• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Thoughts at Christmas for those having to postpone

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
For all of you who have had to postpone or curtail your Caminos for whatever reason. May the obstacles be overcome and may you be able to get there. My thoughts are with those of you who have been less fortunate than those of us lucky enough this year. We had a thread a while ago where people asked for our prayers for those with health problems. Maybe there are those who would like our prayers at this special time? Why not post any such request here? Last time people were very supportive of the requests made.
Feliz Natividad

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yes, our thoughts and prayers for those unsure if their health will improve enough to walk as planned in 2015, or who postponed this year. Our thanks for love and prayers for expressed for ourselves over our postponed Camino in 2014, and our best wishes to all for a blessed and happy Christmas and for 2015.

A thank you to Ivar for the little happy Christmas/Camino 2015 message which appears on my screen.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am organising a pilgrimage by coach (through McCabe Travel) for people who are unable to walk very far, but four people have recently had to drop out due to ill health. We currently have a group of twenty, but at least one is in his eighties and another is suffering from cancer. It would be great if you could pray that we will all make it to Santiago in June, and if you know anyone who would like to join us tell them to look on the McCabe website.

Have just travelled 7,000 kms to be with my family for Christmas & I'm thankful for it.
My thoughts & prayers to those who - for whatever reason (health, work, etc ) - are unable to be with theirs.
Suzanne :)

Small steps can carry you to Santiago. Whether by foot, or in your nightly dreams, the Camino is there. It is a very spiritual journey we take. May 2015 get you closer to your goal and to the walk of a lifetime. Feliz Natividad and Buen Camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've just had one friend say that she needs prayers because she will be with her family!

Jokes aside, I will certainly be thinking about those who are experiencing difficulties through Christmas. Let the joyful image of a newborn child bring peace to you all.

I speak from experience as someone who had to delay their Camino. I had grand dreams of beginning on my birthday back in 2013. I had to delay the trip for almost a year though.

I would not trade the worst moment of my delayed Camino for what would have been the best moment of the Camino I would have had if I had walked when I intended.

I don't mean to get into the religious and spiritual aspects of things, but I do believe that we walk exactly when we are supposed to. For me, that's part of what the Camino is. It's letting go of what and when I think something needs to happen, and letting it happen in it's own due time. Like vgen5122 said, the Camino is there. Your time will come, maybe not exactly when you want it to, but it will be exactly when you NEED it.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back