ...

but two similar in the same place? 'Beware imps! :|

Buen Camino! :wink:

Camino(s) past & future
Past: SJPdP -> Santo Domingo de la Calzada
Future: Santo Domingo de la Calzada -> Santiago
Sounds painful and potentially dangerous. Glad to hear you were able to recover and continue. I triple tie my laces so there no hanging laces but still haven't found a perfect formula for lacing that does not cause blisters on my small toes during an extensive and steep downhill hikes.

Thomas1962

Camino(s) past & future
2010: Porto - SdC - Finisterra 2011: E4 on Crete 2012: Le Puy - SJPdP 2013: Camino Madrid -> Del Salvador -> Primitivo 2014: European Peace Walk. 2015: Amsterdam - SdC & Barcelona -Burgos. 2016:Norte & hospitalero
Hope it didn't happen again msb1932 and that ended the camino well by now.
If you want to get rid of shoelaces anyway; salomon has many shoes with another lace system. For me I had to get used to it the first days and I was afraid the system would break. After a few days it was fine and the system still works perfect after 1,5 years of daily use.

Camino(s) past & future
Via de la Plata 2010, Camino de Madrid, Salvador, Primitivo 2013, Olvidado, Invierno 2014

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 107 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.5%