• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Thoughts from Somewhere along the Way

Kedney

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese
Camino Francés
My wife Karen and I walked the Camino Frances for 42 days from May 2 to June 18. During that time we experienced hypothermia in the Pyrenees, a bad fall in Pamplona, and the best time of our lives! Our iPhone 8+ carried the Wise Pilgrim app, allowed me to keep a blog, take pictures and video, and edit the whole thing on the iPhone into a YouTube video. We didn’t chronicle each day, but simply put together thoughts as inspiration arose.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My wife Karen and I walked the Camino Frances for 42 days from May 2 to June 18. During that time we experienced hypothermia in the Pyrenees, a bad fall in Pamplona, and the best time of our lives! Our iPhone 8+ carried the Wise Pilgrim app, allowed me to keep a blog, take pictures and video, and edit the whole thing on the iPhone into a YouTube video. We didn’t chronicle each day, but simply put together thoughts as inspiration arose.
Well done! I thoroughly enjoyed watching your video. It brought back the best memories of my own camino. What a privilege it is for any one to be able to experience such an adventure. Thank you for sharing yours with us.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I literally am 4 minutes into your video when I see this post, lol! It's fantastic so far and I'm looking forward to the rest. :)

By jove! You GOT IT! IMHO, You perfectly nailed the entire raison d'etre of the Camino. Fabulous video. Should be required viewing...for all...

Thank you for doing this.

Nice video. My husband and I walked from St Jean to Santiago May 5 - June 12. I am surprised that we did not meet you along the way. Thanks for sharing! It brought back the great memories of our camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you so much for your Camino gift to all of us.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This is my first post. We walked May 1st to June 10th this year (then bus to Finesterre and rest). This video is AWESOME! It captures our camino as well. THANK YOU!!

This is my first post. We walked May 1st to June 10th this year (then bus to Finesterre and rest). This video is AWESOME! It captures our camino as well. THANK YOU!!
We love Kevin Codd's books! He is a parish priest in our town. He did a reading from his second book just before we left on Camino and he will preside at the annual St. James feast mass and pilgrim dinner here this month. Buen Camino!

Lovely!!! I remember all of these places. I am from Sacramento and was there last September/October.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Beautiful! Your video captures so much of the essence of the Way! Thanks for posting and sharing!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Truly enjoyable video that captured so much! I thank you for sharing and am hoping you are enjoying the bounty of the Central Valley at the moment!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It is a very pretty video...just a little taste of your journey (in minutes) but it leaves a wonderful flavor of the Camino in our hearts. Thanks a lot for sharing...BUEN CAMINO ALWAYS 🎉👣🎉👣🎉

I would simply like to say “thank you” for taking the time to create this beautiful video. Tears filled my eyes as I watched your journey unfold. You have captured the Camino in a poignant and meaningful way. Blessings and Buen Camino...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I loved this video and the way you edited it. And I agree with you about the Meseta. This was my favourite part of all.

My husband and I walked the Camino Frances in March this year. We have done many hikes before but the Camino is not just a hike. It changed me and I am learning every day just how much.

Loved the video ,inspiring.

i was on the Camino the same time..

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your journey.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back