• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Three Days to Camino

Hnting

Alrighty,

I am three days from beginning my Camino and I would like to bounce a few things off ya’ll. I am going to be arriving in A Coruna at around 0830 and am planning on finding a bus or cab to Ferrol and beginning my Camino from there. I plan on keeping to the following schedule:

Day 1: Arrive in A Coruna. Transit to Ferrol. Ferrol – Pontedeume: 25kms
Day 2: Pontedeume – Bentanzos: 20kms
Day 3: Bentanzos – Hospital de Bruma: 29kms
Day 4: Hospital de Bruma – Sigueriro: 24kms
Day 5: Sigueriro – Santiago de Compostela: 16kms
Day 6-10: Santiago – Finisterre: I have not nailed down stages for this, but would really love to do it. I figure that with the CSJ and collective experience of those in Santiago, I can acquire the information that I need.

I have booth CSJ guides (Can’t thank you enough for those) and my packing list almost complete. One week ago I felt fairly confident that I am ready, now I am getting pre-game jitters. So, to curb those, I have a few parting questions:

1. I am banking on being able to find somewhere to wash my clothes every other day or so. Is this realistic?
2. Are there any particular sections that I should ensure on having additional water, eg. Day 3?
3. I have not made advance reservations for lodging as of yet, but plan on making them as soon as I get to Ferrol. My fiancés speaks Spanish, so I am assuming that this will be a somewhat simple task…?
4. Any last parting tips for two 24 year old Americans about to undergo this adventure?

Thanks again for everyone’s posts and replies to my questions. This resource has been invaluable.

-Matt

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Best to get the bus to Ferrol (goes every hour on the 1/2 hour from a station on the airport bus route).

If you want to go on from Santiago to Finisterre is another 3/4 days. There are also a least 3 albergues on the route and most recommend starting with just over 20kms to Negreira, then just over 30kms each (supposedly) to Olveiroa and Finisterre. Checkout the Finisterre forum and be prepared for an influx on this route as it has become increasingly popular and it can be very crowded.

Happy walking.

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.