• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tick Warning!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yeah. Now the ticks are catching flights on urban moths and jumping on you from above while you think you are sleeping safely in the city.

The danger of ticks is when they carry lyme disease.

Ticks do not "fly". They wait patiently on tall grass for mammal passing by and "jump" on them.

A way to avoid them is to walk on paved roads/trails, not close to tall grass.

A way to spot ticks easier on a body is to wear light-coloured clothing.

Hikers in affected areas are advised to wear light-colored long sleeves shirt and trousers.

There was no tick warning on Camino Francis in 5/2017 and Camino Portugues in 5/2019.

More information:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
David is first and foremost a Camino Angel to many by bringing his First Aid kit, coming to the rescue of any pilgrim needing help on the Way. Secondly, he has a great sense of humor and wit, which has given me a laugh a number of times over the past two years. I always enjoy his input!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A short questionnaire:

Are you a Camino addict? Tick
Are you a Forum addict? Tick
Are you a habitual Pilgrim? Tick
How do you catch Lyme Disease? Tic

Take the necessary precautions Pilgrims but do not let fear be your guide. Tick
Tinky, I've seen your own funny bone and dry humor on numerous occasions over the last 2+ years, and when you engage it, it never disappoints...like now!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My first Camino, I wound up with what looked like a tick bite (had to Google it, we're fortunate not to have much trouble with ticks in Los Angeles). Then I had to Google whether there was Lyme disease in Europe (spoiler: not yet, for the most part). Still, I went from oblivious and spoiled to more aware of the dangers, so that's something, right?

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back