• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Three Days and a Wake up!

Arn

Veteran Member
I'm sitting in my parlor here at the farm in Virginia. I've tied up most of the loose ends and fought the urge to pile any additional "last minute" tasks into my already overflowing basket. As I said in a past thread...it's remarkable how so much of the "stuff" that only I can do...is successfully completed by others.

My dog "Cap'n Jack (a pug) refuses to leave my side. He knows I'm going away, again, an he isn't. My cats also can sense I am going somewhere and, although they have no intention of going anywhere, I've had to store my pack in a plastic bag. They will show their displeasure by peeing on the pack should I leave it unattended. A scent I have no intention of carrying on Camino.
I will take the pack out later this evening...remove anything I "think" I may need and repack, placing it back in the plastic bag.
I am so excited to be back on Camino.:D

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Make sure you keep us informed how you're getting on, your messages are always worth reading for their good advice and humor.
Buen 'How did that dog get in there?' Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My cat lays on any piece of luggage left on a bed, while I am getting ready to travel. She does not like to even go outdoors so I doubt she wants to go with me. However, the cat hair on the bag reminds me of her while I am travelling.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I'm sitting in my parlor here at the farm in Virginia. I've tied up most of the loose ends and fought the urge to pile any additional "last minute" tasks into my already overflowing basket. As I said in a past thread...it's remarkable how so much of the "stuff" that only I can do...is successfully completed by others.

My dog "Cap'n Jack (a pug) refuses to leave my side. He knows I'm going away, again, an he isn't. My cats also can sense I am going somewhere and, although they have no intention of going anywhere, I've had to store my pack in a plastic bag. They will show their displeasure by peeing on the pack should I leave it unattended. A scent I have no intention of carrying on Camino.
I will take the pack out later this evening...remove anything I "think" I may need and repack, placing it back in the plastic bag.
This made me laugh! Sitting here in Atlanta I, too, have a dog, who knows when I'm traveling and wants very much to come along, and two cats who would love nothing more than to mark by luggage. In fact, I have my suitcase in a large plastic bag sitting in my dining room now; I recently loaned it to my sister to use on a trip to Vienna. I kept warning her to keep it in a plastic bag at her house so HER cats wouldn't pee on it. Someone gave me a book entitled "I Could Pee on That." The cover shows a handsome tabby "smiling" right into the camera. We cat owners have to put up with a lot. Have a great trip!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ah go on Al, you know you want to!;)

Wishing you the best, Arn. Even moderators deserve a break and a chance to get back on the Camino! Laurie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Gosh, how time flies. One day and a wake up.
This Camino I will start in Sarria. My pastor indicates he is interested in walking the Way, though he has limited time. So, I've suggested the Sarria stage.
In April, as mentioned in another thread, I will start in SJPDP and meet Father Jonathan near Sarria.
Well, time to unpack once again. Down to 16 lbs/7kg. Not counting the six pack of cervezas.

Arn, have a safe journey to the Camino and from wherever you start. Ultreya all the way!:)

Buen Camino Arn!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Buen Camino Arn!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back