• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Three weeks St. Olavsleden, end of July to August 2018

Purky

Intermittent Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Reality is frequently inaccurate
Oh boy... Tonight I finished booking tickets from Holland to Stockholm and from Trondheim back to Amsterdam. It's going to be St. Olavsleden from Sundsvall/Selånger towards Trondheim this summer. Three weeks hiking with my wife, and when I suggested this idea just after the summer of 2017 I had to promise not to go nuts with the daily distances. I gladly agreed. Cross my heart, can we go please?

We're aiming for the Swedish/Norwegian border, which averages out to about 19 days of 20 km. Anything further is a bonus. Because budget is always an issue, and also because we like it, we will camp out for most of the walk. That's also why I scored a spiffy secondhand Radical Design Wheelie hiking trailer late last year. Very curious how that's gonna work out, compared to lugging my full kit around on the Dutch Pieterpad last year. If I don't like it, I'll just sell it again.

Besides that I secured a, by the looks of it very comprehensive, English guide from the online St. Olavsleden shop in Sweden (exceptionally nice and personal service, by the way). No surprise that I've been eagerly turning pages in it already. Itchy feet and I can hardly wait! In the meantime I will scour this section of the forum and am very much open to hints, tips and recommendations.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Sounds wonderful. Hope it is a fantastic walk. Hope to do it one day,

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.